Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

RobitTV wrote: »
    Zara King is live at the rave in the Netherlands and she is reporting the stunning news that Dr Tony Holohan and Dr Ronan Glynn have been spotted within the crowd knocking back a few pints.

She must be over there trying to find out about their plans for weddings as that's the only question she ever seems to ask.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Sobit1964 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how the roadmap is pushed to be shortened for those lucky enough to live in the UK.

If they open up while it's still looking like we're miles away I'm taking my family to the UK. And then we'll compare economies when Ireland opens up and make decisions.

Government are shooting themselves in the foot in how they are managing it.

Yes, they are. The weather is getting better. People could be gathering outside, a little distanced, where extremely minimal spread has been found. Instead they will be meeting and gathering indoors for fear of the curtain-twitcher brigade calling the guards. It's entirely counter-productive.

LameBeaver wrote: »
    Totally wide of the mark chief. Time for a 2km limit and night curfews to be implemented and the army/Gardai and any other forces required to enforce it with zero tolerance.

Jesus Christ. It's not Captain ****ing Trips. Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

Seanachai wrote: »
    Just saw a guy who was sitting on a bench drinking a coffee by himself being told to move on by Gardai in Clontarf.

I just saw a cyclist in Clontarf stopped for a break sitting on bench alone smoking a cigarette and looking at his phone relaxing.
    I was nearly going to have a word with him myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not expecting much from this 'new plan for the summer'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

PTH2009 wrote: »

It’s about as exciting as waiting to hear who’ll be on the late late show on Friday.

Predictable and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I came home tonight to my wife crying because she had to cancel her third flights to Sweden. A year and a half and counting now since she’s seen her parents. I told the stupid whimpering bitch to shut up, hold firm and try a little bit more. Selfish cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

At this point it's clear the government are quite content to let hospitality go bust in this country they've been extended no olive branch whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

I came home tonight to my wife crying because she had to cancel her third flights to Sweden. A year and a half and counting now since she’s seen her parents. I told the stupid whimpering bitch to shut up, hold firm and try a little bit more. Selfish cow!

Why did she cancel her flights? Are they not allowing visitors to Sweden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"We're all in this together, not there yet but stay the course"

Think that will just about sum up all that will be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

On the back of UK's recent proposition to block peaceful protesting, met with resounding approval by the population as we saw over the weekend, another new looney rule to add to the list. What in the name of Fcuk. It's like the British government are trying to incite some kind of unrest in the population.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1374028582905901059

'to be reviewed again in early May'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

ingo1984 wrote: »
    Why did she cancel her flights? Are they not allowing visitors to Sweden?

My daughter didn’t want to do the quarantine coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ypres5 wrote: »
    At this point it's clear the government are quite content to let hospitality go bust in this country they've been extended no olive branch whatsoever

Don't worry there getting 'supports' to help them along

Its a ****ing shambles that they will miss another summer of trading because us irish people can't be trusted. Let's hope the EU force us to reopen

Don't worry there getting 'supports' to help them along

Its a ****ing shambles that they will miss another summer of trading because us irish people can't be trusted. Let's hope the EU force us to reopen

I remember a poster was talking up the supports and how generous they were and all the talk of business closure was hysteria. turns out the brilliant supports were loans that the businesses are expected to repay.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

My daughter didn’t want to do the quarantine coming back.

Sweden is not on the 14 day mandatory quarantine list is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Majority of country won’t be vaccinated until September, not June - Prof McConkey

The absolute useless bunch of jobs worths. A national emergency and all they can do is spout defeatist, fear mongering, doom laden predictions.
    This is what you get with committees made up of the jobs for lifers.
    We should be on national strike until this lot is disbanded and Martin and his cronies are booted out.
    I want an election now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Majority of country won’t be vaccinated until September, not June - Prof McConkey

The absolute useless bunch of jobs worths. A national emergency and all they can do is spout defeatist, fear mongering, doom laden predictions.
    We should be on national strike until this lot is disbanded and Martin and his cronies are booted out.
    I want an election now.

It's always been September though.

I want an election now.

I want an election too but look who else there is, sinn fein want to turn us into a pariah state, like cuba but with **** weather and everyone else wants strict measures. the current state of irish politics is probably at a historic low, we'd probably be better off with Oliver cromwell at this point

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Majority of country won’t be vaccinated until September, not June - Prof McConkey .

Genuinely at a loss as to why anyone would consider this fellas opinion at this stage.

He said 2-4 years of restrictions on Today FM a few weeks ago because the vaccines weren’t as good as first hoped. Try telling that to the Israelis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

ypres5 wrote: »
    I want an election too but look who else there is, sinn fein want to turn us into a pariah state, like cuba but with **** weather and everyone else wants strict measures. the current state of irish politics is probably at a historic low, we'd probably be better off with Oliver cromwell at this point

I agree - just venting. I think an election might scare the feckers into some sort of action though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

marno21 wrote: »
    Genuinely at a loss as to why anyone would consider this fellas opinion at this stage

Himself & Killeen should be removed from the airwaves immediately.

They are utterly irrelevant with the success of the vaccine programme in the UK. As far as I’m aware it’s mostly 1st dose in the UK that’s had that effect.

If I had a choice between a conversation with either of them or a boiling water enema I’d get the kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭jusvi2001

Hope they won't invent level 6 as level 5 is not working at this stage. May god put some common sense into M.M and save poor people

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

bb1234567 wrote: »
    On the back of UK's recent proposition to block peaceful protesting, met with resounding approval by the population as we saw over the weekend, another new looney rule to add to the list. What in the name of Fcuk. It's like the British government are trying to incite some kind of unrest in the population.

Putting restrictions in place, a means of enforcing them and a penalty for those that ignore them. That's just absurd.

Maybe the UK haven't discovered the ultimate effectiveness of the 3 Es.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bb1234567 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1374028582905901059

'to be reviewed again in early May'

More indications,if they were needed,that this has not been about Covid,or any Public Health issue for a long time now.

This now almost certainly a campaign being mounted within Civil Administrations,to build upon the great control improvements subsequent upon making entire populations fearful and distructful,particularly of each other.

It may soon come down to the imposition of Pax Britainica upon its own subjects.

The miners may yet come to feel that they never had it so good....:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I want an election now.

How McConkey has lasted this long after his monomaniacal belief that 50,000 deaths were inevitable by last October, there isn't a shred of substance in his grandstanding. And if the media are still investing worth in his patently false assertions, why should we take anything they proclaim seriously? We're being codded daily. Another whopper this evening was Glynn's contention that the B117 variant is "new", irresponsible fearmongering three months into extended lockdown. Needless to say, he didn't dwell on the same variant dwindling across the Irish Sea in the face of their advanced vaccination programme. Time to stop feeding the public a pack of lies on a regular basis and treating us with a modicum of respect, we have earned it several times over and sacrificed too much already.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

We locked down the whole country indefinitely to protect a small percentage of the population.
    Now that this small percentage is getting vaccinated we are still forced into a lockdown that, according to the expert, is not even enough.
    Next step is curfew and martial law.
    Could anybody explain me what's the logic behind this nonsense?

How McConkey has lasted this long after his monomaniacal belief that 50,000 deaths were inevitable by last October, there isn't a shred of substance in his grandstanding. And if the media are still investing worth in his patently false assertions, why should we take anything they proclaim seriously? We're being codded daily. Another whopper this evening was Glynn's contention that the B117 variant is "new", irresponsible fearmongering three months into extended lockdown. Needless to say, he didn't dwell on the same variant dwindling across the Irish Sea in the face of their advanced vaccination rollout. Time to stop feeding the public a pack of lies on a regular basis and treating us with a modicum of respect, we have earned it several times over and sacrificed too much.

When it comes to calculations mcconkey makes diane abbott look like isaac newton, he should just shut up and fade back into obscurity rather than trying to whore himself out to the press constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

This. This. This.

Every single show is the same lately.

https://twitter.com/EilisOHanIon/status/1374033724401188867

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

darconio wrote: »
    Could anybody explain me what's the logic behind this nonsense?

There is no logic happening here.

What we are dealing with here is 'Revenge of the Nerds' on HI-DEF speed

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement