Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most unhealthy item you ate or drank

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭babaracus

A quick Google search shows that the average of a Glasgow male in 71.6 but even that is still 7 years below the national average.

54 is an exaggeration for sure but Shettleston in the east end of Glasgow is the only place in Western Europe where life expectancy has declined over the past 30 years, it is somewhere around 62 or that. Unsurprising when you see the state of the place and the diet of the locals. Deep fried black pudding as mentioned earlier is a good seller in the local chippers. Their idea of exercise is opening a can of something tall and fizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Samsgirl wrote: »
    If you started to eat yourself would you double in size or disappear?!

Disappear, you couldn’t double in size given that the pieces you eat would reduce your weight twice as fast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

begbysback wrote: »
    Disappear, you couldn’t double in size given that the pieces you eat would reduce your weight twice as fast.

Where would you disappear to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Where would you disappear to?

O nature, from thee are all things, in thee are all things, to thee all things return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It came up on my facebook memories the other day: a burger with doughnuts for the bun, it was absolutely gorgeous but probably the reason I'm still fat.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭tara73

I stayed in the chernobyl hotel and ate in the only restaurant. It only offered locally produced food.

It was breaded chicken, tomatoes and potatoes. I doubt it was healthy but it stayed down and was probable healthier than half the **** mentioned in this thread.

no mushrooms with it? that would have been the real deal...:P:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Ate 20 McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers in a single sitting. Washed it down with Dutch Gold. Used to be able to take down a Family bucket of fried chicken to myself too. A dozen jammy donuts from a Tesco one after another a different time. Am not / never have been particularly big either but can have a monstrous appetite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Ate 20 McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers in a single sitting. Washed it down with Dutch Gold. Used to be able to take down a Family bucket of fried chicken to myself too. A dozen jammy donuts from a Tesco one after another a different time. Am not / never have been particularly big either but can have a monstrous appetite.

If you did 20 double cheeseburgers in one sitting then thats phenomenal. I think its sick but I'm also really impressed.
    You could legitimately enter an eating competition with that sort of performance. I've watched a few before on YouTube and not many can put away as much as that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Feenix wrote: »
    If you did 20 double cheeseburgers in one sitting then thats phenomenal. I think its sick but I'm also really impressed.
    You could legitimately enter an eating competition with that sort of performance. I've watched a few before on YouTube and not many can put away as much as that.

I dunno could I do it now, I was a good bit younger and more active at the time, bigger metabolism. But yeah, the lads I was with looked on in a kind of mix of awe and horror.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Last night there were some peas in the fridge with cling film over them. I had them with some chips. I went to bed no bother but woke up around 1am, 3am and 5am with the runs. I had the shakes too. I'm still not right and only had some toast to eat today. I did a bit of a calculation and worked out that the peas were in the fridge for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I bought a box of cheesy nik-naks when I was younger, 24 packets. I ate them in about 8 hours.

This was during my stoner days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Curried goat from a Jamaican street vendor near the Village in NY around 2am in the morning after a rake of pints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Last night there were some peas in the fridge with cling film over them. I had them with some chips. I went to bed no bother but woke up around 1am, 3am and 5am with the runs. I had the shakes too. I'm still not right and only had some toast to eat today. I did a bit of a calculation and worked out that the peas were in the fridge for a week.

Were the peas still in the can ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

I ordered a 3am kebab from a dodgy looking, albeit packed spot in Newcastle a few years back. After paying twice I was handed a big box of greasy meat, possibly lamb, with a few chunks of an equally indiscernible grizzly meat on top . No sauce, no bread, no salad. Just meat.

I was hungry and stupid enough to scoff it all down, despite the obvious warnings. It is the only time I've ever seen pigeons and seagulls actively keep their distance from someone eating outside. They wouldn't even touch a chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A bottle of whiskey. Did not feel right after it. At all at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Curried goat from a Jamaican street vendor near the Village in NY around 2am in the morning after a rake of pints

That sounds really nice. I had curried goat before in a Caribbean restaurant and it definitely wasn't unhealthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

We got pizza off a horrendous looking pizza place, ok a dodgey street in “Loret De Mar” in Spain, (sh1thole)

It was I think €4 for a slice which was literally quarter of the large pizza on one of those paper plates you get pancakes on. I woke up about 3 hours into the night and I’d say my heart was beating out my eyes. I’d say it was 90 percent salt.

Separately we used get Kebabs in a certain Kebab place after every night out. One day we didn’t go out and we said we’d get a kebab, sober. It was genuinely the worst thing we ever ate, we swore we’d never eat there again drunk. This actually came to materialise as the place was closed the following week on hygiene grounds. It was the. Issues a full closure order. Sick stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've had McDonalds a few times over the years when catching a late flight through an airport and there's nothing else open. It's not the most unhealthy food I've ever had - try fondue - but it's just so awful. It was always lukewarm, the burger tastes of very little while still being faintly nauseating, and the french fries are just crispy puffs of air. You can see why McDonalds spend so much on marketing and advertising. It's awful everywhere in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sugar-free cola bottles, a lot of them, eaten with no regard for quantity to keep me going through a college assignment. To borrow a phrase, I "shat out my immortal soul". The ordeal lasted halfway into the next day. I had to lie in the bath to contain the seepage from both ends. I've been hospitalised in better condition.

• Advertisement

I've had McDonalds a few times over the years when catching a late flight through an airport and there's nothing else open. It's not the most unhealthy food I've ever had - try fondue - but it's just so awful. It was always lukewarm, the burger tastes of very little while still being faintly nauseating, and the french fries are just crispy puffs of air. You can see why McDonalds spend so much on marketing and advertising. It's awful everywhere in the world.

Getting mcdonalds late in the evening is your mistake here. The burger was probably made 4 hours previously and the lettuce has been sat around all day.

I've had mcdonalds on 4 continents and have had my share of bad ones but generally I like it and have had more good ones than bad ones.

Also, I absolutely love Bacon and Egg McMuffins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i don't know which thread is worse..this one or the worst takeaway one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Getting mcdonalds late in the evening is your mistake here. The burger was probably made 4 hours previously and the lettuce has been sat around all day.

I've had mcdonalds on 4 continents and have had my share of bad ones but generally I like it and have had more good ones than bad ones.

Also, I absolutely love Bacon and Egg McMuffins.

Careful now OP . Remember that the food snobs will bash you for admitting that you enjoy McDonalds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Were the peas still in the can ?
    No, in a bowl. I'm fine today though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

kowloon wrote: »
    Sugar-free cola bottles, a lot of them, eaten with no regard for quantity to keep me going through a college assignment. To borrow a phrase, I "shat out my immortal soul". The ordeal lasted halfway into the next day. I had to lie in the bath to contain the seepage from both ends. I've been hospitalised in better condition.

Oh lord, that might have been from the xylitol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Oh lord, that might have been from the xylitol?

I wish I'd known about how sensitive some people can be to the stuff. The Amazon reviews for sugar-free gummy bears give me the snack food equivalent of a Vietnam flashback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Had a taco chip pizza before. Pizza base, taco sauce, mince, cheese, more mince, more sauce, more cheese. Pizza box nearly fell apart it was so caked in grease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Equium wrote: »
    I ordered a 3am kebab from a dodgy looking, albeit packed spot in Newcastle a few years back. After paying twice I was handed a big box of greasy meat, possibly lamb, with a few chunks of an equally indiscernible grizzly meat on top . No sauce, no bread, no salad. Just meat.

I was hungry and stupid enough to scoff it all down, despite the obvious warnings. It is the only time I've ever seen pigeons and seagulls actively keep their distance from someone eating outside. They wouldn't even touch a chip.

Was probably still the healthiest meal eaten in Newcastle that day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

2 x large curry chip 2 x large batter burger in one sitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Had a taco chip pizza before. Pizza base, taco sauce, mince, cheese, more mince, more sauce, more cheese. Pizza box nearly fell apart it was so caked in grease.

I'm both disgusted and intrigued at the notion such a culinary creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I took a shot of some no name/label drink that was brewed up by some polish lad, it was at a house party and I regretted it the moment I drank it, I can't compare it to anything but the moment I tasted it I thought petrol, it was awful just pure chemical taste/smell.

I was genuinely concerned after it it was that bad, it really didn't taste right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I has hammered one night years ago out over Christmas. Went to a house party and Poitin was going around. I just started knocking it back. I rememebr nothing until waking up at 3pm the following day in some strange house.

I managed to get home while dry heaving every 30 seconds and got repeatedly sick until welll past 12 midnight.

TBH I could have killed myself I was that dangerously drunk. I swear to God I have never been so sick in all my life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Probably a deep fried Mars bar in Glasgow, circa 1997. Drunkenly consumed... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

Probably a 350ml bottle of 80% absinthe when I was younger.

Most unhealthy thing was when I was stoned I ate three large big Mac meals with fries when I was stoned. It was like ****ting a peat briquette for the next two days after it.

Advertisement