Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I see a committee is recommending Vitamin C should form part of Government strategy...how long is it now, 12 months since our first case!!!!

They must think we are all morons....you know what, they aren't too far wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Boggles wrote: »
    Scotland's roadmap out of lockdown unveiled

No real surprise, kids to prioritized first.

That's two countries a stone's throw away from us willing to commit to dates beyond vague seasonal predictions. What's different about Ireland that makes it so hard for us to do so.

Maybe it's the UK variant. I don't think they have it over there. Certainly don't seem to go on about it as much.

You know, you are simply a dishonest poster.

No one said that yet there you go...you repeatedly misrepresent yourself and others over and over again, you fail to remember your own nonsense claims and lash around accusations of spoofing or you claim others are full of nonsense.

RAT are another tool in the protection of especially the vulnerable in care homes...you know the most vulnerable to this virus...a smart tool at that.

NO ONE said RAT stops Covid in its tracks.

You keep telling me I have said things that I never said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

interesting Guy on newstalk there, did not catch his name but basically said the government havent a clue regarding getting more of this vaccine and getting it quickly for example

what other countrys have done...

hungary went to russia to get more of the sputnik to top up there quota from the EU
    germany and denmark bought excess moderna vaccines taht portugal and greece didnt take up

what we could do...

go down the 12 week route regarding the oxford vaccine,
    ask Britain to lend vaccine till our supply ramps up

basically a bit of thinking outside the bloody box instead of doing f*** all

We will end up begging the Brits, whilst we make a hames of the distribution...whilst the longer it goes on the more small businesses go under!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

interesting Guy on newstalk there, did not catch his name but basically said the government havent a clue regarding getting more of this vaccine and getting it quickly for example

hungary went to russia to get more of the sputnik to top up there quota from the EU
    germany and denmark bought excess moderna vaccines taht portugal and greece didnt take up

what we could do...

Sputnik haven't sent on any safety data for use.

Aren't they getting those in September.?

The 12 week idea could be a goer in the under 60s

How do you borrow vaccines, would the brits not be annoyed 4m of their doses are going to Europe? I haven't seen the uks delivery schedule, do they even have spares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Take a shot tonight every time Micheál mentions his favourite words “cautious” “conservative” and “new variants”.. you should be fit to get your stomach pumped in about 3.5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Matt Cooper’s wife (hate referring to people as someone’s wife but genuinely can’t think of her name) is on with Maura and Daithi right now saying people want tighter restrictions. Levels of delusion I cannot even comprehend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

Matt Cooper’s wife (hate referring to people as someone’s wife but genuinely can’t think of her name) is on with Maura and Daithi right now saying people want tighter restrictions. Levels of delusion I cannot even comprehend

who are these people...i literally dont know one person out of hundreds that want tighter restrictions...delusional is right...i feel like the media government and nphet are living in some kind of parallel twin peaks twilight zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

hynesie08 wrote: »

How do you borrow vaccines, would the brits not be annoyed 4m of their doses are going to Europe? I haven't seen the uks delivery schedule, do they even have spares?

All that chap was saying is that these are ideas to be looked at - even the fact that hungary went to russia ad germany bought excess vaccines show thinking outside the box. We are clueless at the moment and our plan consists of lets wait and see which is no use to anyone. Simple things like antigen testing are not even being discussed ? This government is an embarrasment and confirms micharl martins reputation when in health that he couldnt make a decision if his life depended on it. We need strong leadershi and we are not getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

That's two countries a stone's throw away from us willing to commit to dates beyond vague seasonal predictions. What's different about Ireland that makes it so hard for us to do so.

Maybe it's the UK variant. I don't think they have it over there. Certainly don't seem to go on about it as much.

Nicola Sturgeon didn't even mention relaxing restrictions on building houses.

Very harsh of her... what about all those Scottish builders stuck at home not working and the people waiting for houses to be built :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I remember some presenter on Newstalk saying the same awhile back around Christmas time. He was making affirmative statements about wider supporter, without any measurement of said support. Likely the kind of person who lives in bubble with like minded people, who can't even conceive the fact that people outside of his bubble might not agree with him.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

what we could do...

hungary are rolling out the sinopharm vaccine tomorrow why we couldn't do the same i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭timmyntc

ypres5 wrote: »
    hungary are rolling out the sinopharm vaccine tomorrow why we couldn't do the same i don't know

We shouldnt be rolling out vaccines without the proper approval.

Also isnt sinopharm only like 60% effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

hynesie08 wrote: »

Hungary have shown that its possible to be in the EU and source vaccines that don't have EU approval. They used emergency legislation to get it. Orban basically used words to the effect of "we believe our scientists are just as capable as those in the EMA.". They regulated the vaccine themselves rather than wait for the EU. Sputnik got a great review in the Lancet, one of the most respected medical journals.

They've also approved the Sinopharm vaccine from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

This all reeks of the Government wanting the restrictions to suppress the virus, but throwing out an emotive excuse to keep the restrictions as a means to shut down discussion.

Suddenly if you're against the 5km rule you're putting people at risk of eviction.

Absolutely patronising tripe considering we know the Government could easily change whatever legislation needs amending with the support of the opposition.

It's a bit like a month or so ago when Leo said if they brought in restrictions on travel it would be difficult to remove them again.

Then a couple of weeks later they're threatening people at airports with jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Because we live in a claim culture society and doing the above would open the flood gates for those people

timmyntc wrote: »
    We shouldnt be rolling out vaccines without the proper approval.

Also isnt sinopharm only like 60% effective?

we could have done the necessary approval process ourselves surely? it's better than lying around waiting for the eu to get their act together

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

we could have done the necessary approval process ourselves surely? it's better than lying around waiting for the eu to get their act together

In case you forgotten, we are in the EU so we go through the same process as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Ireland's "Living with Covid Plan" - I can already see two things wrong in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cabinet agreed the level 5 extension anyway

Shower of cowards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

who are these people..

People who are mostly or entirely insulated from the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

JRant wrote: »
    It's already been widely announced.
    Step 1: Underpants
    Step 2: ?
    Step 3: Profit

You can't buy underpants, they are not an essential Item

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cabinet agreed the level 5 extension anyway

Shower of cowards

Yes, not a single soul expected them not to.

What grounds were there?

In case you forgotten, we are in the EU so we go through the same process as others.

in case you've forgotten so is hungary but that didn't stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭timmyntc

We tend to require certain data from the manufacturer in order to approve.
    Also theres the question of do we have the staff to actually do that?

The EMA is a dedicated organisation to do these things EU-wide, so we might not have that same expertise nationally because we dont need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

in case you've forgotten so is hungary but that didn't stop them

Yeah but they're the naughtiest boys in the class and we're the bestest boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is an interesting decision considering what's going on

Unions agree deal to give 1% pay rise to public servants this year and another in 2022

I'm sure an extra 4 quid a week to the clerical officers will break the bank

Do we have a medical council qualified to authorize vaccines? Did Russia make any attempt to get their safety data to us?

Maybe ireland was just lazy, maybe Russia were, maybe international vaccine approval works on a level we don't see?

Yeah but they're the naughtiest boys in the class and we're the bestest boys

i suppose Micheal and co are such needy publicity whores that going against the eu even when all sense calls for it it's amazing covid is so urgent we need to spend half a year in level 5 but the government can't get their act together with the vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement