Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackditch Road, Ballyfermot

Options
  • 19-02-2021 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've lived around the red line the entire time I've been in Dublin (coming up on a decade) and while there has been the odd scrap or whatever, I've never had any issues.

I currently live in Inchicore and am looking to buy a little two-bed starter home. I've come across an alright-looking two bed on Blackditch Road and I'm wondering does anyone know much about it? It's about three km from where I am now so I know the commute into town would be grand and it is near to a bunch of useful amenities.

However, I did a Google search and now I have concerns about what it's actually like there. Anyone have any insight? Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Last year my husband and i bought a house near by, in landen road. Love the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Ballyfermot? And the part that's a stone's throw from Cherry Orchard, probably in the top three of worst places to live in Dublin. I'd have to be really desperate to live there. There's a really bad vibe off Ballyfermot, even the nicer end.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I was doing a bit of research on the area myself for same reasons, and from what I've been reading anywhere west of Kylemore Rd (or maybe Le Fanu Rd) is a bit too dodgy.

Funnily enough my mother is from Blackditch Rd, she hasn't lived there for 40 odd years now so things will have changed a bit. But I remember visiting my grandparents there as a kid and there being horses trotting up and down the road and left in the little green area. Pretty depressing. Again that was about 25ish years ago but from what I've read...

Advertisement