Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will tourists be allowed to visit Ireland this summer if they've had their vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

gar32 wrote: »
    The vaccine does not prevent the infects spreading.

VG31 wrote: »
    This is completely untrue.

No it isn't. Sure your own post says next that

VG31 wrote: »
    Scientists involved in the vaccines stated before that they did not know if vaccines reduced transmission because there were no trials for this. Data now (unsurprisingly) shows that transmission is greatly reduced.

Reduced =/= prevented

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

No it isn't. Sure your own post says next that

Reduced =/= prevented

Anybody who is not confident can stay at home till they are vaccinated or until such time they feel personally confident to go out, the rest of us are happy to listen to science and live our lives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

American tourists definitely will, anyway. This government turns a blind eye when it comes to the USA, be it military planes or tourists. Look at last year, they came in their thousands up and down the country, nothing done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Exactly, who do they think they are!! The Vaccine isn't the end it's the start...! What we need is to close the Borders to those internationals for the next 3 years starting now!!!

Yeah and if you want to be even more hyperbolic say we should close them for 5 ,10 or 100 years.

Casati wrote: »
    Anybody who is not confident can stay at home till they are vaccinated or until such time they feel personally confident to go out, the rest of us are happy to listen to science and live our lives

It's not that difficult to understand. So it always amazes me that people cannot understand it.

If you are vaccinated, it is better than if you are not, but it does not mean that you will be welcomed anywhere else.

Vaccination protects you. It will (hopefully) stop you from having serious symptoms if you encounter the virus again.

If you already had covid, you will likely have some antibodies to protect against reinfection. Similar to vaccine.

How would you feel if someone that you had to deal with up close, refused to wear a mask and reasoned "but I had it last month so I don't need one. And anyway, as you can tell, I still have a cough from it and I don't like wearing the mask while coughing".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

why are there 2k passengers coming from Brazil in the last 28 days, is this legitimate or essential? I don't think so, and another 3.5k from high risk countries in the same time frame, dont know if the Indo picked up on it, 28 days later, its not a movie or a joke. Just block access from certain locations or from anyone coming from or through these places, the end. What's the point of everyone locking down if the Govt/State permits the above to continue? who is in on this? and benefits because it is a forking sick joke.

1874 wrote: »
    why are there 2k passengers coming from Brazil in the last 28 days, is this legitimate or essential? I don't think so, and another 3.5k from high risk countries in the same time frame, dont know if the Indo picked up on it, 28 days later, its not a movie or a joke. Just block access from certain locations or from anyone coming from or through these places, the end. What's the point of everyone locking down if the Govt/State permits the above to continue? who is in on this? and benefits because it is a forking sick joke.

Meat factory and farm workers. Doing the jobs most Irish people wont do. Thats why they are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Meat factory and farm workers. Doing the jobs most Irish people wont do. Thats why they are here.

This old tripe.if you'll pardon the pun

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

if vaccinated people can't come this summer on the basis they may bring variants of the disease does that mean they can't come in 2022 either or 2023\2024? Maybe 2025 is ok!

gw80 wrote: »

When is the last time you checked the ads for meat factory or farm work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

1874 wrote: »

No direct flights in from Brazil, so they ain't coming in on Ryanair... most likely coming in on charter flights to work in a certain "Good man's" meat processing plants...
    No one in FineFail or Fine Bailout are going to stand up to the owner, so expect flights to continue coming and going, and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No direct flights in from Brazil, so they ain't coming in on Ryanair... most likely coming in on charter flights to work in a certain "Good man's" meat processing plants...
    No one in FineFail or Fine Bailout are going to stand up to the owner, so expect flights to continue coming and going, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    They probably live here. There are over 13,000 Brazilians in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Not so sure if that post makes sense.

Are you not living your life, while listening to science?

gw80 wrote: »

Contradict me with facts please, not tired and baseless insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The beef barons still have the ear of the government. So the meat packers will continue to move about unhindered.

God knows about tourism, the state hasn't shown any stomach for defending Ireland from Covid variants coming in thus far so there's no reason to expect that to change.

if vaccinated people can't come this summer on the basis they may bring variants of the disease does that mean they can't come in 2022 either or 2023\2024? Maybe 2025 is ok!

Give it time will you. Vaccination is only starting. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

It's not that difficult to understand. So it always amazes me that people cannot understand it.

If you are vaccinated, it is better than if you are not, but it does not mean that you will be welcomed anywhere else.

Vaccination protects you. It will (hopefully) stop you from having serious symptoms if you encounter the virus again.

If you already had covid, you will likely have some antibodies to protect against reinfection. Similar to vaccine.

How would you feel if someone that you had to deal with up close, refused to wear a mask and reasoned "but I had it last month so I don't need one. And anyway, as you can tell, I still have a cough from it and I don't like wearing the mask while coughing".

Agreed those who had Covid will likely be immune in a similar fashion to those that are vaccinated and have much reduced chance of being able to transmit it to anybody else.

Some think vaccine passports are overkill - Ie once you vaccinate elderly and vulnerable then most people are happy to get on with living.

Those people that are not comfortable can lock themselves up for the rest of their lives but the rest of us will be getting back to normal either way

Agreed those who had Covid will likely be immune in a similar fashion to those that are vaccinated and have much reduced chance of being able to transmit it to anybody else.

Some think vaccine passports are overkill - Ie once you vaccinate elderly and vulnerable then most people are happy to get on with living.

Those people that are not comfortable can lock themselves up for the rest of their lives but the rest of us will be getting back to normal either way[/QUOTE]

Same nonsense in some variables is being posted since last march, by now you should know it's not workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

a lot of people will still get a ferry over to NI and drive down to the ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are coming in through Portugal primarily, the media needs to be asking how many Brazilian passport holders arrived here since Christmas, the figures would be mindblowing.

Once we have Group 7 vaccinated I don't really care how many tourists are arriving in.

• Advertisement

They are coming in through Portugal primarily, the media needs to be asking how many Brazilian passport holders arrived here since Christmas, the figures would be mindblowing.
    Once we have Group 7 vaccinated I don't really care how many tourists are arriving in.

Negative PCR's and 14 day Quarantine, plus flight suspension from Brazil to Portugal all in place, yet 2000 brazilians are arriving into Ireland.. something doesn't add up here...

Negative PCR's and 14 day Quarantine, plus flight suspension from Brazil to Portugal all in place, yet 2000 brazilians are arriving into Ireland.. something doesn't add up here...

For a starter close the border and monitor everyone who comes through the airport's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That they don't all fly in via Portugal? Long distance flights have prices to suit every pocket. From Brazilians I know London, Paris or Frankfurt are more likely choices on price.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    For a starter close the border and monitor everyone who comes through the airport's.

Isn't that pretty much the case now, Gardai all over the airports handing out massive fines and the threat of prison sentences?

is_that_so wrote: »
    That they don't all fly in via Portugal? Long distance flights have prices to suit every pocket. From Brazilians I know London, Paris or Frankfurt are more likely choices on price.

How are Brazilians circumventing the rules in all of these secondary arrival countries so, avoiding PCR tests and quarantines?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

How are Brazilians circumventing the rules in all of these secondary arrival countries so, avoiding PCR tests and quarantines?

Because there is no requirement to quarantine. The quarantine in hotels still hasn't been introduced. They are still talking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I think you'll find the Irish will do those jobs just not for the pittance the Brazilians are getting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Thread title said "Will Tourists"....

They can still carry the "Kent" Variant and should stay in the UK.

The UK, Kent variant is already here from irresponsible people coming to Ireland before Xmas.

The Brazilian P1 variant is also here due to 2,000 Brazilians returning in January after visiting their family in Brazil.

Isn't that pretty much the case now, Gardai all over the airports handing out massive fines and the threat of prison sentences?

And the border is still not closed.

• Advertisement

xhomelezz wrote: »
    And the border is still not closed.

Apart from the checkpoints lashing out the fines?

Advertisement