If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony XH90 TVs - None of the 3 sizes available show as having HDMI 2.1 on your Website

Options
  • 19-02-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A couple of quick questions please.

re. the Sony XH90 TVs - None of the 4 sizes available show as having HDMI 2.1 on your Website?

Can you please clarify this? If HDMI 2.1 is present or not on each model and if so on how many of the available HDMI ports.

- As a suggestion for general improvement of your Website, specifications on all TVs need a 2.1 column or heading added at this point IMO. Some TVs seems to have HDMI 2.0 - YES (HDMI 2.1) - Time to cut out the ambiguity here I'd suggest.

Though I suspect it may be to do with not wanting to list a world of TVs for sale with an X after this category.....(?)

The other thing I wanted to ask is if in your professional opinion games console owners need to worry about screen burn-in on the current generation of LG OLED TVs under normal day to day usage and if it is a concern whether there's and extended warranty, guarantee or some other measure that  Consumers can avail of here?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hi there,

A couple of quick questions please.

re. the Sony XH90 TVs - None of the 4 sizes available show as having HDMI 2.1 on your Website?

Can you please clarify this? If HDMI 2.1 is present or not on each model and if so on how many of the available HDMI ports.

- As a suggestion for general improvement of your Website, specifications on all TVs need a 2.1 column or heading added at this point IMO. Some TVs seems to have HDMI 2.0 - YES (HDMI 2.1) - Time to cut out the ambiguity here I'd suggest.

Though I suspect it may be to do with not wanting to list a world of TVs for sale with an X after this category.....(?)

The other thing I wanted to ask is if in your professional opinion games console owners need to worry about screen burn-in on the current generation of LG OLED TVs under normal day to day usage and if it is a concern whether there's and extended warranty, guarantee or some other measure that  Consumers can avail of here?

Thanks.
    Thanks for the post Mango Joe.

To answer your first question, the new Sony XH9005 is pending an update that will allow for HDMI2.1 speeds with VRR. I don't have a date for when that will be released yet (I use an LG OLED myself so haven't seen the update for myself). It does support eARC as standard but from what I can gather it is just pending the VRR update.

The LG OLEDs are amazing TVs and would be my first choice. I have one of the older B8 models myself but I haven't had any screen burn issues in the year and a half I've had it and I use it for daily use with a little bit of gaming as well. It's not something we can completely guarantee against though and screen bur is not covered under LGs warranty or under the 6 Year Guarantee on the TV, it would only cover parts and labour.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.