Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application from abroad

Options
  • 19-02-2021 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm Irish and currently based in Asia and would like to return to Ireland in the future.

I am interested in buying a house now that I could rent initially and move into later. I already have enough saved for a good deposit and have a decent income.

Would any Irish banks consider taking a mortgage application from abroad in a situation like this? It sounds like it could be terribly complicated...

Any pointers or insight are appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Worth speaking with KBC on this as I know they do.

Deposit for non-resident mortgages are 40%+.

Another point of note is that it is more difficult with non-euro denominated salaries. So expect a circa-20% loading on the current exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

We got approved for this exact purpose from abroad (different currency too) with AIB. Got approval in principle but never followed through for other reasons

Advertisement