Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this legal.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Both devices can be obtained as IP rated, plus both could be LV (low-voltage), so yes, in theory could be acceptable.

https://www.bathshack.com/proofvision-19-premium-bathroom-tv-white-finish-18855.html
    https://hegartylighting.ie/surface-lights/2489-bathroom-ip44-chandelier-k5-crystals-5053423028958.html

There may be a requirement to have a specific distance between the tub and the hanging lamp, that would be specified in the national rules.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That depends on a few things, for example the TV and chandelier could be:
    1) ELV
    2) Have sufficient IP rating
    3) Could be outside all zones

So it is possible to have TV and chandelier in a bathroom such as this in a complaint manner.
    I have also seen fibre optic lights where the electrical components are very remote to where the light emits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gestureapo

Looks like an expensive job

On the balance of probabilities , i would say it more than likely complies with the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

So if the driver for an LED downlight is above the ceiling it's good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

I stayed in a hotel in Budapest once upon a time that had an ordinary old-fashioned cathode ray TV suspended on a flimsy extendable bracket right over the bath!

You can buy IP rated TV's so I'd imagine the one pictured is one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

RandRuns wrote: »
    I stayed in a hotel in Budapest once upon a time that had an ordinary old-fashioned cathode ray TV suspended on a flimsy extendable bracket right over the bath!

You can buy IP rated TV's so I'd imagine the one pictured is one of those.

You'd be watching a lot of right thrillers there while relaxing in a lovely bath of highly conductive soapy bathwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

You'd be watching a lot of right thrillers there while relaxing in a lovely bath of highly conductive soapy bathwater.

I wondered at the time if it was a deliberate ploy to discourage anybody from using the bath. Or maybe Hungarians just like living dangerously.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

RandRuns wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Yes you can see some pretty mad stuff when abroad.
    I had a few interesting electrical experiences in Haiti.

Advertisement