Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein cancels bomber commemoration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shankill, Warrington, Enniskillen,Docklands,Harrods, All bombs that were PR disasters for Sinn Fein/IRA.

Many civilians and some children killed. I'd challenge anyone to excuse these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

jm08 wrote: »
    There were bomb warnings given. If you are targetting civilians why tell them that a bomb is going to go off?

They gave warnings to the Police and Samaritans (both because police were sometimes happy to allow the bombings to happen)!

British establishment targets. For example, pubs were places where British Army personnel hung out. Completely different to Islamic terrorists who are indescrimate in their killings.

They gave a single warning with no location, just a Boots shop. Then when it was a child blown up the PIRA came out & said they gave two warning except nobody gave them and no locations.

Why would police want to let the bombs go off? they went off to Liverpool and start an evacuation? 30 min warning as well. Very generous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

6 wrote: »
      Shankill, Warrington, Enniskillen,Docklands,Harrods, All bombs that were PR disasters for Sinn Fein/IRA.

Many civilians and some children killed. I'd challenge anyone to excuse these.

Wait till you see, plenty will here. Baffling

1. Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Wait till you see, plenty will here. Baffling

Doubt it.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

6 wrote: »
        Doubt it.

Warrington bomb, two kids dead yet we have excuses on here.

2. Advertisement
      3. Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There were bomb warnings given. If you are targetting civilians why tell them that a bomb is going to go off?
        And yet on numerous occasions civilians died nonetheless.

I'll willingly agree that the IRA took greater care to limit civilian casualties than other belligerents in the Troubles, but if you plant and detonate a bomb and people die, you are responsible for their deaths. And notwithstanding the care they took, the IRA amassed a serious number of civilian deaths during the course of their campaign.

I'll come at this from a different perspective - are there any IRA acts that you think were simply unacceptable and can't be justified?

4. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

British establishment targets. For example, pubs were places where British Army personnel hung out. Completely different to Islamic terrorists who are indescrimate in their killings.

So pubs that may have some off duty soldiers having a pint with their wives or girlfriends among other innocent civilians were legitimate targets in your eyes.
        Do you know Tom Barry disagrees with you?

5. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I want to address this point separately because of the nature of the accusation.
        Leaving a bomb in a public place where innocent civilians can get hurt, but then abdicating all responsibility after the fact, because a warning may or may not have been given is an example of the cowardly way the PIRA conducted the war, and how modern SF/PIRA mythology is still trying to tell us lies and fake news., that the people killed by the PIRA and their brethren was not really their fault.

If a terrorist organisation plants a bomb in a civilian area, they are putting the lives of innocent people at risk. That is partly how Irish Republicans killed over 722 innocent civilians over the course of the troubles.

People are disgusted if some ISIS crackpot blows himself up at an Arianna Grande concert.

People are also disgusted if the PIRA plants a bomb in the middle of a busty market town like Warrington on a busy Saturday afternoon, or inside some pubs on a busy trading night.

That is the level we are talking about here, yet some people are so utterly brainwashed by the propaganda, they try to justify the murder of children.

I guarantee you, that the same people would never be making these justifications if they were using their real names and not hiding behind anonymous accounts. Why? Because then their friends, family and workmates would see them trying to justify the murder of children and be disgusted by it.
        Kinda like the PIRA actually, hiding behind masks.

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

markodaly wrote: »
        So pubs that may have some off duty soldiers having a pint with their wives or girlfriends among other innocent civilians were legitimate targets in your eyes.
        Do you know Tom Barry disagrees with you?

I actually missed the pubs bit

What happened if the army boys didn't go into the pub that night? just blow it up anyway

What about the bomb on Shankill Road, IRA knew the target was not in the shop yet still walked in with kids/women/men standing in the shop and blew them up. No warning given, nothing.

I suppose we will have some excuse on here

7. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I actually missed the pubs bit

What happened if the army boys didn't go into the pub that night? just blow it up anyway

What about the bomb on Shankill Road, IRA knew the target was not in the shop yet still walked in with kids/women/men standing in the shop and blew them up. No warning given, nothing.

I suppose we will have some excuse on here

We have it on record from one SF/PIRA apologist.

"Fighting for Ireland's freedom is NOT a crime"

That is the level of depravity most common and decent people have to argue against.

8. Advertisement
      9. Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

That is the level of depravity most common and decent people have to argue against.

I mean...surely yous must admit....state commerations for 1916,and the widespread support for such,kind of underpins the ethos of this?

10. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I mean...surely yous must admit....state commerations for 1916,and the widespread support for such,kind of underpins the ethos of this?

Perhaps this time you can answer the question, was the Omagh bomb a crime, or the murder of Lyra McKee?

11. Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Perhaps this time you can answer the question, was the Omagh bomb a crime, or the murder of Lyra McKee?

Considering i have answered these qs twice now,why answer again?

Is online bullying,at behest of ffg senators againest this family a crime??

Is online bullying by a senator annointed by ffg,againest lyra mckee a crime?

12. Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

What has FF and FG got to do with a SF/PIRA bomber thread?

13. Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

The same poster thinks that if there's no border poll then renewed terrorist attacks will be necessary.

Imagine actually openly supporting terrorism in 2021 without any shame.

14. Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

Yurt! wrote: »
        Find that quote from that user and post it. Go on.

It's quoted plenty and I don't have the stomach or time to read back through terrorist supporter quotes tbh. Read the thread.

Some highlights from this terrorist supporter are :

Fighting for Ireland is not a crime.
        I never said targeting civilians was unacceptable.
        IRA terrorists stood up and did what was necessary.
        The North being occupied was justification for terrorist attacks.
        The North is still occupied.
        When asked if he would support renewed terrorist activity given he considered the North occupied he responded "if there's a border poll it will be unnecessary".
        When asked what if there is no border poll he responded "if there's no democratic way then violence is the only option".

It's all printed in public in this thread. If a mod wants me to document it all I will. But I won't be taking directions from you.

And no amount of deflection to FG will change what's been said in this thread by terrorist sympathisers, apologists and supporters.

15. Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A bit like SF members getting visits for making social media posts

Bullying comes to mind

16. Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Gatling wrote: »
        A bit like SF members getting visits for making social media posts

Bullying comes to mind

And FG ones too.....

17. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What kind of stupid question is that?

If one makes a statement like, "Fighting for Ireland is not a crime" on a thread where a bomber blew himself up on a London bus (while injuring others) it warrants attention, to see where the line is drawn from the supporters of the PIRA.

18. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You haven't answered these questions at all. You keep diverting attention and victim blaming.

19. Advertisement
      20. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Scratchly wrote: »
        It's quoted plenty and I don't have the stomach or time to read back through terrorist supporter quotes tbh. Read the thread.

Some highlights from this terrorist supporter are :

Fighting for Ireland is not a crime.
        I never said targeting civilians was unacceptable.
        IRA terrorists stood up and did what was necessary.
        The North being occupied was justification for terrorist attacks.
        The North is still occupied.
        When asked if he would support renewed terrorist activity given he considered the North occupied he responded "if there's a border poll it will be unnecessary".
        When asked what if there is no border poll he responded "if there's no democratic way then violence is the only option".

It's all printed in public in this thread. If a mod wants me to document it all I will. But I won't be taking directions from you.

And no amount of deflection to FG will change what's been said in this thread by terrorist sympathisers, apologists and supporters.

That is a good summation of stuff that comes out of the mouth/keyboard of this poster.

I had a look, and I think a mod deleted some of the more outrageous stuff.

But here is a taste.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=116338762
        https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=116337198
        https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=116340875

21. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

For example, this post. The user went back to clean up his previous posts.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116345459&postcount=140

Everything Scratchly mentioned about what was posted is true.

22. Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Some amount of wannabe Mods about today :rolleyes:

People are allowed to have different opinions lads, you may truly despise those opinions but they're entitled to them.

23. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

grayzer75 wrote: »
        People are allowed to have different opinions lads, you may truly despise those opinions but they're entitled to them.

It is good that this opinion is aired to be honest as it shows the world what type of mentality is behind a lot of this guff online and that lives on the ground in Irish Republican circles.

It is not every day you encounter people who not only were in favour of targeting civilians (and killing them) in the UK with PIRA bombs but actively reject the GFA and would be in favour of more violence if dissident republicans don't get their way soon in regards a border poll and a UI.

An eye-opener for sure, but you are welcome to defend them. :pac:

24. Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

The PIRA member died when the bomb he was carrying on a London bus, blew up [...] unfortunately wounding several civilians, one of whom later died from complications[...] the civilian (who was a Dubliner)... died.

Wow, was such a blow for liberty ever struck as this one...

25. Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This probably goes against forum rules, but I don't care. You're lying through your teeth. Not a syllable on this thread would lead a reasonable person to conclude that from any poster.

Goebbels level posting.

Oh no, the levels of word gymnastics that goes on here when people are confronted with the PIRA bombing campaigns that have killed hundreds of innocent people is something else.

If fighting for Ireland is not a crime, and sure leaving a car bomb in the middle of a packed town is OK, so long as you give a 5-minute warning, sure it's all golden.

The high moral ground can always be reclaimed and anyone can justify anything for any cause.

Lyra McKee wasn't 'murdered' it was an accident, even though someone shot her, and sure it was the PSNI's fault anyway.

26. Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Oh no, the levels of word gymnastics that goes on here when people are confronted with the PIRA bombing campaigns that have killed hundreds of innocent people is something else.

If fighting for Ireland is not a crime, and sure leaving a car bomb in the middle of a packed town is OK, so long as you give a 5-minute warning, sure it's all golden.

The high moral ground can always be reclaimed and anyone can justify anything for any cause.

Lyra McKee wasn't 'murdered' it was an accident, even though someone shot her, and sure it was the PSNI's fault anyway.

Walking into a fish shop and setting off a bomb with no warning. Great success for the PIRA.

Then we get told on this thread they never targeted Civilians. Crazy stuff

27. Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Blueshirts done alot worse. There was a Good Friday Agreement, we agreed to move on.

People on both sides can be upset and remember there past, I havnt heard SF or anybody say they can't

What we do know is Sinn Féin have the under 40s on side and the establishment are ****ting it

Pure FF/FG tomfoolery to try score points off of the shinners. They'll make a dissident a senator and want to commemorate the RIC/Tans. We'd even one of them refer to the north as overseas. Seems to me they have personal issues about who they are or are using conflict to score points while ignoring the last decades since the GFA when it suits.

This particular thread shows them for what they are. They'll use the families of the dead pretending to care about the families when it's just to score political points. They will attack the family of the dead to try score political points. It's a lack of morals and complete hypocrisy. Shameful tactics off of FF/FG and their lap dogs the Greens.

28. Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Pure FF/FG tomfoolery to try score points off of the shinners. They'll make a dissident a senator and want to commemorate the RIC/Tans. We'd even one of them refer to the north as overseas. Seems to me they have personal issues about who they are or are using conflict to score points while ignoring the last decades since the GFA when it suits.

What has FF/FG got to do with a thread about a PIRA/SF bomber?
        I asked before but yet to get an answer.

29. Advertisement
      30. Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

grayzer75 wrote: »
        And FG ones too.....

They only call to unaffilated pensioners

Advertisement