Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mare Of Easttown | HBO *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

They're needed imo. The show would be too bleak without them tbh.
    Another thing is that they help an audience warm to Mare more easily, and that's needed as there's very little warmth about her (kinda like Sarah Lancashires character in Happy Valley).

There are shades of Broadchurch about it, in that all the obvious suspects are most likely red herrings, and it'll probably turn out to be someone that wasn't focused on at all.

I agree with the Broadchurch reference. I think I’ll get to the end, find out who it is and then want to re-watch to see what clues I missed. I’m usually pretty good at figuring out whodunnits so I like the quirkiness, can see how it would annoy some people in that why them disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only up to episode 4 but it is really terrific, enjoying the twists and turns and how the story is unfolding.
    I kinda guessed that was where the 5k random thing was going, we have not really seen much of those two characters, especially the drug addicts sister.
    I love the relationship between Mare and her mother, Jean Smart the actress who plays the mothers is terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

gmisk wrote: »
    Only up to episode 4 but it is really terrific, enjoying the twists and turns and how the story is unfolding.
    I love the relationship between Mare and her mother, Jean Smart the actress who plays the mothers is terrific.

Has some parallels with The Bay..

Holy....crap....episode 5!

As others said here
    it's clearly hinting at there being another person at least one involved...maybe the whole poker group...Frank her ex is a possible, but the most likely is clearly her best friends mate who left the beer. Kinda gutted about Zabel, Evan Peters played him really well
    Cracking show really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was looking forward to watching this..

.. but Gogglebox looks to have spoiled the best bits of the latest episode.

Ah well.. if weather is as bad as it appears tomorrow.. may play catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I didn’t realise that was Evan Peters! He looks so different. Wasn’t he in a relationship with Emma Roberts (Julia Roberts’ niece) a few years ago and she was arrested for assaulting him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Basq wrote: »

Ah man, watching Gogglebox is on you! Can't be doing that when there's shows you want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

The writer(s) really know how to end an episode!

Basq wrote: »

Errrr why didn't you turn it off or over when it came on?!?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Errrr why didn't you turn it off or over when it came on?!?
    Because it's not the end of the world if it's spoiled tbh!

4 episodes in now and enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great follow up episode to last weeks and sets up the series finale next so well.

Excellent episode 6, Kate Winslet's acting is first class, the storyline is gripping, and I'm loving the wait between episodes far better than the whole series being available in one drop.

Looking forward to next Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ah ffs, what a cliffhanger.
    So the gun is John's, not Billy's, I assume as Billy looked surprised to see it. Billy was covered in blood and confessed, but we only have that out of him from John. Then we have Dylan pulling the gun on Jess.

I think the key detail is the explanation of how the rifling was to the left in the older model Colt guns. I know nothing about guns, but I think John's one in the tackle box is older than the one Dylan pulled on Jess.

And WTF was in that photo!

Great show. Well written, gripping and terrifically acted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭nc6000

That was very good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Episode felt a bit flatter tonight after the brilliance of last week. Looking forward to next week's finale!

Excellent stuff!

I thought to myself midway through last week's episode
    what has been the point of Guy Pearce's character thinking his involvement may be thrown in outta left field.. seems unlikely now! If he manages to be, we riot!

Do we honestly think at this stage it's one of the
    Ross brothers - Billy too obvious surely (especially now with that photo?

Acting is top drawer all round - but Winslet and Smart are amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How many episodes in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

NIMAN wrote: »
    How many episodes in this?

Tonight was ep 6 of 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

cannot stand that guy pierce,horrible looking c*nt and actor.............................
    reason why ive not watched this....................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You should maybe get over that.

Great series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

bassy wrote: »
    cannot stand that guy pierce,horrible looking c*nt and actor.............................
    reason why ive not watched this....................................

He's actually a very decent actor. Unless you're a Neighbours purist or something, which wasn't his finest work no doubt.

In reality his character is just padding, to demonstrate the context of Mare's life.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    He's actually a very decent actor. Unless you're a Neighbours purist or something, which wasn't his finest work no doubt.

In reality his character is just padding, to demonstrate the context of Mare's life.

Or is he?

Episode felt a bit flatter tonight after the brilliance of last week. Looking forward to next week's finale!

No no.

This week was way more tense throughout. The intrigue of the Ross brothers and father and Lor was great entertainment. The way previously peripheral characters who we might have wondered about, like the drug addict, were resolved and left the focus on the principles in time for the finale.

Whats in the photo though?! I have some suspicions but I'll wait to see if it plays out the way I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bassy wrote: »
    horrible looking c*nt

Seriously? Maybe you'll watch it when you grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

“Was that a fart? Did you fart?”

“No I did not fart. It’s my new shoes. They make me sound like I’m fartin”

:pac:

Yeah but when she embraced her after she fell apart in the hallway after the visit to Mrs Zabel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn’t realise that was Evan Peters! He looks so different. Wasn’t he in a relationship with Emma Roberts (Julia Roberts’ niece) a few years ago and she was arrested for assaulting him?

Yes he also dated singer Halsey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I also enjoyed the middle finger out the window to the press :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Salty Crew

Ah ffs, what a cliffhanger.
    So the gun is John's, not Billy's, I assume as Billy looked surprised to see it. Billy was covered in blood and confessed, but we only have that out of him from John. Then we have Dylan pulling the gun on Jess.

I think the key detail is the explanation of how the rifling was to the left in the older model Colt guns. I know nothing about guns, but I think John's one in the tackle box is older than the one Dylan pulled on Jess.

And WTF was in that photo!

Great show. Well written, gripping and terrifically acted.

Older yes, but didn't they say it was a police issued gun? In which case I think it would be a bit smaller (.45 caliber) than the one in the tacklebox - which looked to like a Smith and Wesson (Dirty Harry's gun). Could be remembering it wrong of course! :)

Don't think I've been this interested in a show in a long time. It's great!

Advertisement