Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Boggles wrote: »
    Nope.

Claimed a fact

Yep you also imagined. You're embarrassing yourself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭jusvi2001

This is one of the very few articles in media which is based on reality about this prolonged lock down. You won't find such honest article in RTE.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/uknews/taoiseach-is-out-of-touch-say-ministers-as-new-poll-reveals-increasing-number-turning-against-lockdown/ar-BB1eNKnl?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBr5KbJ

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yep you also imagined. You're embarrassing yourself now.

'I imagine what happened.'

'Imagine this is what happened.'

One is an opinion, one is a statement of fact.

Now I have done my best to explain it to you, if you still can't comprehend it, there isn't much more I can do.

Now I have done my best to explain it to you, if you still can't comprehend it, there isn't much more I can do.

Sure. You got caught out, no shame in admitting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

You can't be serious???

Neither is fact!

I suggest you should consult a dictionary for the definition of the word imagine:

Form a mental image or concept of.

OR

Suppose or assume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Heavy handing? You have proof of this surely?

What difference does it make what age they are, if they are out parroting anti vax nonsense in the middle of a pandemic do you think they should get preferential treatment because of their age?

I imagine they were told to move on several times and then engaged with what these idiots usually engage in, abusing the guards whilst belting out about their fraydumbs.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You might not like the views of protesters but they have a right to protest.

I suggest you should consult a dictionary for the definition of the word imagine:

Yes because prose sticks to the stringent definition of Oxford.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭Allinall

Neagra wrote: »
    its absolutely outrageous.
    names and addresses.
    we are slipping into very dangerous waters,
    the heads of the government, its agencies and the state broadcaster are conspiring to quash what little freedoms we have left in this country.
    if we dont stand up to them now we really are doomed.

peter hitchens was attacked for making those very same suggestions in the UK, he has since been proven right by the actions of the police, government agencies and the state media.
    when an 80 plus woman is receiving police cautions for having a cup of tea with one friend outside her house you know something sinister has happened.

You never had the freedom to break the law.

Our justice system is carried out in public, with a few exceptions.

Idiots who refuse to Cooperate with the Gardai are certainly not excepted.

It's 2021, protest can take many forms.

They don’t have the right to refuse to cooperate with the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Allinall wrote: »
    They don’t have the right to refuse to cooperate with the Gardai.

Do you honestly think a woman should be brought to court for breaking the 5km rule and have her name and address all over the national media before she is even convicted. If people think this is OK, then we are actually ****ed and we will never get back to normal.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do you honestly think a woman should be brought to court for breaking the 5km rule and have her name and address all over the national media before she is even convicted. If people think this is OK, then we are actually ****ed and we will never get back to normal.

What does her being a woman have to do with it?

To answer your question. Yes..

You break the law, you face the consequences.

It’s very easy to avoid the humiliation.

I’ve been doing it for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

For breaking a law that didn’t exist before one should add

The right to assembly is a cornerstone of democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bit sexist.

Why shouldn't anyone be arrested for failing to comply with a lawful request?

For breaking a law that didn’t exist before one should add

The right to assembly is a cornerstone of democracy

Every one of our laws didn’t exist “before”.

As I said earlier this is a great time to be alive for the closet authoritarians. They're comfortable expressing their authoritarian tendencies now as the government and media are leading by example.

Allinall wrote: »
    What does her being a woman have to do with it?

To answer your question. Yes..

You break the law, you face the consequences.

It’s very easy to avoid the humiliation.

I’ve been doing it for years now.

Exactly, hit the nail on the head there. The humiliation of it, that's exactly why they did it. Did you ever break the law yourself.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Bit sexist.

Why shouldn't anyone be arrested for failing to comply with a lawful request?

Do you think they should have their names and addresses all over our national media before they are even convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I do. I'm following the restrictions so delighted these sc**bags are getting their comeuppance.. Hopefully it will soften their cough a little

Exactly, hit the nail on the head there. The humiliation of it, that's exactly why they did it. Did you ever break the law yourself.

It’s her problem if she’s humiliated.

I have broken the law, but have never been it court as a result.

If I was, I would have no problem with my name and address being published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Do you think they should have their names and addresses all over our national media before they are even convicted.

Their names and addresses are a matter of public record, they were free to try and have this information sealed, just like gemma O'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    This is one of the very few articles in media which is based on reality about this prolonged lock down. You won't find such honest article in RTE.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/uknews/taoiseach-is-out-of-touch-say-ministers-as-new-poll-reveals-increasing-number-turning-against-lockdown/ar-BB1eNKnl?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBr5KbJ

Thanks for that link.

I had to laugh at the framing of this
    -
    The question was: ‘Is it preferable to have a tougher lockdown, such as the restrictions in place today, if it gets the cases down quicker OR a more relaxed lockdown, such as Level 3, which would have fewer restrictions but which might take longer to get the cases down?’

We are presently going into month 7 of level 5 restrictions.
    How could anyone who thinks with any semblance of sanity choose or trust the 1st option ?

We are ****ed, we will never get out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

This thread is quickly gonna turn into a sh1t show if we take the bait from certain posters that believe arresting people for not giving their names and addresses or being outside their 5km and then publishing their names and addresses on the website of our national broadcaster as acceptable. No point in engaging with them as you'll get no where.

We are ****ed, we will never get out of this.

You think the worldwide vaccination programme will just stop?

Because that is, without doubt, what will get us out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Kiith wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0321/1205220-lockdown-protest-dublin-court/

Is this RTE's new way of trying to scare people away from protesting? Name and shame on their website? Can't think of any other time where they'd list the names and addresses of people accused like this.

Somehow i doubt the people named are ashamed, probably proud of it, reinforces their credentials as 'patriots'.

Somehow i doubt the people named are ashamed, probably proud of it, reinforces their credentials as 'patriots'.

The smugness and moral superiority from certain posters is equally comical and disturbing.

I have no doubt if those people were arrested and summarily executed against a wall, there'd be people here cheering it on as necessary in the interests of public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Saw that report this morning and was shocked, it's like something you'd imagine in fascist states.

Do they want vigilantes out to their addresses ?

Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Went to visit my grandparents yesterday for the first time since Christmas. Not one checkpoint there or back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The smugness and moral superiority from certain posters is equally comical and disturbing.

I have no doubt if those people were arrested and summarily executed against a wall, there'd be people here cheering it on as necessary in the interests of public health.

I love the calm measured posts from you people :D Anyway im against the death penalty mate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement