Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damage to exterior wall

• 20-02-2021 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Moved into this house recently and the crack was visible, it hasn’t grown any bigger, however I’m only noticing paint bubbling now after heavy rain today. Is this something to be concerned about? What could be causing the paint blisters, and what would you recommend as a course of action. I’m thinking it was poorly prepared and painted the last time

https://ibb.co/BBwfnLL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are the gutters above it blocked and putting excess water out over the walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Are the gutters above it blocked and putting excess water out over the walls?

No, only had the gutters cleared a few months back. Could it be moisture seeping from the crack under the paint layer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Summer2020 wrote: »
    No, only had the gutters cleared a few months back. Could it be moisture seeping from the crack under the paint layer?

That's exactly what's happening. Give it a shot of the power washer in the summer, and get it back to a solid edge. Fill it and then give it a coat of stabilising primer.

That's exactly what's happening. Give it a shot of the power washer in the summer, and get it back to a solid edge. Fill it and then give it a coat of stabilising primer.

Thanks very much, got the idea from a similar thread here today. I’ll get a painter in to do a right job on it and fill in the cracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Thanks very much, got the idea from a similar thread here today. I’ll get a painter in to do a right job on it and fill in the cracks.

Just make sure he scrapes it right back, that could trail back for a couple of feet either side. He needs to do the prep right before painting it again.

I've seen this spreading to an entire gable wall.

• Advertisement

Just make sure he scrapes it right back, that could trail back for a couple of feet either side. He needs to do the prep right before painting it again.

I've seen this spreading to an entire gable wall.

Thanks will keep a very close eye when it’s being done.

Advertisement