Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxglove Tree ( Paulownia tomentosa )

Options
  • 19-02-2021 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello All, anyone know where I can buy some of these. Have tried local garden centers to no avail. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Future Forests have them, but they show out of stock due to their system of only being on line for half an hour on Sunday evenings, so you have to be very quick. This is complicated by the fact that it is getting late in the season and they have had huge demand and probably supply issues, so they might in fact be out of stock. Its impossible to tell the difference.

It is quite likely that most places will be out of stock at this stage for the above reasons and the chances are you will just have to wait for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Doodlebugger

Hello Looksee, Thanks for the info. I have seen the future Forests site and that they are out of stock.

So, when is the season please?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Bedouin79

Hello Looksee, Thanks for the info. I have seen the future Forests site and that they are out of stock.

So, when is the season please?[/quote

The future forest website is offline comes online Sunday evenings. Everything shows out of stock until then. Failing that give them an email they’ve been excellent in sourcing trees and plants for me.

Great, thank you all very much for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

When I got a small foxglove tree from future forests when they had a stall at a plant fare it was a small one in a pot so you might be able to get one like this outside of the normal tree planting season.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I will see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I was considering getting one of these from a local place here in Galway - Doonwood - but I read about their invasive roots.

Has anyone had any experience of that issue?

Jeepers, I didn't realise this. Plenty of articles on line about it but will try to find specific info for Ireland.

https://invasivespeciesireland.com/wp-content/uploads/wp-post-to-pdf-enhanced-cache/1/amber-list-potential.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Ordered mine from papervaletrees.com. Delivered in about two days well packaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thud

I've been reading up about these, there are non invasive varieties available that don't sucker as much. the seeds are also unlikely germinate in our climate as the as they need high temperatures.
    There is a German variety called Nordmax21 which has been developed for carbon capture and biomass as they grow very quickly. Can't find any seller that will deliver here though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement