Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

fullstop wrote: »
    They were all down in blackrock checking peoples addresses on google maps to make sure they were within 5k and making sure nobody used the public seating for some reason.

is that the guards? meanwhile north dublin is turning into the set of mad max. the very definition of fiddling while rome burns

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RobitTV wrote: »
    No. And to be fair, you know better then that. I think you are reasonable when it comes to debating this subject. You know I never suggested that.

I just want to clear up what I meant. People are now out and about on a much more significant scale since the weather has improved. I don't think the current NPHET messaging of 'stay at home' is going to as effective moving forward into the spring and summer period. This messaging from NPHET and the government will continue to bounce off younger people in particular.

I was only observing what I witnessed today. Today is the first day I saw crowds on a much more significant scale since the weather and the dark nights are improving.

Jaysus so you're now politely explaining "what you meant" after flipping out and diving over the fuming cliff when I made a tongue in cheek comment in reply to the same comment.

It still sounds like you're suggesting there's going to be some rising up of the people hence "uprising" as I detailed. I reckon that's more likley engaging in whats called confirmation bias. Of course more people will get out to exercise when the weather improves. But no that doesn't mean that people are not going to observe basic social distancing in the majority of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

ypres5 wrote: »
    catherine should just shut up and be grateful she's gotten her vaccine. the entire planet came to a standstill to keep the likes of her safe while the rest of us are waiting for months to get our shot. but whatever if playing the school snitch on someone cycling down some boreen makes her feel good about herself who am i to judge

Maybe you should be grateful for frontline workers like her who are having to work even harder because of petty arseholes throw tantrums and don't have enough respect for others to follow simple guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

is that the guards? meanwhile north dublin is turning into the set of mad max. the very definition of fiddling while rome burns
    Yeah....north Dublin... is exactly like Mad Max......I just saw a truck drive past with a guy playing a guitar with flames shooting out....

Hyperbolic nonsense....Christ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What do you mean about North Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Maybe you should be grateful for frontline workers like her who are having to work even harder because of petty arseholes throw tantrums and don't have enough respect for others to follow simple guidelines

Thank you for doing the job you voluntarily signed up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

catherine should just shut up and be grateful she's gotten her vaccine. the entire planet came to a standstill to keep the likes of her safe while the rest of us are waiting for months to get our shot. but whatever if playing the school snitch on someone cycling down some boreen makes her feel good about herself who am i to judge

She's a front line worker .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Is that quote real?

Unfortunately it is. She went up and down the queue asking people addresses and checking them on google maps on her phone as well.
    Guards don’t drink coffee of course.

I'm not anti-vax. I reckon its one of those things that adults need to decide for themselves whether or not they want to take the vaccine.
    But to say the vaccines wont work is dangerous without data to back it up.
    Fair enough if he is privy to this info, share by all means and lets get on with life with or without the vaccine but this state of limbo is no intolerable.

No not saying you are at all.. Its your man interview you were talking about. He sounds totally off the wall tbh

Juwwi wrote: »

sorry i didn't look into the personal life of a randomer on Twitter. I'll have a 2000 page essay on her entire life on your desk tomorrow morning. still makes her a sad case for reporting someone for cycling on an empty country road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Aye some lad going for a cycle in the back of beyond is the reason frontline workers have to work harder. Not the people coming in from abroad. Break the 5km by a few thousand kilometres and that's grand sure.

sorry i didn't look into the personal life of a randomer on Twitter. I'll have a 2000 page essay on her entire life on your desk tomorrow morning. still makes her a sad case for reporting someone for cycling on an empty country road

Well you noticed enough to agree with (or at least thank) the sneery comment from this fella

What a twitter handle!Embarassing. Thankfully any comments underneath are tearing her apart

It's there beside her name that she got her second vaccine shot already.

Are you not aware of the vaccine? Only front line workers (and old age people) are getting it. You hardly need a 2000 page essay to reach that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

So your slagging off the woman online who you say yourself is a randomer on twitter "claiming the world came to a standstill for her "

And then you have the cheek to call her a "sad case "

Pot Kettle Black springs to mind

Its a bit soul destroying to see Israel opening shops, gyms, swimming pools and hospitality and here we have NEPHET saying that we can LOOK FORWARD to the possibility of them looking at the possible mixing of some households "down the line"....possibly by early summer.
    June is early summer. JUNE.

Scraps from the table aren't quite good enough

To be fair kittens - we're not really in the same position as Israel at present.

Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. More than 49% of people have received at least one dose .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56143126

Have you link to the above Nphet stuff btw?

Aye some lad going for a cycle in the back of beyond is the reason frontline workers have to work harder. Not the people coming in from abroad. Break the 5km by a few thousand kilometres and that's grand sure.

Tell that to the other posters on here that think travel doesn't spread it. There are plenty of them on here.

I'll let you in on a little secret though - it is actually physically possible to have restrictions against both. It isn't an either/or.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

5km restriction
    5km radius
    circumference of a circle 2* pie * r = 2 * 3.14 * 5 = 31.4 km

therefore you can travel 31.4 km from your home and not have broken any restrictions.
    please pass this on.

So your slagging off the woman online who you say yourself is a randomer on twitter "claiming the world came to a standstill for her "

And then you have the cheek to call her a "sad case "

Pot Kettle Black springs to mind

I didn't slag her off i pointed out her behaviour is petty and ridiculous. the guy merely cycled down an empty road in the backarse of nowhere.
    he didn't attend an orgy or a mosh pit or something. fair enough he was obnoxious on his Twitter post but reporting him to the guards on Twitter is sad i don't give a **** if she's an essential worker or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Tell that to the other posters on here that think travel doesn't spread it. There are plenty of them on here.

I'll let you in on a little secret though - it is actually physically possible to have restrictions against both. It isn't an either/or.

I'm not too worried about what those posters think to be honest. I'm not one for getting rid of restrictions altogether, I'd just like to see them eased a bit.

You can of course have restrictions against both. The difference is that tighter control on travel from abroad would actually do something.

I'm not too worried about what those posters think to be honest. I'm not one for getting rid of restrictions altogether, I'd just like to see them eased a bit.

You can of course have restrictions against both. The difference is that tighter control on travel from abroad would actually do something.

I'm in favour of restrictions being enforced.

But I don't think that an opinion that enforcement on one might be lax should be a licence to ignore others.

Then you have no restrictions - "Why should I not meet up with the lads for beers - sure Jimmy went to Spain last week". "Why should I not have a BBQ for my birthday - sure Johnny met his buddies for beers" ... etc etc.

If your man wants to be a rebel in his head and go 5.1km from his house, let him do it if he wants. If he advertises it to encourage others to break restrictions then he should rightly be called out for being an arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

gozunda wrote: »
    No not saying you are at all.. Its your man interview you were talking about. He sounds totally off the wall tbh

I would just love clarification from McConkey as to why he said this tbh.
    I mean, if he genuinely believes the vaccine wont work fair enough. Tell us. Tell us why.
    I'll be honest, from the soundings coming from Leo and others I'm starting to feel that there may be an element of truth in it....but I need clarification.
    SOLID. SOUND. CONCISE.

I'm fed up of wishy washy from MM and LV, absolutely fed up to the back teeth. Its putting people over the edge. Peoples savings are almost gone, livelihoods destroyed and may never return. Its not small beans anymore.
    And thats without the emotional cost.
    The majority cant be expected to endure the "possibly"...the "maybe"... the "could be"....any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Jaysus so you're now politely explaining "what you meant" after flipping out and diving over the fuming cliff when I made a tongue in cheek comment in reply to the same comment.

It still sounds like you're suggesting there's going to be some rising up of the people hence "uprising" as I detailed. I reckon that's more likley engaging in whats called confirmation bias. Of course more people will get out to exercise when the weather improves. But no that doesn't mean that people are not going to observe basic social distancing in the majority of cases.

When and where did I flip out exactly? :pac: I mean this is getting really bizarre now. You say these things but then fail to back it up with evidence - You now have resort to saying I 'flipped out' to make some sort of a dig at me for responding to your level of disinformation :confused: if you told the truth then we could have a really civilized debate and get on well.

In all honesty, Penfailed does not twist the truth or misrepresent what people say. You could learn a powerful lesson from him.

I don't understand why you make up stuff. And you don't even deny it which is the rather worrying bit....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Neagra

if you want to go outside the 5km restriction then always have your excuse ready before you leave.
    - shopping, pharmacy, vulnerable family member, graveyard, assisting family member who is a farmer,
    always keep the excuse simple but easily believable.
    for example my neighbour regularly goes hill walking 20km away from his home - he brings a dog leash but no dog and a story about a friend who spotted a black lab running wild up there. looked like his missing dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

So what? Being a frontline worker gives her immunity from criticism?

A quick read of her bio and a few recent tweets gives a good indication of what kind of woman she is.

I'm surprised she doesn't have a pic up of herself after a 70 hour shift complete with marks from mask wearing for added drama.

A proper virtue signalling Karen.

Lundstram wrote: »
    So what? Being a frontline worker gives her immunity from criticism?

A quick read of her bio and a few recent tweets gives a good indication of what kind of middle aged women she is.

A proper virtue signalling Karen.

You come across as a very bitter and sad little person. Attacking a private individual like that.

Feel free to post your own twitter on here with your own name so that people on here can have a look through it.

Edit. I notice you ninja edited out the "middle-aged" and replaced it with some other guff. Still, that was your automatic response and gut instinct so that gives us a better indication of who you are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Neagra wrote: »
    5km restriction
    5km radius
    circumference of a circle 2* pie * r = 2 * 3.14 * 5 = 31.4 km

therefore you can travel 31.4 km from your home and not have broken any restrictions.
    please pass this on.

Hate to be that guy, but...

5km from your home describes 31.4 km^2 area you're allowed to move around in.
    Within that area you can travel as many kilometres as you like.
    But you can still only travel 5km from your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

To be fair kittens - we're not really in the same position as Israel at present.

Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. More than 49% of people have received at least one dose .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56143126

Have you link to the above Nphet stuff btw?

It was on the 6.1 news :D:o

I wasn't watching it by choice as I aired my feelings on our national broadcaster
    earlier but the OH puts it on to torture me and he's taken to blaring it so I cant avoid it (I reckon he's checking my blood pressure levels :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Feel free to post your own twitter on here with your own name so that people on here can have a look through it.

Calls me bitter and sad.

Then gives out to me for attacking a "private individual".

Ironic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You come across as a very bitter and sad little person. Attacking a private individual like that.

Edit. I notice you ninja edited out the "middle-aged" and replaced it with some other guff. Still, that was your automatic response and gut instinct so that gives us a better indication of who you are

Mod:

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnboy1298

I happened to be in the North today and without the travel restriction it feels so different. People out and about hiking, cycling, fishing, visiting nice places for a walk etc.

It's far from normal life but the difference to what we have here with our 5k rule and people curtain twitching over anyone leaving their house was noticeable. It'd make a huge difference to a lot of people if the government could even move to county only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You can add all the :pac: you like - it doesn't change you going around referring to other posters as " borderline" trolls.

"In all honesty" that's just you throwing personal abuse at those you don't agree with. And all because you were previously called out on a number of comment's pushing bull**** headlines and :confused: misinformation

Just because those comments were shown to be complete bs does not mean that other posters don't "engage with the truth or misrepresent what (you) say." You could learn a powerful lesson from that but that's doubtful tbf.

You're probably right in one regard though - It's a pretty "a hopeless situation" with you now pretending you didn't flip out :rolleyes:
    RobitTV wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here for everyone to read.

Swearing, angry, confrontational :pac: And I am flipping out...

Mod:

Both of you take 24 hours away from the thread and quit the petty squabbling when you return or next time it will be permanent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement