Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty: A Lot of People's Favorite Punchbag

Options
  • 18-02-2021 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I don't follow the woman on any social media, I don't know most of the "horrid" things she has said or done in the past. I know she and some other journalist challenged the restrictions in court recently and that's about it.

One thing I do know is how much outrage there is on these forums about her. People calling her all kinds of names and questioning her mental state. Many of the comments are completely over the top, you would swear she is some kind of possessed demonic overlord.

I did notice on the news this afternoon an interview with one of the victims of the abuse in Terenure College in the 70s. The man thanked Gemma O'Doherty for exposing the abuse for a lot of victims and referred to her as "A lot of people's favorite punchbag"

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0218/1197932-john-mclean/

For once I have to give credit to RTE for not editing it out (even though the man said he wouldn't mention her name because they would only edit it out)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I don't follow the woman on any social media, I don't know most of the "horrid" things she has said or done in the past. I know she and some other journalist challenged the restrictions in court recently and that's about it.

One thing I do know is how much outrage there is on these forums about her. People calling her all kinds of names and questioning her mental state. Many of the comments are completely over the top, you would swear she is some kind of possessed demonic overlord.

I did notice on the news this afternoon an interview with one of the victims of the abuse in Terenure College in the 70s. The man thanked Gemma O'Doherty for exposing the abuse for a lot of victims and referred to her as "A lot of people's favorite punchbag"

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0218/1197932-john-mclean/

For once I have to give credit to RTE for not editing it out (even though the man said he wouldn't mention her name because they would only edit it out)
    You would do well to follow her on any social media......she has been thrown off pretty much everything....and for a reason.

You have heard the phrase about a stopped clock being right twice a day.

You don't have to look far to find said "horrid" things she has said and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I believe that she used to be a fine journalist. Then she took a hard turn into conspiracy and then into outer space.

I do wonder sometimes whether her turn was in some way inspired by some genuine political or clerical coverups she must have been aware of through her earlier work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: We definitely don't need another of these threads. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement