Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIP vs Loan letter Expiry

Options
  • 19-02-2021 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering does a letter of offer inc contract pack supersede the AIP expiry date whether through BoI direct or broker?

-Got AIP in early September
    -Letter of Offer inc contract pack to solicitor in November.

Does my 6 month expiry time restart once I get that letter....effectively saying May this yr is when it expire....

According to this response I believe it does but just looking to confirm

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057949100

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi guys,
    Just wondering does a letter of offer inc contract pack supersede the AIP expiry date whether through BoI direct or broker?

-Got AIP in early September
    -Letter of Offer inc contract pack to solicitor in November.

Does my 6 month expiry time restart once I get that letter....effectively saying May this yr is when it expire....

According to this response I believe it does but just looking to confirm

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057949100

Thank you in advance.
    Good afternoon VegetaIRL8e,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

That's exactly right! A fully underwritten AIP is valid for 6 months and the full offer letter is also valid for 6 months. Is an offer letter issues before the expiry of AIP, the 6 months starts again from the date of the offer letter.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

That's exactly right! A fully underwritten AIP is valid for 6 months and the full offer letter is also valid for 6 months. Is an offer letter issues before the expiry of AIP, the 6 months starts again from the date of the offer letter.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi Megan,
    You are a hero, thank you :)
    Saves me a lot of worry, stress and heartache as I wait for the last document to come though from sellers bank.
    Have a great weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

I hope this helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi Megan,
    You are a hero, thank you :)
    Saves me a lot of worry, stress and heartache as I wait for the last document to come though from sellers bank.
    Have a great weekend.
    You're most welcome, glad I could help today! I hope you have a lovely weekend too :)

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement