Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doon

• 18-02-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

I need to get to Doon on Saturday to visit a very ill relative but there is only one bus and it Doon to Limerick in the morning and a return in the evening.

I have no one that can give me a lift.

Does anyone have options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Taxi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

dashoonage wrote: »
    Taxi ?

Is that safe?

I know they are operating but that long in a car with someone that I don’t know if they have been taking proper precautions.

I don’t want to take risks with my relative’s health

Is there a bus from Annacotty that goes near Doon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Really you shouldn't be visiting them. It's over 5km and unless your delivering an essential item like medication, it's not an essential journey. That may sound harsh I know, but tens of thousands of people have been in the same boat with sick relatives over the last 11 months.

Really you shouldn't be visiting them. It's over 5km and unless your delivering an essential item like medication, it's not an essential journey. That may sound harsh I know, but tens of thousands of people have been in the same boat with sick relatives over the last 11 months.

I know but not being able to visit is getting to me.

I have been trying to distract myself driving myself the last few days but cannot.

There doesn’t seem to be any way out there anyway other than walking and even though I’ve seen locals walking those roads I would say I would be putting myself in real danger trying it.

Knowing I can’t get there isn’t helping though.

• Advertisement

Even if there was bus would I be allowed on it?

I assume people need a pass or document that grants permission to go the route?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Your options are limited due to the level 5 restrictions. If you don't meet the requirements for travelling outside of 5 km, then there is no advise that can be given here. If you are permitted under those rules, taxis are running, and I would imagine quite clean. Wear a mask (or two preferably), bring your own hand sanitizer, and be as safe as you can.

MarkR wrote: »
    Your options are limited due to the level 5 restrictions. If you don't meet the requirements for travelling outside of 5 km, then there is no advise that can be given here. If you are permitted under those rules, taxis are running, and I would imagine quite clean. Wear a mask (or two preferably), bring your own hand sanitizer, and be as safe as you can.

I had been dealing with not being able to go but a few days ago two of my sisters started saying that we should and when I said we can’t they convinced me otherwise.

Then suddenly they change their minds.

Even though I should know better I’ve let them know irk me into a state over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Try using an online video messaging platform?

Try using an online video messaging platform?

That isn’t an option.

I just have to let go the idea but it isn’t easy.

Nothing about the lockdown bothered me before. Never thought of masks or cinema closures as inconvenient. I was just happy to along with it.

But this is affecting me badly. I kept going back to the idea of walking even though it is extremely dangerous and the weather will be bad.

Some sane part of my brain is just about managing to hold onto the idea that I am in no condition for a 6 hour walk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think this is getting more towards personal issues at this stage. You are aware of how you can get there. You are aware of current restrictions that may affect this. You have been advised of possible services. Please be safe, and I hope you get a resolution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement