Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 12 Apple Cases

Options
  • 19-02-2021 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

I got my case for my Pro Max 12 about 4 days after I took delivery of the phone. I’ve taken it off a few times, not many.. but it’s gone quite loose now. Anyone else have the same issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got my case for my Pro Max 12 about 4 days after I took delivery of the phone. I’ve taken it off a few times, not many.. but it’s gone quite loose now. Anyone else have the same issue?

Yeah I’m having a lot of issues with the Apple cases.

Popping off on the corners when it’s in your pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

No issues with the leather case on the 12 (standard non pro). Take it off very regularly for cleaning etc. Seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

No issues with the clear Apple MagSafe case on my 12 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

eeloe wrote: »
    Yeah I’m having a lot of issues with the Apple cases.

Popping off on the corners when it’s in your pocket?

Exactly that. My next-door neighbour is having the same issue.. I picked it up over the weekend and the phone fell out of the case..

I've been on to apple about it since before Christmas.

i originally got the california poppy one, i called up support and they replaced it with a saddle brown, same issue, then we went for the clear one, and it kind of "clicks" on the corners, it doesn't fit snugly at all, which is a major pain.

all of the cases have been replaced by Apple, FOC.

it's worth giving them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

maybe it's not the cases

maybe its the phones

Shrinkgate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I have the silicone and leather on the Pro Max and they both have the same issue. Silicone not as much but I think it’s because on the flat sides there’s very little for the case to grip onto. Using a supcase now which seems to come closer to the screen and haven’t had an issue yet.

I've been on to apple about it since before Christmas.

i originally got the california poppy one, i called up support and they replaced it with a saddle brown, same issue, then we went for the clear one, and it kind of "clicks" on the corners, it doesn't fit snugly at all, which is a major pain.

all of the cases have been replaced by Apple, FOC.

it's worth giving them a shout.

I’ll give that a go! Cheers!

I have the silicone and leather on the Pro Max and they both have the same issue. Silicone not as much but I think it’s because on the flat sides there’s very little for the case to grip onto. Using a supcase now which seems to come closer to the screen and haven’t had an issue yet.

I was thinking the same, they could have put a tiny lip on them like the bumps for the 4, but maybe since bezels have reduced so much that wouldn’t have worked. What’s the supcase you’re using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Just in case anyone's looking for alternatives, my wife has the Otterbox Aneu case on her 12 Pro Max, and it's rock solid. No issue with it slipping out at all (in fact, it takes an effort to remove the phone from it). It supports MagSafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I’ll give that a go! Cheers!

I was thinking the same, they could have put a tiny lip on them like the bumps for the 4, but maybe since bezels have reduced so much that wouldn’t have worked. What’s the supcase you’re using?

Unicorn beetle style.

SupCase Unicorn Beetle Style Series Case Designed for iPhone 12 Pro Max (2020 Release) 6.7 Inch, Premium Hybrid Protective Clear Case (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HVK4XN9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_0B4GX3AV7GX9XMHYKX8E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice and solid, well able to take a drop.

• Advertisement

Unicorn beetle style.

SupCase Unicorn Beetle Style Series Case Designed for iPhone 12 Pro Max (2020 Release) 6.7 Inch, Premium Hybrid Protective Clear Case (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HVK4XN9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_0B4GX3AV7GX9XMHYKX8E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice and solid, well able to take a drop.

Cheers Gustavo! Will take a look.

My problem is, i'm heavily invested in magsafe and need a magsafe case.

I have the Belkin car mount and the Belkin 3 in 1 magsafe charger, and i love using them...if i get a case that doesn't have magsafe i'm going to be caught.

The popping off of the cases is just something i've become use to over the last few months, some times it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Still annoying as **** tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

had posted this in the 12 pro max thread :
    ablelocks wrote: »
    in case it may be of help i got the following

case

i have it on a magsafe stand and it holds very well.

My problem is, i'm heavily invested in magsafe and need a magsafe case.

I have the Belkin car mount and the Belkin 3 in 1 magsafe charger, and i love using them...if i get a case that doesn't have magsafe i'm going to be caught.

The popping off of the cases is just something i've become use to over the last few months, some times it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Still annoying as **** tho.

Do you have a 12/Pro or Pro Max?

rizzee wrote: »
    Do you have a 12/Pro or Pro Max?

12 Pro Max!

12 Pro Max!

Ah damn. I'm selling my Blue Apple Leather one for the 12/Pro on Adverts was going to give you a shout if interested. I've just a skin on the phone now I like the bare feel, have insurance on it anyway and is compatable with my magsafe car holder. Can't ask for much more!!

Thanks for the thought..

Which skin are you using?

No problem!

Currently using a completely clear skin from Xtreme Skins. Had a brushed steel one on it for a while but I prefer the original blue colour. Was 3 skins for £9 delivered at the time.

Just to update,I received this today to try it out and it's excellent. Fits absolutely flush, no creaks and great clicky response from the buttons. Fits sturdy to the magsafe mount on car also and I have to say finger prints are almost nil after using it all day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MPSF12H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 days delivery from Prime and cost £11.32p. Risk free with the free returns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

rizzee wrote: »
    Ah damn. I'm selling my Blue Apple Leather one for the 12/Pro on Adverts was going to give you a shout if interested. I've just a skin on the phone now I like the bare feel, have insurance on it anyway and is compatable with my magsafe car holder. Can't ask for much more!!

Including postage to Dublin, how much would you be looking for?

• Advertisement

La Haine wrote: »
    Including postage to Dublin, how much would you be looking for?

€41.50 registered post, €35 collected. I'm also in the Citywest area tomorrow for work if suits.

https://www.adverts.ie/23049237

Thanks.

Advertisement