Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Read an article this morning that has since been disappeared that nphet want to keep the country in lockdown until waiting lists are down. Something like 600,000 people waiting on treatment for various issues.

What?

It's time to give them the boot and open up. This is beyond insanity.

Until waiting lists are recommenced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Y
    If you choose to live in separate countries then you choose to accept potential consequences of that. Even if you haven't cared enough to think about them

I read a lot of garbage on this thread every day but time and time again your posts tops the list, I dread coming on here and seeing you posting. Gives me a headache even glancing at the walls of garbage you post.

Are you serioiusly suggesting people should STFU moaning that they can't see their parents because they decided to live in a different county? I'm pretty sure a global pandemic wasn't in their thinking when they mortagaged a house in a different county. I honestly think you're winding up posters.

You were on here last night defending the passport stuff. "oh well TECHNICALLY it's not a constitutional right so it's ok". You blatently ignored the core issue but posted post after post trying to justify it on a technicality. Again, I believe you were on a wind up.

A lot of reasonable posters who I don't agree with on here but they make good points and post in a reasoned manner but you come on here spamming the thread and nitpicking at posts and bizzarely trying to pull personal information from posters.

I've no one on my ignore list, never have but you would be top of my list if there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Graham wrote: »
    I suspect you could be right. Like I said, too many stupid Bob's, everyone else will pay for it with longer restrictions.

why do you keep making up hypothetical people to be angry at? someone put up the data yesterday showing there's been no significant increase in traffic this lockdown yet you keep rambling on about your imaginary friend bob

Lundstram wrote: »
    I read a lot of garbage on this thread every day but time and time again your posts tops the list, I dread coming on here and seeing you posting. Gives me a headache even glancing at the walls of garbage you post.

Are you serioiusly suggesting people should STFU moaning that they can't see their parents because they decided to live in a different county? I'm pretty sure a global pandemic wasn't in their thinking when they mortagaged a house in a different county. I honestly think you're winding up posters.

You were on here last night defending the passport stuff. "oh well TECHNICALLY it's not a constitutional right so it's ok". You blatently ignored the core issue but posted post after post trying to justify it on a technicality. Again, I believe you were on a wind up.

A lot of reasonable posters who I don't agree with on here but they make good points and post in a reasoned manner but you come on here spamming the thread and nitpicking at posts and bizzarely trying to pull personal information from posters.

I've no one on my ignore list, never have but you would be top of my list if there was.

but lundstram everyone knows that people should take potential pandemics into consideration before they move abroad. i wouldn't bother responding to trumpy he picked his name very well to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

ypres5 wrote: »
    but lundstram everyone knows that people should take potential pandemics into consideration before they move abroad. i wouldn't bother responding to trumpy he picked his name very well to be fair

He actually thought the poster was saying county and still he blamed them. "you decided to live in a different county to your parents so it's your own fault". Deleted his post now.

Also, pretty much saying well why did you let your passport out of date, did you not predict Covid19 and take action beforehand?

Quite unbelievable levels of disagreeing for the sake of continuance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Given you posted your little rant more than 10 minutes after I corrected the post, something is a bit slow with your post.

What personal information am I pulling from posters? Are you referring to me asking whether a poster had ever even had a passport - as they clearly didn't seem to understand what it was? Is that it? Asking someone if they have a passport is confidential personal information

So many drama queen snowflakes on here. Everything is your "constitutional right" :pac:

He actually thought the poster was saying county and still he blamed them. "you decided to live in a different county to your parents so it's your own fault". Deleted his post now.

Also, pretty much saying well why did you let your passport out of date, didn't you not predict Covid19 and take action beforehand?

Quite unbelievable levels of disagreeing for the sake of continuance.

Lol. Arseways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Plenty of people didn't meet up for Christmas as it was obviously a bad idea despite being allowed due to the rising case numbers.

What's allowed and what's safe aren't necessarily the same thing.

You could also say whats not allowed and whats not safe are also not necessarily the same thing.

That sentence is painful but you get what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

End restrictions now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

the simple fact is people must stop listening to the donkeys who are running this country.
    nphet, hse, the politicians, public sector unions, the media are Not to be trusted.
    they are all players in the game - they for differing reasons do not want society to return to normal.
    they are not acting in good faith - do not listen to them because they are working in their own interests.
    everything they do is a play for power.
    they constantly move the goalposts - the key milestone goes from icu numbers to total cases and now because a vaccine is here long covid and mutations are the propagandas key talking points.

there currently are no justifications for any restrictions on anyone's lives - whether personal or on businesses
    we have the vaccine and we dont lock down every time we have a bad flu season.
    if you want to social distance and wear a mask then work away.

i encourage all people to open their minds and research the facts and look past the spin.
    why will the powers that be not release total deaths 2020 compared to 2019 - surely surely this could end all debates and quieten all doubters
    in the uk the powers to be state 2020 was 600,000 deaths and that was deadliest since spanish flu pandemic.
    but the 1980s in the UK regularly saw high 500,000 deaths per annum - 1985 saw 590,000 deaths. this is never mentioned by the powers that be.
    look past the spin and lies.

• Advertisement

Given you posted your little rant more than 10 minutes after I corrected the post, something is a bit slow with your post.

What personal information am I pulling from posters? Are you referring to me asking whether a poster had ever even had a passport - as they clearly didn't seem to understand what it was? Is that it? Asking someone if they have a passport is confidential personal information

So many drama queen snowflakes on here. Everything is your "constitutional right" :pac:

a passport is a constitutional right you sticking your fingers in your ears and calling people snowflakes isn't going to change that. if you think differently feel free to email citizens advice and let them know their website has an error on it

Well there would be only so much that you could do for someone who can't understand that being further away makes it more likely that you would encounter issues when trying to get home.

In some ways, it must be nice for some of these people who have never been out in the real world where things can go wrong and you just have to adapt and adjust. Always having mammy and daddy there in the background sorting out the issues oblivious to junior who thinks everything just happens. Most of us though thing through potential pros and cons before making decisions.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/devoted-irish-pilot-forced-go-23534561

try telling this lad and his co workers that the economy is going to bounce back just like that. there'll be nothing left by the time Micheal and his band of idiots are finished

a passport is a constitutional right you sticking your fingers in your ears and calling people snowflakes isn't going to change that. if you think differently feel free to email citizens advice and let them know their website has an error on it

Still waiting on the link to where it says it in the constitution that you are entitled to an immediate passport whenever you want it. Rather than some link to the citizens information that you were likely just unable to comprehend properly.

People can't just unilaterally decide that something is their constitutional right whenever it suits them

You clearly have never had a passport. And you just won't admit it. Which is pretty strange. What is the big deal?

Well there would be only so much that you could do for someone who can't understand that being further away makes it more likely that you would encounter issues when trying to get home.

In some ways, it must be nice for some of these people who have never been out in the real world where things can go wrong and you just have to adapt and adjust. Always having mammy and daddy there in the background sorting out the issues oblivious to junior who thinks everything just happens. Most of us though thing through potential pros and cons before making decisions.

who plans for a pandemic bringing international travel to a standstill ? also this snowflake and mammy and daddy rubbish does you no favours it only makes you come across as obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭JRant

So even though th Government are going for a long period of suppression while we roll the vaccines out you think this will happen afterwards? Why?

The best way to judge what they will do in the future is examine what they have done in the past.

Plus, we are looking at Oct timeframe before we get everyone a jab. That's providing the deliveries actually arrive in the quantities promised, something that has been sorely missing to date. It's not outrageous to suggest that the ultra conservative NPHET will want another month or two after all vaccinations are given.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

who plans for a pandemic bringing international travel to a standstill ? also this snowflake and mammy and daddy rubbish does you no favours it only makes you come across as obnoxious

A pandemic is not the only thing that hinder travel .................. Do you want me to list out other things?

To give you a simple concept, if you live far away, it takes more effort and more links in the chain to get back.

It shouldn't really be that difficult to understand as a general concept............if you go to live in a mining town in the outback in Australia and your uncle drops dead suddenly, you probably won't make it back in time for the funeral.

Still waiting on the link to where it says it in the constitution that you are entitled to an immediate passport whenever you want it. Rather than some link to the citizens information that you were likely just unable to comprehend properly.

You clearly have never had a passport. And you just won't admit it. Which is pretty strange. What is the big deal?

i quoted you the section from citizen's advice last night im not going looking for it again but it was written down in black and white so that even Donald Trump could comprehend it. also what makes you think ive never had a passport is that supposed to be some bizarre insult cause this is taking a bit of a weird turn

i quoted you the section from citizen's advice last night im not going looking for it again but it was written down in black and white so that even Donald Trump could comprehend it. also what makes you think ive never had a passport is that supposed to be some bizarre insult cause this is taking a bit of a weird turn

So you have had a passport? You filled out and submitted an application for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Boggles wrote: »
    Do you know what you can do with your facts?

The thread has decided we are not opening up again until everyone on a waiting list is cleared.

May 2027. Click and Collect.

I stand corrected, to be fair it does read like they want the lists cleared. Possibly is clarified behind the payroll.

Still, the fact that its very believable that NPHET would recommend keeping restrictions to clear all waiting lists for any illness, is a statement in itself.

• Advertisement

Neagra wrote: »
    the simple fact is people must stop listening to the donkeys who are running this country.
    nphet, hse, the politicians, public sector unions, the media are Not to be trusted.
    they are all players in the game - they for differing reasons do not want society to return to normal.
    they are not acting in good faith - do not listen to them because they are working in their own interests.
    everything they do is a play for power.
    they constantly move the goalposts - the key milestone goes from icu numbers to total cases and now because a vaccine is here long covid and mutations are the propagandas key talking points.

there currently are no justifications for any restrictions on anyone's lives - whether personal or on businesses
    we have the vaccine and we dont lock down every time we have a bad flu season.
    if you want to social distance and wear a mask then work away.

i encourage all people to open their minds and research the facts and look past the spin.
    why will the powers that be not release total deaths 2020 compared to 2019 - surely surely this could end all debates and quieten all doubters
    in the uk the powers to be state 2020 was 600,000 deaths and that was deadliest since spanish flu pandemic.
    but the 1980s in the UK regularly saw high 500,000 deaths per annum - 1985 saw 590,000 deaths. this is never mentioned by the powers that be.
    look past the spin and lies.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/02/uk-excess-death-toll-since-start-of-covid-pandemic-passes-100000

So you have had a passport? You filled out an application for one?

it's none of your business to be honest this is the second time youve asked someone about their passport and it's a bit creepy to ask a stranger that. didn't mammy teach you it's rude to pry Donnie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So where is the link that its a 'constitutional right'?

A pandemic is not the only thing that hinder travel .................. Do you want me to list out other things?

To give you a simple concept, if you live far away, it takes more effort and more links in the chain to get back.

It shouldn't really be that difficult to understand as a general concept............if you go to live in a mining town in the outback in Australia and your uncle drops dead suddenly, you probably won't make it back in time for the funeral.

so when was the last time international travel was shut down to this level for a year likely to be 2 by the time this is all over?

it's none of your business to be honest this is the second time youve asked someone about their passport and it's a bit creepy to ask a stranger that. didn't mammy teach you it's rude to pry Donnie?

Well you are here going on about constitutional rights to a passport whenever you demand it.

But you don't seem to understand what a passport actually is. So the obvious question was to ask whether you ever had one.

I would have assumed that most people would have had one. It's hardly asking you for the serial number to ask if you ever had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/devoted-irish-pilot-forced-go-23534561

try telling this lad and his co workers that the economy is going to bounce back just like that. there'll be nothing left by the time Micheal and his band of idiots are finished

This is scaremongering. We've come through recessions in the last decade. No one will say it's been easy, but I dont know anyone that wanted to work that has been out of work since then. Maybe there are some, but I have never heard of anyone. I don't know why people feel the need to exaggerate to the extreme to get a point across. You lose all credibility when this approach becomes the catch-cry time and time again.

so when was the last time international travel was shut down to this level for a year likely to be 2 by the time this is all over?

The last time a large section of travel was shut down suddenly and unexpectedly was the Icelandic volcano.

Depending on the region you are in, short term weather or local conflict can also inhibit your ability to travel

So where is the link that its a 'constitutional right'?

You have a right to move freely within the State. You also have a broader right to travel and to get a passport for the purpose of travelling.

From citizens info website there's this amazing resource called google you type the stuff you're looking for in and it pops up you don't need other people to do it for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

i have read that article previously - that does not answer any points i raised in my post bar proving the spin is real

• Advertisement

Well you are here going on about constitutional rights to a passport whenever you demand it.

But you don't seem to understand what a passport actually is. So the obvious question was to ask whether you ever had one.

I would have assumed that most people would have had one. It's hardly asking you for the serial number to ask if you ever had one.

it is a constitutional right I sent you the section last night. i think it's more about you being nosy than trying to debate me or maybe you might need a hand filling in the form to apply. pm me if you do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement