Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all Card from Bank of Ireland Car Insurance

Options
  • 20-02-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Check the small print - if not used within 12 MONTHS, an "inactive balance" fee applies which amounts to €1.45 monthly.

This is obviously the amount that it costs for their database to do nothing and not any kind of a claw back, at all, at all, God be good to their kind hearts and all their family and pets.

On the plus side, these cards appear to be useable online, unless there's a €30 "woo woo" fee.

The only hands I want in my pockets are my own !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whats the consumer issue exactly?

This applies to all one4all vouchers,
    They are crap terms and thats why people should avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Nothing new there. It's how they are and always have been. Just spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Cabaal wrote: »
    whats the consumer issue exactly?

This applies to all one4all vouchers,
    They are crap terms and thats why people should avoid them.

Didn't realise those terms applied to all one4all vouchers.

That makes it even worse !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Didn't realise those terms applied to all one4all vouchers.

That makes it even worse !

I get several of them a year. It's easy to spend them within a year (allowing for covid shop closures of course!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I get several of them a year. It's easy to spend them within a year (allowing for covid shop closures of course!).

I admit to taking note of the "valid until" date and thinking I had 4 years to spend it.

Didn't realise that although the card remains valid to that date (and beyond if replaced) the balance doesn't.

Personally, I think the wording is disingenuous - perhaps I should be more accepting of the situation ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement