Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we living during the time of the First Seal of Revelation?

2»

Comments

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Could be connected? Curious what the religious perspective is on this.
    https://twitter.com/PostDisclosure/status/1393927278669746179?s=20

Catholics and the catholic church have long considered this... here is something relatively recent: https://catholicreview.org/vatican-astronomer-says-if-aliens-exist-they-may-not-need-redemption/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Actually it is if you are looking forward to it ending and actively trying to bring it about, because you believe that you and a chosen few are going somewhere special, when actually you wouldn't be due to those very hopes and actions.
    It's definitely shows an inability to enjoy life and all it brings, and money or materialism has nothing to do with that.

I think maybe you should go back and read Revelation again. You're assessment of how christians view "The end of days" is a bit misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

“A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matt 12:39

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    But about that day or hour NO ONE knows, NOT EVEN the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but ONLY the Father. " Matt 24:35-36

Certain people from EVERY generation from the apostles to now, believe they must be in the "end times"
    I'm sure some of those that lived though the persecutions in Rome, the bubonic plague, the Vikings, penal laws, famine, WWI, WW2, etc. etc. thought so too.

Overall, over time, as man evolves and improves society, the world is becoming a better place, not a worse one.
    Yes some things become temporally worse during man's progress . . it's not a straight line graph.

I'd rather be living now than compared to any other generation.
    We all live like kings compared to how anyone a few hundred years ago had to.

santana75 wrote: »
    I think maybe you should go back and read Revelation again. You're assessment of how christians view "The end of days" is a bit misinformed.

Not really, I actually took the time to discuss it with my cousin who is a Catholic priest.
    The consensus was that someone actively looking forward to the end of the world and trying to bring it around would indicate that the person has issues that they should reareally talk to someone about.

That's not to say that believing in God and living your life in a good way is anything that indicates a person has issues that they need to talk about, I certainly wouldn't make that claim or try to offended anyone by saying so.

But actively looking forward to the end of the world and actively trying to bring it about is just not something a healthy person regardless of any Christian or non Christian religious beliefs should want, and would have no need to, given that once they die, they will be entering heaven if they lived their life well.

Not really, I actually took the time to discuss it with my cousin who is a Catholic priest.
    The consensus was that someone actively looking forward to the end of the world and trying to bring it around would indicate that the person has issues that they should reareally talk to someone about.

That's not to say that believing in God and living your life in a good way is anything that indicates a person has issues that they need to talk about, I certainly wouldn't make that claim or try to offended anyone by saying so.

But actively looking forward to the end of the world and actively trying to bring it about is just not something a healthy person regardless of any Christian or non Christian religious beliefs should want, and would have no need to, given that once they die, they will be entering heaven if they lived their life well.

I don't think people are actively trying to bring it about, rather that they see happenings that are not of their own instigation as being signals that we are one step closer.

I don't think people are actively trying to bring it about, rather that they see happenings that are not of their own instigation as being signals that we are one step closer.

Well as you yourself said that the likes of the evangelicals in America support Israel, and were so enthusiastic about moving the US embassy, as they saw it as one step further toward the end of the world.

That's certainly trying to actively bring it about in my opinion, especially through the presence they have in the American republican party and in turn American policy in the region, resulting in the deaths of innocent people.

Now while the likes of the red heifier stunt may be something of a grift in terms of the crowd funding attempt, people who actively believe it and try to bring it about are also causing tensions in the region and again ultimately causing more the deaths of more innocent people.

I honestly can't see how anyone in good faith can't say that people like this are either evil or have mental health issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

I dont know a single Christian who is actively trying to bring about the end of the world. In revelation 21 it describes how the "New Jerusalem" will come about. God himself will be the light of the world, anything that causes sin will be done away with, all pain, sorrow, grief, disease, gone. To me this is something to look forward to. Its not so much the passing of the "Old world" that christians look forward to as it is the birth of a new one. And like with any birth there'll be labor pains beforehand.

santana75 wrote: »

I dont know a single Christian who is actively trying to bring about the end of the world. In revelation 21 it describes how the "New Jerusalem" will come about. God himself will be the light of the world, anything that causes sin will be done away with, all pain, sorrow, grief, disease, gone. To me this is something to look forward to. Its not so much the passing of the "Old world" that christians look forward to as it is the birth of a new one. And like with any birth there'll be labor pains beforehand.

I don't know a single hemophiliac , but that doesn't negate the fact that they exist.

As for a bright new world, on a spiritual plane it may be possible and it is already what awaits you when you die and not just in Christianity.

In reality when dealing with life it isn't, someone will start to disagree with someone's interpretation of what God wants and seek to destroy them for holding different beliefs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod:

Post deleted and warning given. harrylittle you have been warned about posting this kind of material, especially with no comment or discussion. Any more will result in a ban. Do not respond to this warning on thread, take any discussion to pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement