Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mare Of Easttown | HBO *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Xander10 wrote: »
    7 as far as I. Aware in

Yep the end of 5 said 2 more episodes to go. Soooooo good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That last 10 mins was very Silence of the Lambs!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That last 10 mins was very Silence of the Lambs!

I thought the exact same thing. Also I know Mare's gun was taken off her when she was suspended but I could have sworn that she had a gun with her at the house. Gutted about Zabel, that kiss was brilliant, Mare looked so happy for a brief moment. Brilliant episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Salty Crew

That was superb tv.

I knew there was something about Zabel and that case he was to have solved.

Interesting to see how it plays out now and to
    know who really did kill Erin. Looking like the boyfriend again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

It was great TV and very enjoyable. My only gripe is how believable is it that Zabel would risk his career and the case, not to mention his life, questioning suspects in this way.
    They were working with solid evidence so why would he and Mare go off on a solo run.

Saying that it is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Thoroughly enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I thought the exact same thing. Also I know Mare's gun was taken off her when she was suspended but I could have sworn that she had a gun with her at the house. Gutted about Zabel, that kiss was brilliant, Mare looked so happy for a brief moment. Brilliant episode.

At the end? She instinctively reached for it but then remembered she doesn't have one and said "no gun".

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

Such a good episode! Incredible balance of high intensity drama, emotional backstories and a bit of comic relief. I laughed out loud at Mare and her mothers reaction in the car drive home after the wake.
    Mare's mother is an excellent character and superb acting.

Sandz066 wrote: »
    Such a good episode! Incredible balance of high intensity drama, emotional backstories and a bit of comic relief. I laughed out loud at Mare and her mothers reaction in the car drive home after the wake.
    Mare's mother is an excellent character and superb acting.

Mare choking on her food and then it cutting to her absolutely pissing herself in the car was fantastic. Think Winslet will be nailed on for the lead actress Emmy and Jean Smart probably going to be the frontrunner for the supporting role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

This is the best thing on TV since Chernobyl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I had recorded this on Sky at the 3am slot and the damn thing ended recording right at the point when she
    whacked yer man over the head
    . Noooooo!!!!
    I had to try and catch it again at 9pm.
    This is the only series in a long time, where I look forward to the next episode.

• Advertisement

MargeS wrote: »
    This is the only series in a long time, where I look forward to the next episode.

Same here. And it's nice to have to wait for the episodes to air instead of them all being available at once. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Best thing since Succession for me, HBO are a class apart from it comes to TV drama, it almost ruins other TV as everything is so poor compared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone else get mad True Detective vibes from those last ten minutes?

I still hope the killer is one of the people they've been hinting at throughout and making look dodgy as opposed to a total unknown, big plot twist, never see this coming. It also makes shows worse when they do that.

Salty Crew wrote: »
    Same here. And it's nice to have to wait for the episodes to air instead of them all being available at once. :)

It's made Mondays more bearable lol, I look forward to it all day and have a big glass of wine as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's made Mondays more bearable lol, I look forward to it all day and have a big glass of wine as well.

Meet your sister :D

I’d only love to binge all this show in one go but it’s kind of nice to have something to look forward to as well

That was such a good episode. I was freaking when she was trying to hide from him.

I just love knowing that it will all be wrapped up in just a couple of episodes and the arse won't be dragged out of it until it's ruined like most things. Mini series are brilliant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The pacing is great on this show too, it's not endless cliffhangers with the hope of keeping viewers holding on until the final episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Are we all agreed that
    the kidnapper probably isn't the killer of Erin - I think that's more misdirection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are we all agreed that
    the kidnapper probably isn't the killer of Erin - I think that's more misdirection

He definitely isn't. They're pointing the finger at the boyfriend now, but maybe that's misdirection. There's also the issue of the baby's dad, which now appears to be the man whose DNA-on-a-bottle Mate was eyeing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Really enjoying this and am surprised by how good Kate Winslet is.
    Good to see her in a tough female role.
    Isn't Easttown very grim?
    Brilliant episode, just watched it last night, shocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

He definitely isn't. They're pointing the finger at the boyfriend now, but maybe that's misdirection. There's also the issue of the baby's dad, which now appears to be the man whose DNA-on-a-bottle Mate was eyeing up.

He looks a bit like a weasel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Don't know his name but young Ryan's uncle who let Erin stay with him for a while was acting well dodgy when Mare was asking him about it.
    Think the actor is someone serious too.. Richard Rankin, he looked a bit like, out of Outlander?

Edit . Not Richard Rankin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Zabel :(

What an episode though.

Where was she getting the money she was saving for the op and what was written in the journal that wasn't burned...I still think something will come out about Frank even though I know he has an alibi, did he definitely get dropped straight home by his friend? Lots of twists to come no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Where was she getting the money she was saving for the op and what was written in the journal that wasn't burned...I still think something will come out about Frank even though I know he has an alibi, did he definitely get dropped straight home by his friend? Lots of twists to come no doubt.

Erin was on the sex workers website , it was said she never met up with anyone but that could be a lie.

Are we all agreed that

Of course, that's been apparent for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

shinny wrote: »
    Zabel :(

What an episode though.

Absolutely. Just brilliant TV. I was buzzing for some time after the episode ended. I just love Kate in this, she really is incredible.

Dylan took that money and put it in his pocket - maybe he gave it to her.

Maybe that's where he went that night.

I think he's going to have a redemption of sorts over the next 2 eps, and I think him binning off the red-haired girl was the start of it.

• Advertisement

I think they've managed to throw us a little after that episode, but surely something's going to point back to Guy Pearce's character.
    I'm betting he killed Erin.
    Why, I don't know!

Advertisement