Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Robinson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's all okay Mary had the vegan option for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

name them so

#confidential ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

francois wrote: »
    "I've a friend"
    Anecdote not evidence

I also remember she cleared aload of the staffers in the aras also shortly after taking up residence. The Ego knew no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

"I've a friend"
    Anecdote not evidence

Robbo is well known for her haughtiness , she could power a small factory from her smug production alone

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Chopper Dave

Even if you leave the specifics of the case out of it, what was she thinking defending a country and regime that is known to be repressive of women's rights. Anyone in a public position would run a mile from this.

For her to do this and to also give a medical assessment of the Princess just beggars belief. Out of touch doesn't begin to describe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

"I've a friend"
    Anecdote not evidence

Wasn’t aware this thread was a court of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

David McSavage had her down to a tee with his "President for Life" routine...

Bring back the Savage Eye!

Please don't. A deeply creepy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Robinson comes out of the whole thing badly, but the whole furore over Latifa surprises me. What's going on there is nothing that hasn't happened before and isn't surprising considering attitudes to women in that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Ciaranis wrote: »
    Please don't. A deeply creepy man.

...but a funny fecker all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

She got a softball interview the last time when she was trying to justify it and none of the questions that people were asking or dubiousness of her relationship with UAE were raised. Now she'll get another softball interview and Tubridy will give it the "Anybody would have fell for it" jingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

"I made mistake, I let my heart rule my head......."

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    The whole Princess Latifa affair is probably deserving of its own thread.
    If our Govt. had any gumption they'd threaten Al Maktoum with sanctions unless they allow her wellbeing to be independently verified.
    They'll never take the lead on it though because business interests trumps all.

Dubai are safehousing Irelands most wanted man. It shows how piss weak they are in front of them. The only response from government is that they have contacted UAE about the situation and that's it. They probably just send an email every couple of years to keep face.

She got a softball interview the last time when she was trying to justify it and none of the questions that people were asking or dubiousness of her relationship with UAE were raised. Now she'll get another softball interview and Tubridy will give it the "Anybody would have fell for it" jingo.

Assume she’ll do a puff piece with a lightweight like ‘Miriam’ to restore her lustre.

If that doesn’t work she will ‘stand up’ to the online bullies who are attacking her. That is a sure fire winner.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1365405656254193668?s=19

Tubridy "It sounds like you are on a mission" f**king hell, he's fluffing her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1365405656254193668?s=19

Tubridy "It sounds like you are on a mission" f**king hell, he's fluffing her up.

She can go ***" herself now.

Where's is our 'political intervention' for one of our own citizens under indefinite house arrest in China coming up to 2 years now.
    If it were a women Mary and Simon Coveny would be all over it in a shot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/family-of-irish-man-held-in-china-nobody-is-helping-us-we-are-just-begging-for-help-1.4427530

But ya Saudi Arabia are a law onto themselves.
    They actually embalmed khasoggi while he was still alive. Sick ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

She's really done herself a lot of reputational damage with this.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

What does the future hold for that princess. In her 30s now and trapped.
    A stunningly beautiful woman who I'm sure would have a brilliant future if she can get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...but a funny fecker all the same.

A lot funnier than much of RTEs unlaughable comedy output.

She's really done herself a lot of reputational damage with this.

Nah, Mary Robinson is the establishment. The media idolises her. For the NGOs she is Jesus, she kicked off the gravy train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Assume she’ll do a puff piece with a lightweight like ‘Miriam’ to restore her lustre.

If that doesn’t work she will ‘stand up’ to the online bullies who are attacking her. That is a sure fire winner.

Does she need to restore her lustre? She's 76 years old, so presumably she'd be retreating from public life soon anyway

Anyway, I don't really get this story? As far as I understand, this Princess is being held against her will and Mary was brought in for a few pictures to give the impression that all is well? Is that it?

Does she need to restore her lustre? She's 76 years old, so presumably she'd be retreating from public life soon anyway

Anyway, I don't really get this story? As far as I understand, this Princess is being held against her will and Mary was brought in for a few pictures to give the impression that all is well? Is that it?

Yes, complete non story. Nothing to see here.

Mods, can we get this thread shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Yes, complete non story. Nothing too see here.

Mods, can we get this thread shut down?

It's hardly a non-story if Robinson thought it necessary to go on the late late to explain herself.

It's hardly a non-story if Robinson thought it necessary to go on the late late to explain herself.

All she did was have a few photos taken to give the impression that all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is she not Head Honcho with that crew she set up, "The Elders"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

All she did was have a few photos taken to give the impression that all was well.

She was fooled into being used as a pawn.

Treppen wrote: »
    She was fooled into being used as a pawn.

Fool me once, shame on you...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Denny61

This woman is a fraud...she has been living the high life off the back of her stint as president Of Ireland. She stands for human rights ya ya we all do .what has she done about it .only appear by invitation at big wig events . Say a few words,and then stay in lavish hotels..do the people and countries listen to her ..aaaaaahhh no !! 99 %don't know about her. What she does or who she is .let alone be told to tune in for her speech...give me a break..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It appears they arranged for Robinson to attend at dinner while the princess was instructed to behave. It is also thought that the princess didnt know M Robinson so that whole scenario was a one sided set up to discredit the princess.
    What did Robinson think she was doing - at best she was there to show the world that the princess was 'a crazy' and to support the royals while believing this all to be correct.
    At worst, she willingly took part in a sham for money.
    Either way, she was wasnt doing any favours to the princess.
    If the princess is dead, Robinson has blood on her hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

She's a disgusting individual.

Advertisement