Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most unhealthy item you ate or drank

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

begbysback wrote: »
    If we started to eat each other would you consider that unhealthy?

People from this site? Most definitely. You’d be eating lads who survive on a “diet” of Doritos and fizzy drinks, vile ones like Pepsi Max.

They’d get very little, if any, exercise so you’d be dealing with a high fat content in the “meat”. Lots of gristle and blubber to cut away.

I think I’d go vegan first.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

A full bottle of spirit of louisiana and 6 jam donuts - thought I went blind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭enricoh

Stroh 80 rum. Definitely not to be drank neat.

The oul lad had a bottle of this many moons ago, a nip is great if you're getting a sore throat, it just obliterates any germs setting up shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

trashcan wrote: »
    Depends. Boiled or fried ?

Personal preference really, me I’d go fried, definitely fried,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

People from this site? Most definitely. You’d be eating lads who survive on a “diet” of Doritos and fizzy drinks, vile ones like Pepsi Max.

They’d get very little, if any, exercise so you’d be dealing with a high fat content in the “meat”. Lots of gristle and blubber to cut away.

This is why I’d go fried, well done, crispy like.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Otherwise...agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

During college we spent one summer in Ocean City, Maryland, USA. After an all-night session we were back in our apartment, still drinking. I cooked some pasta & when not watching my friends poured in a full bottle of after sun lotion. I ate the whole lot, was wondering whey they weren't hungry.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Was in Glasgow for the Ireland Scotland game in 2015...I had battered pizza, battered black pudding, battered sausage and battered haggis in the space of two days...My mates blame that weekend for the cancer I got the following year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Not sure how unhealthy it is but I had deep fried lamb brain once and it tasted like pure fat. Horrible stuff.

• Advertisement

When I was 21 I moved into a new house share in the city centre. My Friday night ritual became to go for a few pints on Friday night and get a kebab to go on the way home, get into bed and eat it. Some nights I wouldn't finish the kebab, so I'd put it into my bedside table drawer and have it for my breakfast.

One morning I woke up, bit groggy, reached into my drawer, unwrapped the kebab and bit in. After a couple of chews I said to myself, "Yeah, I don't think this is the one from last night.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

When I was 21 I moved into a new house share in the city centre. My Friday night ritual became to go for a few pints on Friday night and get a kebab to go on the way home, get into bed and eat it. Some nights I wouldn't finish the kebab, so I'd put it into my bedside table drawer and have it for my breakfast.

One morning I woke up, bit groggy, reached into my drawer, unwrapped the kebab and bit in. After a couple of chews I said to myself, "Yeah, I don't think this is the one from last night.."

I had a mate that did that as well, he would buy 2 kebabs on the way home, the second kebab was eaten when he woke up in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there was this cheapo fizzy drink back in the day called Smak i think

full to the brim with artificial colouring and sweetner and e's

would go hyper after drinking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭sully123

Deep fried battered white pudding.
    Edinburgh.
    Indigestion for 3 days. Worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

eeeewww you just put me off my dinner :o

fryup wrote: »
    eeeewww you just put me off my dinner :o

Was your dinner going to be a fryup fryup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lost implants

Was once so hungry I ate a whole KFC Family Bucket.

Any hungrier and I would have eaten the contents of it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I had Guinea Pig in South America. Basically deep fried skeleton- there was eff all meat on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Stroh 80 rum. Definitely not to be drank neat.

I've never been as bad in my life as I was after 2 shots of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Centra around 3 am years ago,..A roll with loads of Mayo , Sausages that didnt smell great...and grated cheese in an very under cooked baguette. Jesus the thoughts of it again are turning the stomach. Was very drunk at the time but it came back up soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I was at the world cup in south africa in 2010...thought id play it safe with a kfc one evening...it was rank...i was p*ssing out my arse for days...

Havent touched kfc since...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Ramasun

A chipper in a small town. I've never had food poisoning like it and I've eaten some risky street food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Deep fried pizza, deep friend sausage, bag of chips and a deep fried mars from the takeaway near Queen St station in Glasgow. Bagged up nicely for the train journey back up North. After a day of pints with the boys around Glasgow. The things we take for granted eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I still sometimes daydream about the House Special you could get in The Snack Box at the bottom of Shop Street in Galway: A piece of fried chicken, 3 onion rings, 3 garlic mushrooms, a sausage, a rasher and chips. Lived around the corner from the place for a summer and they became the staple feed after a few pints/cans were had. Picked them up a couple of times sober and never managed to finish one unless there was alcohol involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davidbeckham32

deep fried mars bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Plenty of unhealthy meals had here but nothing of note that would stand out from other posts.

It is all reminding me of the Iron stomach competitions that were run when I was in UCD though, many moons ago.

I can still picture a line of lads and maybe even one girl lined up on the steps just up from the lake. Competition started with having to chug a can of Dutch gold or tuborg or something offensive live that. Then they moved onto several jars of baby food, more cheap beer, some boiled eggs, more cheap beer, bread buttered with toothpaste, more beer, a can of dog food, more beer and it continued in the same way with all sorts of foods and cheap horrible beers or dodgy shots.

Contestants dropped out one by one when they either threw in the towel or threw up the contents of their stomach. It all ended with the swallowing of a live gold fish.....

Wouldn't happen now I tells ya, not in an official capacity anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭trashcan

I had Guinea Pig in South America. Basically deep fried skeleton- there was eff all meat on it.

I nearly ordered that off the menu when I was in South America (Peru) but ended up going for Alpaca instead. It was ok, but fairly bland taste wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Summer of 1999 I was in Galway on the beer. Before starting had a chicken pasta dish in some restaurant in Salthill about 6 or 7pm.

Was on hourly trips to jacks between 4 and about 10am.

Trouble was I had met a rather energetic and spirited lady in CPs who wasn't in mood for any sleep.

I remember being not quite sure which was taking more out of me, the scutter or servicing the nymph.

I wasn't the better of it for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Back in college I made a sandwich which my friend dubbed "The Cloginator"

5 slices of white bread.
    Layer of fried egg
    Layer of fried pudding,
    Layer of fried bacon,
    Layer of fried brown bread (more bread for some reason)

I ate half and my friend ate a quarter. Think we both sat there for a while after not able to breathe.

Of course I went back for the final quarter later

trashcan wrote: »
    I nearly ordered that off the menu when I was in South America (Peru) but ended up going for Alpaca instead. It was ok, but fairly bland taste wise.

I had Alpaca too. I am struggling to remember the taste but don't remember it being offensive.

Guinea Pig was a waste of money. No meat on it and greasy. Probably a bad restaurant.

tgdaly wrote: »
    Back in college I made a sandwich which my friend dubbed "The Cloginator"

5 slices of white bread.
    Layer of fried egg
    Layer of fried pudding,
    Layer of fried bacon,
    Layer of fried brown bread (more bread for some reason)

I ate half and my friend ate a quarter. Think we both sat there for a while after not able to breathe.

Of course I went back for the final quarter later

The worst food there is the white bread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Octopus from an "all inclusive" hotel in Cuba gave me my first taste of sudden and severe food poisoning.

I enjoyed eating it though. Would try again, if it's cooked properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

a Crunchy Box, all for a tenner

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/food/scottish-chippy-goes-viral-after-offering-monster-crunchy-box-for-a-tenner/

Still better than the food in Wetherspoons over there:pac:

The Mulk wrote: »
    a Crunchy Box, all for a tenner

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/food/scottish-chippy-goes-viral-after-offering-monster-crunchy-box-for-a-tenner/

Still better than the food in Wetherspoons over there:pac:

I find the Irn Brun offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I find the Irn Brun offensive.

Worst thing is they call it juice over there

The Mulk wrote: »
    Worst thing is they call it juice over there

I can feel my teeth recoiling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Summer of 1999 I was in Galway on the beer. Before starting had a chicken pasta dish in some restaurant in Salthill about 6 or 7pm.

Was on hourly trips to jacks between 4 and about 10am.

Trouble was I had met a rather energetic and spirited lady in CPs who wasn't in mood for any sleep.

I remember being not quite sure which was taking more out of me, the scutter or servicing the nymph.

I wasn't the better of it for a few days

You were hallucinating from the rotten chicken...there was no "energetic lady"...you were going hammer and tongs with yourself!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've ate some unhealthy illegal drugs over the years. Well, I presume they were unhealthy, I didn't really know what was in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Do you talk like this in real life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

I have another one from my youth that I would get sick if I ate it now. Sheep belly stuffed with mashed potato and onion then Roasted. It is the greasiest thing I have ever eaten and just tasted of sheep fat. It was something our grandmother made us eat.
    You know the way back then with wasting nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

beerguts wrote: »
    I have another one from my youth that I would get sick if I ate it now. Sheep belly stuffed with mashed potato and onion then Roasted. It is the greasiest thing I have ever eaten and just tasted of sheep fat. It was something our grandmother made us eat.
    You know the way back then with wasting nothing.

You got roasted tripe?
    Well, la di da.

Ours was boiled in milk.
    You lucky, lucky so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    You got roasted tripe?
    Well, la di da.

Ours was boiled in milk.
    You lucky, lucky so and so.

Boiled in milk!! Jesus I apologise for bitching about mine. The thought of that and it curdling makes my stomach spin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I got a raging dose of the scutters form a dodgy steak in Budapest.

I thought my arsehole was going to melt after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A fat frog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

glasso wrote: »
    A kebab that I got at the end of the night out years ago in Sunny Beach Bulgaria.

The vendor guy was proud-as-punch with his creation, as if he was unveiling some 2* Michelin Restaurant "pièce de résistance".

In fairness I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the 2 bites that I took I imagined to be the provenance of a starved piece of mutton that crawled out of Chernobyl, having survived for a couple of years on irradiated radishes.

When he wasn't looking I managed to slip it into a bin 10 yards down the road.

https://images.app.goo.gl/2bjmDwrFw5bpubJz9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I've had that too, tastes like your drinking a car battery.

also Adolf Hitler's drink of choice apparently.

are you sure your not thinking of Eddie Hitler ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

begbysback wrote: »
    I wouldn’t consider anything unhealthy in and of itself, except maybe for inedible objects like marbles and nails. Anything that is edible is not unhealthy unless it is consumed in great quantities, or poisonous of course.

If we started to eat each other would you consider that unhealthy?

If you started to eat yourself would you double in size or disappear?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It was a burger and fries I bought in some KFC style but privately owned (rather than a chain) take away in south London.

I wouldn't ordinary in a million years gone in there by the look of it but I was stuck after getting home very late from work and there was nowhere else open so I gave it a try.

I still feel ill thinking about it over 10 years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

sugarman wrote: »
    Jaysus yeah, I was trying to think what was the worst I ate over all the away trips I've been on and dodgy places I've eaten in and Glasgow was definitely the worst of them!

I tried all the above too, but by far the worst was a battered steak and kidney pie pastry.

Is it any wonder the average life expectancy for a male in Glasgow is just 54?

I remember a while back seeing an article online showing a battered doner kebab. Again it was from some chipper in Glasgow. I think it had something like 3000 calories.

The worst kebab I ever had however was from a street stall in Prague. It was basically Denny's luncheon roll in pitta bread with an extremely hot sauce and salad. I had brutal heartburn and lava scutters all night after it. I spent the next morning looking for a chemist to get a bottle of Gaviscon for the fire in my stomach and a tube of Bepanthen for the fire in my ring.

Even then that doesn't compare to the dose of salmonella I got from eating undercooked pork in Munich a few years ago. I spent the day in bits in my hotel room. I was drinking water all day only for it to come straight out of my @rse minutes later. I kept myself sane by watching Father Ted videos on my phone using the hotel WiFi. I was lying in bed that evening shivering as my body tried to fight the infection. I somehow managed to get on the plane home the next morning. I spent the rest of the day in bed after my housemate kindly gave me a lift to the doctor who prescribed penicillin and Dioralyte sachets. The stool sample confirmed a rare type of salmonella only found in central Europe. When I think back I should have sued that place. It could have killed me :(

sugarman wrote: »
    Is it any wonder the average life expectancy for a male in Glasgow is just 54?

A quick Google search shows that the average of a Glasgow male in 71.6 but even that is still 7 years below the national average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 thewolfisloose

Plenty of unhealthy meals had here but nothing of note that would stand out from other posts.

It is all reminding me of the Iron stomach competitions that were run when I was in UCD though, many moons ago.

I can still picture a line of lads and maybe even one girl lined up on the steps just up from the lake. Competition started with having to chug a can of Dutch gold or tuborg or something offensive live that. Then they moved onto several jars of baby food, more cheap beer, some boiled eggs, more cheap beer, bread buttered with toothpaste, more beer, a can of dog food, more beer and it continued in the same way with all sorts of foods and cheap horrible beers or dodgy shots.

Contestants dropped out one by one when they either threw in the towel or threw up the contents of their stomach. It all ended with the swallowing of a live gold fish.....

Wouldn't happen now I tells ya, not in an official capacity anyway!

I was there during the heydey of this carry on. Medsoc ran a milk chugging contest one year that had 25-30 students projectile vomiting cascades of undigested milk all over the SU carpark. I remember one girl, barely 5 feet off the ground god love her, spewing a stream of milk the length of her body. Most of it into bin liners, but sure it was 3 or 4 people to a bin!

Nothing beats 2014 though.

I think this must have been final year they ran the iron stomach competition, and probably for the better. The SU's pièce de résistance. This clip is of one of the later rounds of the comp.. after a reverse bread and butter sandwich and probably a few warm cans of beamish.. it went viral at some point, and you can see the bin liner trough set up for the vomit. I don't think I ever laughed as hard in my life as I did that day.. watch at your own peril :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkUSVEv9-M

• Advertisement
Advertisement