Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein cancels bomber commemoration

Options

Comments

I have answered qs?

You answered them after the bet was made. That doesn't count. Walk into paddy power in the morning there and tell them that you predicted the results of last weekend's matches, but didn't fill out the slip til today, see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭richardkeiths

Doesnt the poppy commemorate atrocities!?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Doesnt the poppy commemorate atrocities!?

The poppy is a symbol of rememberance rather than commemoration.

what are you,even on about here?

The bet was whether or not you had answered the questions.
    You said that you had, I said you had not.
    You then admitted that you had missed them, which means that you couldn't have answered them
    You have since answered them
    However, at the time the bet was made, you hadn't, because you'd missed them.
    So, you lost the bet.

Simples.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

blanch152 wrote: »
    The poppy is a symbol of rememberance rather than commemoration.

Does Remembering them include Bloody Sunday? Do they remember Aidan McEnispee?

• Advertisement

Ok??

What question was this,again?

Ehhhh, the ones you answered about 5 posts ago........are you OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Does Remembering them include Bloody Sunday? Do they remember Aidan McEnispee?

No it doesnt. It is remembrance of those who lost their lives in the service of their country's armed forces.

No it doesnt. It is remembrance of those who lost their lives in the service of their country's armed forces.

The same armed forces that murdered people in Ireland and many more countries?

The same nation who have done there best to hide what went on in N.Ireland?

The same armed forces that murdered people in Ireland and many more countries?

The same nation who have done there best to hide what went on in N.Ireland?

Yes the same forces. The Crown Forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, to be clear.

Although they didn't murder. They made occasional mistakes in NI, but that is part and parcel of a counter measure against terrorists hiding in plain sight amongst the wider population. No terrorists, no armed forces involvement. The IRA started it. Violence gets messy. No armed forces wants to be deployed in its own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Although they didn't murder. They made occasional mistakes in NI, but that is part and parcel of a counter measure against terrorists hiding in plain sight amongst the wider population. No terrorists, no armed forces involvement. The IRA started it. Violence gets messy. No armed forces wants to be deployed in its own country.

Omg I've never seen so much hore****e in one post.

The british army carried out multiple murders in the north e.g. the Bogside, Ballymurphy.

They colluded against the catholic population through the FRU with scum like the Glennane gang including multiple bombings in the ROI.

There was no need for the IRA if the catholic people weren't being burnt out of their houses and attacked because they protested for basic CIVIL RIGHTS in a gerrymandered loyalist state.

The amount revisionist blueshirt brit loving bull**** which gets spewed out here on a daily basis by Walter Mitty types is laughable - not a notion of what actually happened but their wee made up version.

• Advertisement

Yes the same forces. The Crown Forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, to be clear.

are you deliberately trying to wind people up with that nonsense.

You know nothing of N Irish politics if you believe the nationalists incited violence first.

They didnt murder!? So explain events like Bloody Sunday. Explain how they colluded with the UDA and pulled innocent Catholics off the street.

The British armed forces were deployed in Ireland to uphold their imperialism.

Lost their lives while committing terrorism in Northern Ireland for example or in the many other regions where they werent invited.

Michael Naan (31) and Andrew Murray (23) were killed in what became known as 'The Pitchfork Murders'. They were stabbed to death by members of a British army foot patrol near Newtownbutler.

Thats 1 example but yeh they never murdered anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Of course people die in wars? But, Again, we aren't at war with Britain and haven't been for 100 years.

I wasn't making any insinuations about you either, I've no idea who you support. You told me who the mouth breathers were when you were growing up. I'm telling you who they were when I was growing up. Bit touchy, are we?

what are you on about? there WAS a war. both insides involved say that. plus it was yourself talking about knuckle dragging whatever the hell it was, when replying to me. Go read your own posts. fed up replying to absolute hogwsh rather than touchy btw

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Omg
    There was no need for the IRA if the catholic people weren't being burnt out of their houses and attacked because they protested for basic CIVIL RIGHTS in a gerrymandered loyalist state.

There was no need. No different to anywhere else, the disadvantaged of society - understandably and quite rightly - seek someone to blame, and attack in some way for their situation. North Africans or Muslims in the banlieux in France, Pakistanis/Poles/TheEU in the UK, Mexican migrants into USA, American 'imperialists in Iran, illegal boat people in Italy, etc, etc.

The misfortune of NI was that it was able to latch on to an 800 years of nasty Brit invader narrative, and taking a line from the terrorists of 1916 and 1922, construct a motivation for a terrorist' 'war', even though it was just a violence frustration outlet for thugs in fancy dress and rhetoric. Leading to 30 years of death, injury, terrorism, economic decline, and a disrupted society. There was no legitimate justification for it.

There was no need. No different to anywhere else, the disadvantaged of society - understandably and quite rightly - seek someone to blame, and attack in some way for their situation. North Africans or Muslims in the banlieux in France, Pakistanis/Poles/TheEU in the UK, Mexican migrants into USA, American 'imperialists in Iran, illegal boat people in Italy, etc, etc.

The misfortune of NI was that it was able to latch on to an 800 years of nasty Brit invader narrative, and taking a line from the terrorists of 1916 and 1922, construct a motivation for a terrorist' 'war', even though it was just a violence frustration outlet for thugs in fancy dress and rhetoric. Leading to 30 years of death, injury, terrorism, economic decline, and a disrupted society. There was no legitimate justification for it.

Is this guy for real.

One section of the community barely had a vote.

Many companies would not hire a catholic.

The British army were the best recruiter for the IRA.

Theres only so much oppression a people will take.

Youre downplaying of how the nationalist community were terrorised is completely disrespectful to those who were murdered. I imagine you wouldnt say anything like this in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

This is what historian, Max Hastings, former Editor of the English Telegraph & Evening Standard (and Boris Johnson's boss) had to say about Northern Ireland (which he covered as a reporter in the 60s & 70s. The article is from last week when he talks about the break-up of the UK.

Until very recently, when made to stop by London, Ulster’s Protestant rulers governed their own 42% Catholic minority almost as harshly as U.S. white segregationists in the old South treated African Americans. Lord Brookeborough, a Protestant grandee who served as Ulster prime minister between 1943 and 1963, said without embarrassment that, while he knew fellow landowners who employed Catholics on their estates, he would never do so himself.
    In such attitudes and behavior lay the root of the Troubles, which erupted in the North in 1969, starting with protests against anti-Catholic discrimination, suppressed with Unionist force. Thereafter the Irish Republican Army was reborn, as a Catholic terrorist or freedom-fighters’ movement, according to your point of view.

Most of us English spectators of the Troubles deplored the IRA’s atrocities as much as we recoiled from institutionalized Protestant injustice. In August 1969, I witnessed Protestant police hosing down a Catholic block of flats in Belfast with a heavy machine-gun, killing a nine year-old boy. The next day, I heard Unionist ministers justifying police actions by pleading that they faced a Catholic uprising.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-02-14/u-k-breakup-good-for-ireland-bad-for-england-scotland-wales

NatterJack would have rode shotgun in an RUC land rover looking for innocent young Catholics to beat up and claimed assault because he bruised a knuckle.

low life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

i mean like,everything ive heard from talking to people living in north wexford has pointed me in the direction of the toxic young wing of one particular party

This is easily sorted,have the gaurds investigate it.....time to end online abuse imo

Sure,whats to stop people lauching all out abuse on families of covid victims to stop an rememberence for them next summer?

Or launch all out online attacks on those attending poppy day events?

We brought the gowl,who abused ian wright to court....but any suggestion to investigate abuse sent to this family is met with uneasy silemces and excuse after excuse....

.looks obvious to me,if you are family of killed ira member,your free target for abuse and every excuse imaginable is used to justify it

for the second time
    the family members I know and have known for years in gorey had nothing to do with the propaganda event and didn't receive anything apart from sympathy for a obnoxious party shill going on a solo run to exploit a dead idiot one last time ,

its disgusting really

your making sh1t up again blazz

maccored wrote: »
    what are you on about? there WAS a war. both insides involved say that. plus it was yourself talking about knuckle dragging whatever the hell it was, when replying to me. Go read your own posts. fed up replying to absolute hogwsh rather than touchy btw

surely you will agree that in a war the targeting and murdering innocent civilians by sfira is a war crime and those guilty should still in jail ,

same jail the ba war crimes offenders should be in

• Advertisement

It was organised by his father,was it not?

This is what papers are reporting?

any link , coz your the only one saying it

at end of a war,arent POWs released,as per geneva convention?

pows might be but war criminals are not

mynamejeff wrote: »
    surely you will agree that in a war the targeting and murdering innocent civilians by sfira is a war crime and those guilty should still in jail ,

same jail the ba war crimes offenders should be in

was it you on about this earlier and never answered me?

If thats what you think then you'll need to lock up a big chunk of the british army too. we know that never happens so why should one side only get locked up? you arent being incredibly biased are you? why I think you are!

can you point out where the father said he organised it because all that in them links is this

"Sinn Féin councillor Fionntán Ó Súilleabháin announced the cancellation of the online event, which was due to mark the 25th anniversary of Mr O’Brien’s death.

“The Edward O’Brien online commemoration, which was organised by Ed’s father Miley and supported by Sinn Féin, has been cancelled at the request of family, due to significant online abuse targeting the family,” he said."
    from the party mouthpiece

and this from the family

" After his death, Mr O’Brien’s family issued a statement through their solicitor condemning all paramilitary organisations.

It was understood that they had no knowledge of his involvement with the IRA, believing that he was working on a building site in the UK until gardaí called to their home to notify them of his death."

also using the party propaganda rag as a source isn't really acceptable now is it ?

was it you on about this earlier and never answered me?

If thats what you think then you'll need to lock up a big chunk of the british army too. we know that never happens so why should one side only get locked up? you arent being incredibly biased are you? why I think you are!

I answered you yesterday ,

war criminals from both sides should be locked up preferably in the same jail

you ignored me remember , same as you did with the other poster you harassed for an answer that he had already given you.
    straight out of the party play book

I don't know how you guy get away with it :pac::pac:

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I answered you yesterday ,

war criminals from both sides should be locked up preferably in the same jail

you ignored me remember , same as you did with the other poster you harassed for an answer that he had already given you.
    straight out of the party play book

I don't know how you guy get away with it :pac::pac:

but that isnt happening though on the british side. the GFA released teh prisioners you are talking about. the BA never had anyone locked up for their crimes. they were given medals.

Anyway - good to see you are on record now in admitting that the army (and obviously the ruc), security forces, the ira, loyalists etc etc are all the same.

Should stop you complaining about one side now we know that

I mean if your going to dismiss a pletora of evidence based on a whim and essentially call it fake news,there not much point in going much further

The family,could come out and say the father didnt organise it,to support your statement?.......isnt your quote 25 years old at this stage?

I.mean....like theres literally a picture of them at afters of a commeration?

Did they call for his image to be removed,from a advertisement in 1998 for an 200th commeration at vinegar hill,despite much political outcry??

If that sinn fein councellir is lying as regards his father involvement,he should publically apoligise and compensate the family imo

its the same thing you've been posting with out evidence for days , and then you post links with quotes from the creep trying to exploit the dead bombers family ? you posted no evidence

again third time ,

the family I know and have known them for years want nothing to do with your "party" and don't want to be exploited by it. its disgusting and doing nothing but causing the family unnecessary pain

the 25 year old quote is yours not mine and completely contradicts your position , :(:(:(

is it better that your 14 year old picture clearly taken in a pub ? not really

if you want the sfira councillor to publically apologise you can ask him to
    im just pointing out the exploitation for a family by a quasi criminal organisation

but that isnt happening though on the british side. the GFA released teh prisioners you are talking about. the BA never had anyone locked up for their crimes. they were given medals.

Anyway - good to see you are on record now in admitting that the army (and obviously the ruc), security forces, the ira, loyalists etc etc are all the same.

Should stop you complaining about one side now we know that

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/03/14/news/only-four-military-convictions-for-troubles-murders-1572088/

seems your wrong again :eek::eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/25/up-to-200-ex-soldiers-being-investigated-over-troubles-allegations

are the ba covered under the gfa ? I don't know , the excusing of war crimes is a massive mistake in the gfa imo ,

if your just going to make stuff up this is sort of pointless ,

So irish examiner,times,indo,south east radio are lying?

Im involved with no party?

My quote is from last week?

I have no reason to suspect he's lying,but if the family come out and say he was lying as regards father arranging commeration,il have no bother saying he should apoligise...

Kind of looks like.your trying to use emotions to skirt away from lack of evidence supporting your position?

ok last time , coz I hate to waste time on bots

can you post where in your links there is a quote or comment from the family rather than the politician showing they organised anything ?

that a clear opportunity for you to prove your point clearly so fire away ,
    given your party history don't take that literally

Mod: Banned, this time it's permanent

• Advertisement

And yet they wont bother their arse convicting soldier f,despite it being a mere formaility

All activities 1974 to 1998 are covered under gfa,no reason for lance coroporal dave,not to die in jail

an awful lot of sfira part members would still be in jail or have died in jail too,

rather than working for the party machine , running scams and "fund raising " operations,

a few less victims of their crimes too

wouldn't that be nice :)

think this is the 4th time I ve said criminals from both sides should have been punished , don't you agree

Advertisement