Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Lundstram wrote: »
    I'm still laughing the poster who suggested passport express invalidated this as a right.
    That's likely because you weren't able to understand his post.
    Healthcare treatment is a basic human right but half the country pays for private healthcare.
    ??? Relevance to the thread?
    Food is a basic human right. Some shop in Lidl, others shop in M&S. It's still a basic right.
    Ah sure, the constitutional laywers on here will tell you that article 40.4 allows you to shoplift whatever you want. Although again, not sure of the relevance.

I believe these posters hate people who travel, hate people having a few pints with friends, hate the social aspect of life. The restrictions have dragged the whole populace down to their social level and they feel better about themselves. They no longer feel like outcasts and don't want it to end anytime soon.

I feel sorry for the posters whose life is so mundane or lacking that all they have in it is that 19.99 flight to anywhere else to somewhere where nobody knows them. There is more to life man. You should explore more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Even if a passport is a constitutional right, is there anywhere that says you have to have it within a certain time frame?
    ypres5 wrote: »
    when did i say that you should get a passport immediately on demand? youre just talking pure nonsense

So we're in agreement all along?

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Just stop your embarrassing yourself

Lol.

Do you also pay for the "constitutional right"?

Bit silly of you no?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Any attempt at feigning sympathy was erased with your smug correction. But your already know that.

That "smug" response does no favours I'm afraid. Where were your own expressions of sympathy btw?

But God forbid anyone else would sympathise with the OP or maybe help a little by acknowledging that that type of misinformation being spread helps no one or maybe just maybe that might just help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Well you are on here about violation of your rights because passport workers are working from home and can't physically process passports temporarily.

And since when are constitutional rights only available to those who can afford to pay for them? Not very constitutional now is it?

like lundstram said above you have the right to buy food but not everyone can afford to shop in m&s, you have the right to buy property but not everyone can afford to live in foxrock. for the people who can't afford to do these things would you say their rights have been violated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

Lockdown needs to end ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

The coast along Clontarf today is probably the busiest I have ever seen it, including the height of summer. No sign of the rozzers anywhere. Didn’t feel much like January’s level 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

nj27 wrote: »
    The coast along Clontarf today is probably the busiest I have ever seen it, including the height of summer. No sign of the rozzers anywhere. Didn’t feel much like January’s level 5.

same everywhere...the people have decided enough is enough and will let common sense guide their decisions...great to see people out in the fresh air...i went for a nice run myself outside my 5k...

like lundstram said above you have the right to buy food but not everyone can afford to shop in m&s, you have the right to buy property but not everyone can afford to live in foxrock. for the people who can't afford to do these things would you say their rights have been violated?

I'll let you into a little secret. M&S and Aldi aren't mentioned in the constitution either.

Bu to get a passport you have to pay 80 Euro.

Do you not know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

First decent weekend day weather-wise in a while?

Outdoor activities are to be encouraged - don't understand why government havent copped that yet and been inventive in allowing certain activities to resume to give people hope

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So we're in agreement all along?

no because i never said people should get passports immediately on demand I took issue with the government halting the process with a few exceptions. anyway im tired of getting dragged into this pedantic nonsense and people trying to get personal info out of me so im dropping out of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

NPHET will appeal tomorrow for everyone to reduce their movements and all the media will report that. Hopefully that works.

And to get a passport you have to pay 80 Euro.

Do you not know that?

sorry donald im not ever going to tell you whether or not i have a passport because i don't enable nosiness on the internet. you'll just have to try and move on with your life

no because i never said people should get passports immediately on demand I took issue with the government halting the process with a few exceptions. anyway im tired of getting dragged into this pedantic nonsense and people trying to get personal info out of me so im dropping out of this one

Still can't figure out why you have to pay 80 Euro for a passport?

Sorry for asking such personal questions. I promise I wouldn't have stolen your identify if you had answered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just because they fupped it with a Christmas free-for-all for much of the population doesn't mean that nuanced low risk activities have to be banned. It's the binary nature of decision making that is frustrating for people.

sorry donald im not ever going to tell you whether or not i have a passport because i don't enable nosiness on the internet. you'll just have to try and move on with your life

I didn't ask you in that post if you had one.

I asked whether you knew that a person has to pay 80 Euro to receive one.

If you don't then that's ok. No biggie to admit it. No need to be embarrassed.

Just because they fupped it with a Christmas free-for-all for much of the population doesn't mean that nuanced low risk activities have to be banned. It's the binary nature of decision making that is frustrating for people.

The problem is that if you give an inch, people take a mile. And often the only way to stop that is unfortunately, not to give that inch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Bu to get a passport you have to pay 80 Euro.

Do you not know that?

It's €75.

Do you not know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Lovely day out there, great to see so many people out and about

I visited my parents in the next county, sat in the garden with them for a while. They needed it, I needed it.

Be safe and sensible, but vote with your feet.

It's €75.

Do you not know that?

poster above mentioned passport express which is 80

75/80. I mean it's the same to me.

a fiver might mean a lot to some people of course - possibly yourself- but that adds to my point. Why would people be being charged for something that is a constitutional right for them to be given it on demand?

I mean another poster claims to have knowledge of case law where this was challenged and decided. Only for the fact that the Law Library was closed, they would give us the evidence.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

poster above mentioned passport express which is 80

75/80. I mean it's the same to me.

a fiver might mean a lot to some people of course - possibly yourself- but that adds to my point. Why would people be being charged for something that is a constitutional right for them to be given it on demand?

100 if you want the passport card as well.....

Outdoor activities are to be encouraged - don't understand why government havent copped that yet and been inventive in allowing certain activities to resume to give people hope

People are allowed to exercise outside. People may meet even with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise. I've no idea why sone seem to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The problem is that if you give an inch, people take a mile. And often the only way to stop that is unfortunately, not to give that inch.

I disagree , if you chain someone down he will fight it and once free will run a mile .If you give people two inches and allow them use their intelligence the vast majority will take the two inches and stay safe and use their heads

People are allowed to exercise outside. People may even meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise. I've no idea why some seem to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

a fiver might mean a lot to some people of course - possibly yourself- but that adds to my point.

Lol

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I disagree , if you chain someone down he will fight it and once free will run a mile .If you give people two inches and allow them use their intelligence the vast majority will take the two inches and stay safe and use their heads

Ah here. No need to be so dramatic.

You're not being locked up in chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

It's €75.

Do you not know that?

€5 discount if you apply online :) Good to know!

growleaves wrote: »
    Lol

Any more on that case law reference?

Or an answer to the question of whether you would pay for a passport?

I'm liking your 40.4 quote. This deprivation of liberty craic also extends to travel within the country - no? Because I might start driving on the oul' green diesel. Can't have the state depriving citizens of their liberty to drive around the country by imposing high tax on fuel.

Will you represent me in the SC if I am stopped and sipped? Constitutional right to liberty your honour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

gozunda wrote: »
    People are allowed to exercise outside. People may meet even with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise. I've no idea why sone seem to think otherwise.

It's the usual exaggeration to make the point. We are all locked inside, can't exercise or talk to anyone and the country will never recover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

article in RTE about licencing laws being changed for extended opening hours for nightclubs and increased sunday opening hours for pubs after the pandemic....im sure all the boarded up premises are licking their lips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement