Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel two tier system post vaccination

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

paw patrol wrote: »
    1) some people are sick and will die from a host of illness , covid isn't unique. aside from them , no it's only the old are dying. Sure pull up the tabloid scare story of the mid 30s women who ran an ultra marathon a day and still die. She isn't representative of the population - is she exists

knock yourself out - 266 deaths under 65 out of 4.5 million people...go figure...Table 1 (link below)
    4.5million estimate based on 600k over 65 in 2019 census

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries24/

2) How do you know? The long covid tales from the media - which conveniently ignores that a person can take months to recover from an illness - back i 2018 my son took over 3 months to get over flu. This is not unusual for any illness that strikes a person hard. Covid is 1 year old approx. Talk to me in 9-12 months re: long covid.
    Also a handful of cases shouldn't mean blanket rules for an entire population or we've never do anything , ever

So I disagree with your comments.

So the WHO, the ECDC, the American CDC, every national public health authority in the world are all wrong. You obviously know better.

We should just simply ignore the virus....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

1) some people are sick and will die from a host of illness , covid isn't unique. aside from them , no it's only the old are dying.
    So ignoring the people who arent old, only the old people are dying?:confused:
    2) How do you know?
    You are [presuming they will all get 100% better eventually, well they haven't thus far, so with the facts as we know them right now, you are wrong and I (and most of the rest of the world) are correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

GreeBo wrote: »
    So ignoring the people who arent old, only the old people are dying?:confused:

You are [presuming they will all get 100% better eventually, well they haven't thus far, so with the facts as we know them right now, you are wrong and I (and most of the rest of the world) are correct.

By that logic people die in car accidents therefore we should ban cars as they are too risky. Also people can suffer serious injuries in car accidents so its not just a matter of life and death.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

GT89 wrote: »
    By that logic people die in car accidents therefore we should ban cars as they are too risky. Also people can suffer serious injuries in car accidents so its not just a matter of life and death.

The risk of a car accident is far below the risk of catching and having severe illness or death from COVID, car accidents will also not overwhelm the health system like COVID has.

Still waiting on what the next stage of the slippery slope looks like so I know what to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

the covid19 virus is lethal to very few - only the old and sick who are venerable to every other sickness going.

Can you explain why your immune system which has functioned since the dawn of time suddenly stopped for covid19? please?

So COVID is only lethal for sick and old people? How are young healthy people dying from it so? Honestly it’s amazing to me how we can be a year into this and so many people still have such a poor understanding of the situation. Did you not know young healthy people are dying as well or were you just being disingenuous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I'd feel very uncomfortable with a vaccine cert requirement before the vaccine is available to all.

If a vaccine cert came in tomorrow and only health care workers and the elderly could engage in leisure id be telling them to go **** themselves.

It would be different in September when everyone who wants a vaccine will have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd feel very uncomfortable with a vaccine cert requirement before the vaccine is available to all.

If a vaccine cert came in tomorrow and only health care workers and the elderly could engage in leisure id be telling them to go **** themselves.

It would be different in September when everyone who wants a vaccine will have one.

Why would you be uncomfortable? Are you jealous of people who are more vulnerable to getting COVID-19 than you are? Is it fear of missing out?

Life isn't fair, those who are more vulnerable will get vaccinated sooner and have access to more things sooner (still looking only like international travel at the moment), it's not great for those who aren't vulnerable having to wait, but, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wonder how many others share the saddo fantasies of the OP.

“Saddo fantasies”

This *is* happening in Israel. I linked the article in the OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

I don't think anyone has a problem with vaccinations...the problem is the tiered society.

But of course, you knew that!!!

Wow, do you honestly believe that?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

astrofool wrote: »
    The risk of a car accident is far below the risk of catching and having severe illness or death from COVID, car accidents will also not overwhelm the health system like COVID has.

Still waiting on what the next stage of the slippery slope looks like so I know what to look out for.

I guess the slippery slope caused the car accidents?:confused:

Not sure, getting too hard to follow this latest story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It could work and makes sense, if only vaccinated people were allowed into a restaurant then you wouldn't have a covid outbreak in said restaurant, you'd also need the restaurant staff to be vaccinated in this situation of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭blackbox

Anyone who refuses to get the vaccine without medical justification is a selfish c**t and I'm happy to see them treated as such.

What if the bar staff can't take the vaccine for medical reasons? Should they have to give up their jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

blackbox wrote: »

What if the bar staff can't take the vaccine for medical reasons? Should they have to give up their jobs?

In the short term, yes, they should avoid any sniff of a public gathering for their own safety, as should any potential customer

Once we get to herd immunity things can change for them

Advertisement