Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Rewatch

Options
  • 18-02-2021 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a rewatch of Raw from the end of 98 onwards and need a thread to record my random thoughts.

First observation; Regal calling Godfather's women of the night "slappers" to Lawler's perplexment.

Raw goes by so damn quickly.

Owen Hart and his Blue Blazer lark was underrated.

3 episodes in and it's the first the I've seen the women's champion....she's shilling WWF perfume.

This era gets sh1t for bad matches but just watched a very entertaining tag match between D Lo Brown/Mark Henry and The Brood.

Duane Gill was Light Heavyweight champ. Completely left my brain.

Thoughts welcome. Will try to keep it to one post a day on the specific observations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I did the same but from 1997. Up as far as 2001 now. Great stuff and such an easy watch compared to modern stuff. Wish there was a way to watch weekly episodes and PPVs in chronological order as they were broadcast instead of having to hop around menus all the time. You'd think it would be a no brainer. Also wish they had all the Sunday Night Heat's from the Channel 4 era in there, as I saw way more of them than I did Raws and Smackdowns from being puuuure deprived as a child
    ( sure wasn't there "plenty of SKY outside..." )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I did the same but from 1997. Up as far as 2001 now. Great stuff and such an easy watch compared to modern stuff. Wish there was a way to watch weekly episodes and PPVs in chronological order as they were broadcast instead of having to hop around menus all the time. You'd think it would be a no brainer. Also wish they had all the Sunday Night Heat's from the Channel 4 era in there, as I saw way more of them than I did Raws and Smackdowns from being puuuure deprived as a child
    ( sure wasn't there "plenty of SKY outside..." )

Yeah I was wondering would I include PPVS. For now I'll try and ignore them and let Raw flow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When I first got the Network I was watching Raw/SD/PPVs from 2000 onwards as that was when I originally got into wrestling. The one big thing I noticed was everyone got some sort of pop when they came out, yes depending on the star level it would be louder but even jobbers or lower mid carders got a reaction.

Also I agree that they should have it in chronological order instead of having to go back to the menu every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Why start from the end of 1998?

Why start from the end of 1998?

I decided to start from The Rock winning the title onwards. No particular reason other than seeing what Raw was like with him as Champion onwards.

• Advertisement

Some more for the day.

Cole really is struggling commentating.

As a kid I thought there was something distinctly uncool about DX and now that's amplified 10 times that. People cringe at DX showing up now but I was doing that 20 years ago. :pac:

Terri Runnels.....well.

D-Lo and Mark Henry really were an excellent duo.

Crowd goes nuts for everyone from the Job Squad onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some more for the day.

Cole really is struggling commentating.

As a kid I thought there was something distinctly uncool about DX and now that's amplified 10 times that. People cringe at DX showing up now but I was doing that 20 years ago. :pac:

Terri Runnels.....well.

D-Lo and Mark Henry really were an excellent duo.

Crowd goes nuts for everyone from the Job Squad onwards.

Not Much has changed then.

Yeah DX in this era hasn’t aged well.

No more needs to be said about Terri.

D-Lo could go in the ring and thankfully mark Henry figured the old rassling out.

Well the crowd go nuts for the whole card because they gave a crap about what they were watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Did you watch Survivor Series '98? Apart from the Undertaker-Rock match, it's one of the best PPVs of the Attitude Era.

Advertisement