Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

They wont and cant tell us what figures we need to reach, to get things opened. Even if we all locked ourselves inside, there is no number they will be happy with. After the Christmas surge they are even more hyper sensitive. So I dont really buy into the " well businesses are closed because of irresponsible behaviour " they would have another bull**** excuse if the numbers were a tenth of what they are...

Social housing is been built.

Fair society ay?

Laughable, the free house club top of the priority list as usual. The only ones worth a damn according to rte the left wing media and left wing dail..

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone else not care what the numbers are anymore cause it’s. Seems to me even if we are single figures, we are still locked up and that’s not the best bit... budget 2022, thank u so much for staying at home now here’s a nice new tax as ur rewards. **** this b*stard government.

Imagine you could fast forward to the budget tomorrow, but based on where the figures will be in September or October of this year, the clappy seals would change their tune pretty quickly when it hits them in the pockets, like it has hundreds of thousands of others

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

Boggles wrote: »
    There is houses been built today.

But who stated the rest of construction will be closed until "Early May"?

Under the legislation as it stands private housing was allowed continue from 11th Jan to end of Jan only if it was at final completion stage.

Social housing the same but to the end of Feb.

Other big projects exempt as outlined before.

Any works going on in contravention of this are irrelevant.

The legislation is in place and no easing in sight.

I don't really care if lads are working away on jobs that are supposed to be closed down, that's up to them.

Re Early May see below from the journal dot ie;

"Beyond the reopening of schools, no major easing of restrictions is expected until May."

"Construction and retail are likely to be the first industries allowed to reopen once the spread of Covid-19 slows"

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Imagine you could fast forward to the budget tomorrow, but based on where the figures will be in September or October of this year, the flappy seals would change their tune pretty quickly when it hits them in the pockets, like it has hundreds of thousands of others

We are all expecting a hit. Dont know why you are assuming people will change their tune based on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

No mention of the Construction Industry?!

A strategy based on the vague reasoning of "people moving around"... and doubling down on it now too!

And they so clearly came up with the 'moving around' nonsense when they were scrambling around trying to find around some reason to explain their decisions. It also came in handy for schools and GAA matches.

We are all expecting a hit. Dont know why you are assuming people will change their tune based on that.

It's one thing them saying it, wait until it has to be paid for...

It's one thing them saying it, wait until it has to be paid for...

So you know what we everyone's reaction is going to be knowing this is coming down the line. Ok.

When they usually only get the fiver etc on top of the world class welfare each budget they are offended. It's over, there are no more welfare increases, generous ps pay increases on already over the top rates. It's all over...

Rte the media and nphet will be devastated when all of this ends...

Social housing is been built.

Fair society ay?

Nothing should be restricted in relation to Construction.

Amazingly, in a phone conversation with a Cabinet Ministers assistant it was actually said to me could I not see if my builder could come and finish the job?!

No sorry, your boss is sitting around that Cabinet table making the legislation, it's not my job to work around your nonsense rules, it's your job to recognize the restrictions on construction as a mistaken panic measure, that have long since passed any point of being a useful public health intervention.

MINISTERS NEED FILTER THE ADVICE FROM NPHET THROUGH THE ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL REALITIES!!!

• Advertisement

When they usually only get the fiver etc on top of the world class welfare each budget they are offended. It's over, there are no more welfare increases, generous ps pay increases on already over the top rates. It's all over...

Rte the media and nphet will be devastated when all of this ends...

Ok, we get it. You know how we are ALL going to feel.

Nothing should be restricted in relation to Construction.

Amazingly, in a phone conversation with a Cabinet Ministers assistant it was actually said to me could I not see if my builder could come and finish the job?!

No sorry, your boss is sitting around that Cabinet table making the legislation, it's not my job to work around your nonsense rules, it's your job to recognize the restrictions on construction as a mistaken panic measure, that have long since passed any point of being a useful public health intervention.

MINISTERS NEED FILTER THE ADVICE FROM NPHET THROUGH THE ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL REALITIES!!!

If the numbers were higher, due to construction bring open. The vulnerable would just shield more the way it should be...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Under the legislation as it stands private housing was allowed continue from 11th Jan to end of Jan only if it was at final completion stage.

Social housing the same but to the end of Feb.

Other big projects exempt as outlined before.

Any works going on in contravention of this are irrelevant.

The legislation is in place and no easing in sight.

I don't really care if lads are working away on jobs that are supposed to be closed down, that's up to them.

Re Early May see below from the journal dot ie;

"Beyond the reopening of schools, no major easing of restrictions is expected until May."

"Construction and retail are likely to be the first industries allowed to reopen once the spread of Covid-19 slows"

So there is houses been built and the rest of construction after schools is first on the list to open?

So there is houses been built and the rest of construction after schools is first on the list to open?

No no no boggles. The thread has decided it know exactly what the government want to do in spite of it being well flagged that construction will be one of the first restriction eased after schools

Yes, social housing on a limited basis till the end of this week.

Officially speaking from next Monday 1st of March no works can continue on housing in Ireland.

That's where were at.

Imagine you could fast forward to the budget tomorrow, but based on where the figures will be in September or October of this year, the clappy seals would change their tune pretty quickly when it hits them in the pockets, like it has hundreds of thousands of others

And yet here we have a mindless procession of thanks to a post sharing data from a TD that is obviously incorrect to anyone who pays attention to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Officially speaking from next Monday 1st of March no works can continue on housing in Ireland.

That's where were at.

But when can I get a builder in to do my extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That's where were at.

Of course they can, it's up to the discretion of LA's. Any legislation can be also extended at the stroke of a pen.

You do have a point to be made, but you can do it honestly. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I gather from your posts your a frustrated self builder?

That is a tough situation to be in. I sympathize.

Did it ever occur to you though, that your builder could be using the restrictions to catch up on other work?

It's the nature of the business with these firms, they constantly stretch themselves and are constantly under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

That's where were at.

So it’s true to say that despite case numbers falling, things are getting more restrictive??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

But when can I get a builder in to do my extension?

if you deem it essential they can do it now.

pick one

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#construction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Mandatory hotel quarantine still 3 or 4 weeks away for anyone entering the country. Nice to see them acting quickly.

Of course they can, it's up to the discretion of LA's. Any legislation can be also extended at the stroke of a pen.

You do have a point to be made, but you can do it honestly. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I gather from your posts your a frustrated self builder?

That is a tough situation to be in. I sympathize.

Did it ever occur to you though, that your builder could be using the restrictions to catch up on other work?

It's the nature of the business with these firms, they constantly stretch themselves and are constantly under pressure.

1) Dishonest am I?

Nothing tells me construction restrictions will lift before end of April from that frontpage of the journal dot ie article.

You may interpret it differently.

2) Doubt he has much else on.

Anytime I ring him now he answers straight away, during normal times it would be 2 missed calls and a text before he'd ring me back :pac:

If we had a site meeting his phone would ring 3 or 4 times in a half hr period.

He just sounds depressed at this stage, much like my friends working in the industry at home on €350 a week.

It's surprising the amount of people that do not know about the exemptions and claim everything is shut down. That list has been out since we went into lockdown. I suppose for some it doesn't suit the narrative to acknowledge such things.

paw patrol wrote: »
    if you deem it essential they can do it now.

pick one

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#construction

I think that guy was looking for an honest answer?

If only I could deem my house an...
    "essential health and related projects including those relevant to preventing, limiting, minimising or slowing the spread of COVID-19" :D

It's surprising the amount of people that do not know about the exemptions and claim everything is shut down. That list has been out since we went into lockdown. I suppose for some it doesn't suit the narrative to acknowledge such things.

Its almost as if some just spend their time fulminating in the internet, and don't actually live in the real world

You referring to me?

I am well aware of them and have been from whenever this shítshow started on Jan 6th.

The reality is it is an extraordinarily restrictive list.

I individual builders are adhering to it or not is another matter.

You referring to me?

I am well aware of them and have been from whenever this shítshow started on Jan 6th.

The reality is it is an extraordinarily restrictive list.

I individual builders are adhering to it or not is another matter.

I'm referring to the poster asking if they can get an extension now (if in fact that were actually being legitimate).

I'm referring to the poster asking if they can get an extension now (if in fact that were actually being legitimate).

Ok, my bad

The list is restrictive because we are in level 5. When the country saw huge rises in cases in Jan it was deemed essential to shut many industries down. At the time we had the virus spreading faster than anywhere in Europe. Had that not been the case things would have been different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Silentcorner's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement