Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein cancels bomber commemoration

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The commeration was organised by his family

Ffg and their supporters piled on sending abusive messages to the family,and it was called off....in place of introspection about behaviour of their support,ffg have decided someone,this is the fault of sinn fein,as they always do

really ?
    because the family members I know in gorey didn't organise anything and were extremely pissed at an embarrassing family death being exploited by henchman of ocg.

another embarrassment for sfira in a long line

up da ra eh :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Should drew harris resign then??

Given his work in covering up for the glennane gang,who done dublin/monahan bombing along with numourous others in the 26 counties

he should properly never been appointed imo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why lie?

Ffg regualrly (with some merit at times),complain on behaviour of opposition supporters online.....they need to answer qs about accusations this was orchastrated by members in north wexford /wicklow
    The commeration was organised by his family

Ffg and their supporters piled on sending abusive messages to the family,and it was called off....in place of introspection about behaviour of their support,ffg have decided someone,this is the fault of sinn fein,as they always do

" due to significant online abuse targeting the family,"

is what you linked to.

Where is the evidence that such abuse was linked to FF or FG? Just throwing out accusations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    " due to significant online abuse targeting the family,"

is what you linked to.

Where is the evidence that such abuse was linked to FF or FG? Just throwing out accusations?

*mod snip - less of this please - please post in a civil manner*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

markodaly wrote: »
    Then you will know that CAIN doesn't lump the British Security forces in with Loyalist Paramilitaries, as you do. Hence my point.

British Security forces.
    You were way more likely if a Catholic to be killed by Irish Republicans, than the BA. That is just a fact.

Interesting fact that

The IRA killed 1705 people, 375 of which were Catholics, of those 375 Catholics, 133 were members of the IRA, so we can safely discount you giving a **** about that 133.

Not so good on the British side though, 365 killed and over 300 of those were Catholics. dear oh dear. Their pals in the loyalist paramilitaries? 1705 killed. 735 of them Catholics. 1521 Catholics killed in total, 242 Catholic civilians killed by the Provos. Kind of obvious where the risk lay for Catholics and it wasnt the IRA

Thats the problem with those Ruth Dudley Edwards soundbites that you're so fond of, they don't hold up outside of a Sunday Times article

BTW seems as you're so big on sticking to the CAIN index categories, do you now accept that ex Security forces who were killed were not civilians? Because CAIN does not categorise them as such....

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Interesting fact that

The IRA killed 1705 people, 375 of which were Catholics, of those 375 Catholics, 133 were members of the IRA, so we can safely discount you giving a **** about that 133.

Not so good on the British side though, 365 killed and over 300 of those were Catholics. dear oh dear. Their pals in the loyalist paramilitaries? 1705 killed. 735 of them Catholics. 1521 Catholics killed in total, 242 Catholic civilians killed by the Provos. Kind of obvious where the risk lay for Catholics and it wasnt the IRA

Thats the problem with those Ruth Dudley Edwards soundbites that you're so fond of, they don't hold up outside of a Sunday Times article

BTW seems as you're so big on sticking to the CAIN index categories, do you now accept that ex Security forces who were killed were not civilians? Because CAIN does not categorise them as such....

They killed 103 of their own?

No wonder their own communities lived in fear of the PIRA.

Odhinn wrote: »
    He asked you

...your response?

I think you are mixing me up with another poster. I haven't seen any such question addressed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I think you are mixing me up with another poster. I haven't seen any such question addressed to me.

Apologies.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Apologies.

No problem, happens us all.

So yous can gaurantee 100% ffg members werent involved in this abuse,and say,if info was to come to light they were...you would call upon the government to resign??

No, sorry, that's not how this works. You made an accusation. You either have proof for that accusation or you withdraw it. It is literally impossible to prove a negative. But you're so sure that members of FF or FG WERE involved, so it should be easily proved, no?
    The bus,was not the target though....to my eyes,this isnt targeting civilains??

Carrying a bomb around in public and using public transport to move it around the city means you are targeting innocent people, whether you like it or not.
    I have answered the questions yous asked??

Just because i havnt said what you wanted/taught i did,is an issue,yous will have to come to terms with

You have not. I've been looking.

Tell you what, seeing as you're so confident. If you can link to a post where you have replied to answered my questions, I'll donate a tenner to the charity of your choosing. If you can't, then you've to donate a tenner to a charity of my choosing, how does that sound?
    Yous hurling abuse,when ive been nothing but polite,is entirely unnecessary and unpolite,why like???if you cant discuss without resorting to hurling abuse,what would that tell yous about your point of view??

I'm not hurling abuse at anybody. I'm saying that if anybody studiously ignore direct points and questions, while cherry-picking those arguments they have an answer for, all while continuously refusing to nail their colours to the mast, then they are a coward. You have done all of the above, so the tag fits.

You could prove me wrong by answering my questions, but we all know that ain't happening anytime soon.

• Advertisement

So yous can gaurantee 100% ffg members werent involved in this abuse,and say,if info was to come to light they were...you would call upon the government to resign??

Only one poster has suggested FF and FG members were involved, ask them to back up their information......

.........Oh.

If they/their support are found to been involved,should the government resign?

Should an gardai launch an investigation into this incident,or do we give online abuse a free pass?

We haven't seen a single piece of evidence to suggest there was any online abuse, just a statement by some SF person. So do you have anything to back up your accusation?

Fair enough,but in such a sceanrio,should the government realign?

What? Which scenario are you talking about? The one you invented out of thin air? The one you pulled out of your hole to make the government look bad and the shinners look better? That one?
    To my eyes its not anyway....targeting someone would be putting deliberate effort into killing/harming the......i dont feel this is a particularly bad viewpoint,as its supported by facts and logic

(Could be argued reckless,but its not targeting)

This idiot they're trying to commemorate carried a bomb on a bus full of commuters. It went off. He tergeted those people, whether or not you agree that he did it directly or indirectly, he did it. That is a fact.
    I have,your just bent out of shape,because yous not liking the answer?
    Have said numorous times about blocking democracy leads to violence,with many worldwide examples and a unity poll here would make it unnecessary

Donate tenner to the justice for craigavon 2 fund,the case around them is dangerous and appealing it has ffg support,

Excellent, so you've accepted the bet then? So, the link to where you answered those questions is..... where?

For the record, my questions had nothing to do with democracy and were purely related to planting bombs in public and the moral quandary (lol) around the ethics behind supporting those who do. Unlike your good self, I can provide a link (to the questions) if you want?
    Except i have answered the qs...but you are not happy with the answer for god knows,what reason

You haven't, though? If you did, you would provide a link. No link = no answers. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that you won't provide a link (because you can't) but you'll still welch on the bet.

Perhaps you could (polietly,with less insults) outline the taught process that leads you to believe the above isnt hurling abuse at people?

You're engaging in exactly the behaviour I outlined in that post. You've carefully edited it to remove the qualifier at the beginning of the sentence, in order to misconstrue the nature of what I was saying. Do you understand the difference?

It's like saying "anyone who kicks a dog is worse than a paedophile". You cannot turn around and say that I'm hurling abuse at you unless you've actually kicked a dog.

You've also still failed to answer the questions put to you multiple times. This is the work of a spineless coward. And I stand over my assertion that anyone who engages in such behaviour is exactly that.

I take it,that you wont call upon tbe government to resign,if its members/support have been involved

Will you call upon helen mcentee to get gaurds to launch investigation of this incident to rule out ffg members/support,including the youth wing membership?

Launch investigation of what? Present some evidence or get off the stage.

Or else you can answer an equally stupid question.

Hey, I just heard that Mary-Lou was involved in the Omagh bombing. Will you call on here to resign if she is shown to be involved?

I take it,that you wont call upon tbe government to resign,if its members/support have been involved

Will you call upon helen mcentee to get gaurds to launch investigation of this incident to rule out ffg members/support,including the youth wing membership?

Are you for real?

You want the government to resign because some of their supporters MAY HAVE abused a few Shinners online?

But the Shinners supporters who blow up buses of innocent civilians should be commemorated?

Have you taken leave of your senses?

Launch investigation of what? Present some evidence or get off the stage.

Or else you can answer an equally stupid question.

Hey, I just heard that Mary-Lou was involved in the Omagh bombing. Will you call on here to resign if she is shown to be involved?

No, he's saying that if some members OR SUPPORTERS of SF were involved then SF should resign from politics altogether. :pac:

Did you call on everyone in SF to resign when their members (not supporters) were caught hurling online abuse at others about 6 months ago?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-urged-to-tackle-culture-of-online-abuse-1.4331660

Or is it one rule for thee, and another for me?

Did you call on everyone in SF to resign when their members (not supporters) were caught hurling online abuse at others about 6 months ago?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-urged-to-tackle-culture-of-online-abuse-1.4331660

Or is it one rule for thee, and another for me?

Should they resign all their seats in the Dail as well as pulling out of the Executive in the North?

I mean, this has been proven with screengrabs.

Oh wait, if you are in Sinn Fein and are guilty of online abuse of others, you get rewarded by being made a candidate.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-fein-under-fire-over-choice-of-council-candidate-who-caused-twitter-rows-37635998.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Again with the "your heroes" rubbish. I have no love for anyone dumb enough to want to serve in any army. All my knuckle draggers wore Celtic jersies but mumbled the words to the national anthem.

If I missed a question of yours, I apologies. Please let me know which post an I'll reply.

i have yet to hear you admitting that people die in wars. you cant just accuse the IRA of that - every war, everywhere causes people to die. Its a simple fact.

If you admit to that then you'll see there's no point in you singling out unfortunate deaths to make yourself looking like you've something to contribute on a forum.

I'll over look your insinuation that Im a knuckle dragging celtic shirt wearing tattoo'd whatever the hell you were gibbering about. If you are going to say something, have the balls to say it rather than insinuate it.

I have answered above now, i must have missed em...

Except i have answered the question?

LOL, you missed the questions, but you still answered them? That's some Houdini level magic you've got going on.

You are now claiming that you have answered them in this most recent post, but they are nowhere near coherent answers to the questions being asked of you. So here we go, these are the three questions again, only this time I'll simplify them for you even further:

a) is it okay to plant a bomb in a public place?
    b) is it okay to plant a bomb in a public place IF you give a warning beforehand?
    c) anyone killed as a result of this bomb that YOU planted.... They are not your responsibility, because you issued the warning, is that correct?

• Advertisement

They should resign,ive no issue with this,if its found to be factual....what of it

Did you call for their resignation at the time, is the question that was asked of you. If you did, I commend you for it. If you did not, then why are you asking others to do exactly that now in a hypothetical scenario you made up about 3 hrs ago?

[quote="[Deleted User];116385224"Should the government resign,if there members/supporters were involved in this incident??

Will you join in calls for the gaurds to investigate[/quote]

Members..... yes.
    Supporters.....no

If everyone whose supporters made a stupid decision to abuse someone online had to fall on their sword, there wouldn't be a single politician or sports team left in the world.

And no, I will not join in calls for the guards to investigate made up situations in your imagination.

maccored wrote: »
    i have yet to hear you admitting that people die in wars. you cant just accuse the IRA of that - every war, everywhere causes people to die. Its a simple fact.

If you admit to that then you'll see there's no point in you singling out unfortunate deaths to make yourself looking like you've something to contribute on a forum.

I'll over look your insinuation that Im a knuckle dragging celtic shirt wearing tattoo'd whatever the hell you were gibbering about. If you are going to say something, have the balls to say it rather than insinuate it.

Of course people die in wars? But, Again, we aren't at war with Britain and haven't been for 100 years.

I wasn't making any insinuations about you either, I've no idea who you support. You told me who the mouth breathers were when you were growing up. I'm telling you who they were when I was growing up. Bit touchy, are we?

How was the reply not coherent??
    I felt it was both reasonable and balanced,and logic supports it?
    Because it didn't relate to the questions in any single way. It had nothing to do with the ethics of planting bombs.

Those are not questions,looks to me,yous are attempting to present really poorly taught out assertions as questions

I havnt planted any bomb,surely qs C is moot?

How can you plant a bomb,if you give warning beforehand? (Question B)

Bombs take place in all wars for question A

Jesus Christ. I'm done with this farce. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that you a) don't know what you are talking about and b) are using these mealy mouthed weasel words to dance around the fact that you are in support of terrorism as long as the terrorists are on your side. Which is exactly the reason I asked you and the other chap the questions in the first place.

[quote="[Deleted User];116385224"Will you now donate e10 to the aforementioned charity.[/quote]

No, because at the time the bet was placed you hadn't answered any of the questions. So you lost the bet. For the record you still haven't answered them but I like to see some good come from this crap, so I'll tell you what. I'll donate to yours, if you prove that you have donated to mine:

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/ways-to-give/donate

Except it did...... Nope, fraid not

So despite answering,each qs individually....your still not happy?....... You refused to answer two of them, and the third answer was a complete non-sequitur. That's not what any rational person would consider answering the questions.

Its quite clear to anyone reading,that i have amswered them.....but yet again yous are bent out of shape,because i didnt say what yous want?...........the bet was whether or not you could provide me with a link to the answers to the questions I asked. Your supposed answers have come in the past 15 minutes, while the bet was placed hours previously. At the time of making the bet, you had not answered the questions, therefore you lost. Is that easy enough for you to understand?

Tbf i honestly didnt think you were serious regarding them as "questions"......you must admit,its an easy mistake for anyone to make,given the standred of qsutions put forward

Welching on the bet.

Called it

This situation isnt made up....its cited as reason for cancelling this commeration.....the family receiving personal abuse?

If its investigated and they are lying about getting abuse online,they should be fined

Cool. Which members of Fine Gael ór Fianna Fáil Are the ones who were throwing abuse around? I mean, you do have proof that there were members of these parties throwing abuse, and you didn't just make it up in your head, right? So Where's the proof?

You could perhaps try and up.the stamdred of the questions asked for a more informative reply?

Here we go again, for the third time. Please try not to weasel out of it this time around.

Question 1 (a simple yes or no will suffice):

Do you find it acceptable for someone to set off a bomb in a public place?

Question 2 (another yes / no question):

Do you find it acceptable for that same someone to set off a bomb in a public place, if they warn the authorities about it first?

Question 3 (more of a free form answer this time around:

Do you think it's acceptable for the person in question 2 to turn around and say "well, I warned the authorities, so if anyone gets killed by my bomb then that's their fault for not acting on the warning and not my fault for setting off the bomb in the first place"?

So, no proof then? Cool.

Any sign of that tenner seeing as you admitted you didn't answer the questions? Or is that just as made up?

In war sutuation with warning for civilains,amd war was hoisted upon ireland through centuries of oppression,boiling over many times in our history (9 times since 1798).....has there been a war in last 100 uears,where there was no bomb?

If its in a war situation,with warnings,that person is.acting much more morally,than 99% of people who plant bombs in war situations

I think the fault lies equally between both sides

we all seen what happened in omagh,with the fcuk ups regarding Omagh

You still haven't actually answered the questions in a coherent manner. You're being deliberately vague, so let's explore your "answers"....
    1. We are not at war with Britain, and weren't in 1996, so this wasn't a war situation. So, therefore, unacceptable, yes?

2. Again, not a war situation. I'm intrigued as to the morality of it though. Does that mean that a rapist is acting much more morally if they warn their victim that they're going to be raped, than one who doesn't?

3. You are morally bankrupt if you think both sides are the same. The person who blew up the men, women and children are equally to blame as the people who tried to save them from being blown up? Do you genuinely believe that? Because that's the mindset of a sociopath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Question 3

Do you think it's acceptable for the person in question 2 to turn around and say "well, I warned the authorities, so if anyone gets killed by my bomb then that's their fault for not acting on the warning and not my fault for setting off the bomb in the first place"?
    I think the fault lies equally between both sides
    F**kin hell.

Advertisement