Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for social housing

Options
  • 18-02-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm wondering if I should or can apply for social housing.

I'm currently living at home with my five yr old and elderly dad. I am his carer too. I'm so depressed and have the added worry if something happened him id have no where to go and is causing me great distress.

I don't want to go to the effort of filling out form to be only refused a place on the list.

My question is would I be edible or wasting my time?

Thanks for advice in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Apply away you have nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if your dad is living i council housing, you could try to get the tenancy changed to your name/ get your name added to it.

investigate this, investigate the possibility and perhaps contact a local TD for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Dublinandy3

If it’s what you want you shouldn’t be considering giving up before you start. Filling a few forms in is not really a hardship, even if you are successful.

As for the question will you be successful, there are a lot of variables so unless you’re willing to go in a lot more detail anyone saying yes or no on here is just having an educated, or uneducated, guess.

As the previous poster said, no harm in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

if your dad is living i council housing, you could try to get the tenancy changed to your name/ get your name added to it.

investigate this, investigate the possibility and perhaps contact a local TD for assistance.

Alot of councils have changed their policies when it comes to adults being added to the rent to inherit the property ,some are making being added a contract stating they have no legal right to the property if something happens the main tenant

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NeedAdvice!

Gatling wrote: »
    Alot of councils have changed their policies when it comes to adults being added to the rent to inherit the property ,some are making being added a contract stating they have no legal right to the property if something happens the main tenant

Its my dads house and my siblings will want to sell it when the time comes.

Thanks again everyone. I'll look into it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement