Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pension - who to contact.

Options
  • 20-02-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A family member worked for BOI in the 70s and paid into a pension. They’ve recently reached retirement age, who should they contact regarding this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wills Towers Watson took over the pension administration. I would be surprised if nobody has been in touch, already, if the person is ex staff and of pension age. Unless the wrong address is on file 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Wills Towers Watson took over the pension administration. I would be surprised if nobody has been in touch, already, if the person is ex staff and of pension age. Unless the wrong address is on file 

Nothing yet but only turned pension age just under a month ago. They might be a bit behind due to Covid but I just want them to follow up to make sure they do have the correct address, etc. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Toulouse wrote: »
    Ally Dick wrote: »

Nothing yet but only turned pension age just under a month ago. They might be a bit behind due to Covid but I just want them to follow up to make sure they do have the correct address, etc. Thanks for the info
    They usually write to the person one month before the pension is due to start, so if the person's  birthday is February, a letter should issue in January. The pension payment would never be delayed if it is due

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Will they have the correct address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yes, the retiree was living at the same address they are now when they left the bank so it seems something has gone amiss somewhere along the way. They haven’t received any correspondence to date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement