Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teething and eating?

Options
  • 20-02-2021 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Have you had a fussy eater? Is this normal to go months on tiny morsels? All I keep thinking about is that my little fella is not getting the right nutrients to develop compared to my ‘eat all around’ first born. I’ve bought a tonic for him for the time being......
    Is this a phase or something I should see about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

How old are they and what are they eating/ drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

He’s 16months, never been a huge eater but now with teething if I get 2 or 3 spoons/ bites in per meal I’m doing well.

He has a bottle with his morning nap and one at bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

They all go through food strikes from one onwards. My now 3 year old ate very little between 12 and 13 months. He also got 8 teeth that month. Toddlers also need a lot less calories than babies because they start growing at a much slower rate. The attachment below explains this. The Instagram account is from a dietician.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Molars often start to appear...I found about 17 months up to maybe 22 months really terrible for eating.None will starve though.The less fuss you make out of it the better, just keep serving up the healthy stuff and one day he will suddenly surprise you.It is quite normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My toddler has been teething on and off since he was six months old and often went through phases of not eating solid food during bad patches. If your child is drooling and putting everything in their mouth you can assume it more than likely is just teething.

However my child went over a week and kept eating less and less food each day. He was teething but I took him to the doctor and turned out he had a very sore throat which needed antibiotics. If your child goes over a week without eating I would see the doctor in case there is a throat or ear infection,

• Advertisement
Advertisement