Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I'm definitely not paying a fine if I get one after hearing this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    I'm definitely not paying a fine if I get one after hearing this

lol

timmyntc wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

That really is mad - tying a ban of evictions to a 5km travel limit seems dubious at best - also moving house is a valid reason to go beyond 5km limit, so would wonder how the eviction ban can tie in with that rule.

:confused:

You don't need to be evicted to move house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Graham wrote: »
    :confused:

You don't need to be evicted to move house.

What is the justification for a ban on evictions when the 5k rule is in place?

Because it can't be that you cant evict someone because they cant find & move to a new place, because moving house is permitted.
    So what is the justification in tying the ban to the 5km limit?

lol

lol

• Advertisement

Because it can't be that you cant evict someone because they cant find & move to a new place, because moving house is permitted.

There is no point arguing with the government defence force

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    This 5k story is unbelievable. Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse

I’m feeling really physically sick this morning with anger about this. It’s so beyond outrageous.

My guess would be it was the easiest was of ensuring that no evictions occurred during the highest level of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

I'll let them know they should move to Madrid and leave you to delight in how clever you think you're being.

:rolleyes:

well Madrid and Sevilla were both wost hit, and both reopened so it doesnt matter what part theyre in now, theyre free to open, whole Country/municipals are.

meanwhile your joke of a Country has unjustified (IMO) lockdowns.

you were the one with the arsehole tone when you knew they were on the verge of opening (if they ahdnt already): "copeyhagen said open the terrace, and bar, and restaurant"

im honestly glad for them. sad for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭timmyntc

My guess would be it was the easiest was of ensuring that no evictions occurred during the highest level of restrictions.

Yes but *how* - what legal justification is there for tying it to a 5k travel restrictions that already has exceptions for moving house? How can the 2 be reconciled?
    Genuine question, I cant get my head around it

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    well Madrid and Sevilla were both wost hit, and both reopened so it doesnt matter what part theyre in now, theyre free to open, whole Country/municipals are.

to the concern of a significant part of the population, Madrid is relaxing restrictions.

I don't know about Sevilla, I'll take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

The silly bunt CD has just mentioned a possible 4th wave radio now off what a total g**bag

to the concern of a significant part of the population, Madrid is relaxing restrictions.

I don't know about Sevilla, I'll take your word for it.

im not joking, im glad for your folks and wish them well.

im at the end of my mental capability with this lockdown.

i want to get over to my folks for a break, even bring one of the kids (other ones back in school next week i think)... i really need it for my mental health i think.

and i cant. im trapped here due to this 5km level 5 restriction. its archaic, having the gardai in the airport pouncing on people trying to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if they relax some restrictions but keep the 5K, it will be telling, they need to go back to 20K or county at the soonest when the weather picks up or people will just ignore it anyway

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

treade1 wrote: »
    The journal has been a disgrace throughout the pandemic. At the start of the lockdown they were begging for donations/subscribers but that changed quickly. They were obviously bailed out by the government and used as an other arm of the propaganda machine to reach the younger demographic they cannot reach via RTE. There so called self appointed factcheckers are shameless. Anyone on the comments section who questions the narrative is silenced - myself included. Consequently anyone reading the comments thinks the vast majority are in favor of lockdown and hears no dissenting opinions.

Pure manufactured consent. It's blatantly obvious too.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

agoodpunt wrote: »
    The silly bunt CD has just mentioned a possible 4th wave radio now off what a total g**bag

Google translate returns language not detected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It is a great comfort to see so many people seeing through the complete hysteria pumped at us every day, under the guide of "experts" who have been consistently wrong from the very start yet here they are today, still getting airtime....and by wrong I don't mean underestimating the threat of the virus, I mean a complete over estimation of the threat...the numbers however don't lie.

You'd wonder, at what point will the penny drop with the hardened anti science lock downers...what will be the straw that breaks the camels back as it were....you'd have thought the ridiculous 5km limit being stretched till May it seems would be the straw, but that hasn't happened...what will it take to break them?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

So our latest living with not living with covid plan is another shambles. Kick the can on down the road until another few hundred thousand are vaccinated.

This is a monumental disgrace at this stage.

Awaiting the high case numbers and increased deaths this evening to somehow try and justify this.

The shows nearly over though. Once evenings get brighter people ain’t going to be listening anymore.

It’s getting to the point now where its the people ourselves have to start relaxing the restrictions. Take the control away from NPHET and government.

A year on and the plan is we have no plan.

It is a great comfort to see so many people seeing through the complete hysteria pumped at us every day, under the guide of "experts" who have been consistently wrong from the very start yet here they are today, still getting airtime....and by wrong I don't mean underestimating the threat of the virus, I mean a complete over estimation of the threat...the numbers however don't lie.

You'd wonder, at what point will the penny drop with the hardened anti science lock downers...what will be the straw that breaks the camels back as it were....you'd have thought the ridiculous 5km limit being stretched till May it seems would be the straw, but that hasn't happened...what will it take to break them?

The government defence force is battening down the hatches for a last stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Thanks for that.

That really is mad - tying a ban of evictions to a 5km travel limit seems dubious at best - also moving house is a valid reason to go beyond 5km limit, so would wonder how the eviction ban can tie in with that rule.

So as a homeowner unaffected by eviction, the 5km restriction is of no interest to me. Same for tenants who can prove they have a valid tenancy and are not in danger of eviction. I'd imagine there are former Soviet Eastern block countries reading about this dictatorship and shaking their heads.....

• Advertisement

So our latest living with not living with covid plan is another shambles. Kick the can on down the road until another few hundred thousand are vaccinated.

Awaiting the high case numbers and increased deaths this evening to somehow try and justify this.

The shows nearly over though. Once evenings get brighter people ain’t going to be listening anymore.

It’s getting to the point now where its the people ourselves have to start relaxing the restrictions. Take the control away from NPHET and government.

we ened businesses to open back up though, otherwise its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

UsBus wrote: »
    So as a homeowner unaffected by eviction, the 5km restriction is of no interest to me. Same for tenants who can prove they have a valid tenancy and are not in danger of eviction. I'd imagine there are former Soviet Eastern block countries reading about this dictatorship and shaking their heads.....

"Homeowners" can and have been evicted.

As a homer owner they want you to stay at home, the 5km is an exercise limit.

Whether it interests you or not doesn't really matter.

Boggles wrote: »

morning Boggles, how'd ya sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

It's disgraceful. What's the point of the vaccination role out at all if there is no correlation to easing restrictions? These are the actions we would be taking without a vaccine.

You are right, people will start controlling the restrictions themselves now.

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    It's disgraceful. What's the point of the vaccination role out at all if there is no correlation to easing restrictions?

When was that announced?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    morning Boggles, how'd ya sleep?

Not great.

I'd a dream the lizard people bought the Journal and were using it to disseminate misinformation to the youth.

I was going to post about it, but someone else had the same dream apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It does quite a bit, one tangible thing it does while in place is it prevents evictions.

One wonders is there a limit to the amount of bull**** the lockdown-cheerleaders would swallow and regurgitate with a straight face.

It would appear there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Yes, it was presented as an exercise limit, and to reduce movement with the aim of avoiding the spread of Covid. Not as a measure to avoid evictions.

Can't wait to hear the excuse to evict me from the home I own outright..?
    They'll have to phone in advance of the eviction notice cause I won't be home....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

When was that announced?

- 9 more weeks of Level 5, Mícheal Martin
    - 'Summer outdoors' and a crap 2021 - Prof Philip Nolan
    - No indoor dining, hospitality at all in 2021 stated multiple times, despite having it open for a lot of Summer 2020 with no vaccines
    - Zero Covid nutty professor group - 4th waves, vaccines won't work

We're an utter disgrace in this Country - what a sad reflection on our Education system that this is the way our Scientists present their opinions as facts.

Professor Chris Whitty -
    "However, he said the country would need to get used to a certain number of Covid-19 deaths every year as the virus would not be eliminated.

“Every year in the UK, as in every other country, you get substantial numbers of people dying from respiratory infections,” he said.

”Flu kills around 9,000 a year, and bad years are significantly more, but there are also pneumonia and adenoviruses and other respiratory infections.

“I’m afraid, for the foreseeable future, coronavirus is going to be added to that list of things that those who are vulnerable – even despite vaccination – can be at risk of.”

He said coronavirus was “likely to be a problem, in particular, in the winter for the next few winters”.

The population of Ireland cannot tolerate what is currently happening, while our nearest neighbours give their people their lives back. Vaccination roll out should have a direct impact on restrictions being lifted.

• Advertisement

One wonders is there a limit to the amount of bull**** the lockdown-cheerleaders would swallow and regurgitate with a straight face.

It would appear there isn't.

Have you ever met a fact you haven't disagreed with?

It must be exhausting to be that constantly outraged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement