Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

323 wrote: »
    Tis all about "the numbers", the cases, bugger all to do with people actually being ill. All common sense seems to have gone out the window.

Really do hope your right about a backlash, but:

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ― Mark Twain

Doubt he could have envisaged the scale of this one.

It’s easier to convince people a quote is attributable to Mark Twain to give it some gravitas, that to acknowledge we don’t actually know where it came from

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Lundstram wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/onthewaycafeIRL/status/1363454230997180417

But it's all going to be ok because a few posters on here said they were just "temporarily unemployed".

One cafe closes (as unfortunate as it is) and you think everyone on PUP is going to be unemployed after this?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

But it's all going to be ok because a few posters on here said they were just "temporarily unemployed".

Businesses never closed pre-covid is it?

Whats the life expectancy of a cafe anyway? Did it have any underlying conditions pre-Covid? How healthy were its accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cant imagine the cafe will get much support for blaming those responsible for the closure.

https://twitter.com/onthewaycafeIRL/status/1344369157584916480

At least we all know that the regular people here follow the ru.....oh wait they are the ones who think the rules dont apply to them. Now pretending to care about business.

They’re right though and businesses need to say it a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealed-tds-in-line-for-pay-rise-to-push-their-wages-back-over-100000-40116383.html

I'm sure the TDs will do a whip around with their new salaries. Help out the needy.

They really are vile creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

https://twitter.com/gabrielscally/status/1363581099394420736?s=21

Gabriel Scally out criticising the plan re extended opening hours or bars and nightclubs post Covid. I’d read the news getting reassurance that someone in cabinet had an idea to plan for life beyond Covid.
    I don’t understand why the media give by such airtime here.

It also demonstrates the broader motivation for lock downs by the public health doctors. They see a bigger picture... quite scary to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

ingo1984 wrote: »
    I gave up following the numbers when I found out they only included cases identified at HSE test centres and did not include the cases identified at the multiple privately run test centres dotted around the country. Figured then that only god knew what the daily number was.

All positive test results are required to be submitted to the HSE. Doesn't matter if it's a private facility or not.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,450 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've checked in this thread pretty much every day and it is interesting to note the change in tone and content.

At the height of the numbers, there appeared to be a lot of very concerned people, much wringing of hands and what appeared to be When the number dropped, the tone seemed to lean towards more uplifting of restrictions.

The numbers are down at the moment, and so we are on the second part.

PS - Personally, I've no problems with a protest. But I would wager that if there are little or no masks, the general public sentiment will not be with the protesters

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A new cafe will take their place when the pandemic is over. It’s a cafe, it’s a low barrier to entry business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A new cafe will take their place when the pandemic is over. It’s a cafe, it’s a low barrier to entry business.

:rolleyes:

'I'm all right Jack - Fcuk people who've lost their business'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

gmisk wrote: »
    How predictable....we are not Hungary....they have approved it for "emergency use".

I can give you the answer...none.

All our covid vaccine have an EUA (emergency use order) order - UK too.
    None are actually approved as per the normal path

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

The last thread moved so quickly in the past couple of hours so I don’t know if it was mentioned, but they have stopped processing passport renewals! The most basic right any citizen has is no longer available!!

This is outrageous, is there anywhere anyone can actually ‘appeal’ this? My neighbour now directly affected by this. Being able to apply doesn’t mean they are processing by the way as they have just found out

C__MC wrote: »
    What happened to the county by county approach ?
    Surely this could be implemented again

Too much hassle with it for them, they won’t bother

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

uli84 wrote: »
    This is outrageous, is there anywhere anyone can actually ‘appeal’ this?
    Not sure if that is true, plenty of people posting here they have got passports recently.

paw patrol wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Point still 100 percent stands, one country in EU has approved sputnik Hungary and that is it.

Not sure if that is true, plenty of people posting here they have got passports recently.

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/

Passport Online

The Passport Service has paused operations in line with the move to Level 5 of the Government's National Framework on Living with COVID-19 from 24 December.

Passport Online is open to all applicants, including children, renewing their passports and those applying for their first passport who are resident in Ireland, UK, EU, EEA and Switzerland. These applications will be processed when the Passport Services resumes operations.

Yes they are

My TD posted this...

Thanks for that.
    Point still 100 percent stands, one country in EU has approved sputnik Hungary and that is it.

I agree.

• Advertisement

I already posted that same link on this thread.

But as I said already plenty of people on here saying they have received new passports recently, so honestly who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

My TD posted this...

What TD is that

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

JRant wrote: »
    All positive test results are required to be submitted to the HSE. Doesn't matter if it's a private facility or not.

Only cases detected in public health systems are logged with the CIDR from which the HSE extract their daily reporting data.

Yes they are

you are partially correct.
    The EUA only appears applies in US, UK and Canada.
    The EU equivalent is a conditional marketing authorisation.

EMA has recommended granting a conditional marketing authorisation for the vaccine Comirnaty, developed by BioNTech and Pfizer, to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in people from 16 years of age. EMA’s scientific opinion paves the way for the first marketing authorisation of a COVID-19 vaccine in the EU by the European Commission, with all the safeguards, controls and obligations this entails.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/glossary/conditional-marketing-authorisation
    Conditional marketing authorisation
    The approval of a medicine that addresses unmet medical needs of patients on the basis of less comprehensive data than normally required. The available data must indicate that the medicine’s benefits outweigh its risks and the applicant should be in a position to provide the comprehensive clinical data in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

My TD posted this...

What in the name of Jesus is that Tom Fúckéry?

Who is this enlightened elected official?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/02/21/costs-rising-exponentially-europes-disinformation-war-vaccine/

wtaf ?
    That could prove to be an expensive upset at a time when the British B.1.1.1.7 variant is rapidly taking over. France is already where the UK was in early December just before when the epidemic went parabolic. The variant was 36pc of all French cases late last week, reaching 54pc in some departments. The South African and a Brazilian variants are more than 10pc in four departments.

French epidemiologists say the apparent stability in new cases is an illusion. There are two separate epidemics: the old one is declining with the current partial restrictions; the new B.1.1.1.7 epidemic is relentlessly rising. The numbers seem to knock each other out for a while until the variant reaches an inflexion point and goes wild.

Italy is further behind France but on the same trajectory. The British variant is a quarter of cases in parts of the Mezzogiorno. Prof Andrea Crisanti, hero of the successful Veneto containment last year, says a fourth wave is now avoidable and is calling for an “immediate national lockdown”.

For real ? we are there again ???

My TD posted this...

Your TD is an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

No mention of the Construction Industry?!

Oh yes, that's right the UK, along with every country in Europe, didn't even give a thought to closing building sites as part of Covid suppression strategy.

We really are the special boys in the class, closing our building sites down.

A strategy based on the vague reasoning of "people moving around"... and doubling down on it now too!

House building may not return in Ireland until Early May.

Potentially 4 months of house building pretty much being put on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There is houses been built today.

But who stated the rest of construction will be closed until "Early May"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No mention of the Construction Industry?!

Oh yes, that's right the UK, along with every country in Europe, didn't even give a thought to closing building sites as part of Covid suppression strategy.

We really are the special boys in the class, closing our building sites down.

A strategy based on the vague reasoning of "people moving around"... and doubling down on it now too!

Potentially 4 months of house building pretty much being put on hold.

Social housing is been built.

Fair society ay?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement