Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottomless Terracotta Plant Pot

Options
  • 21-02-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've seen online some bottomless Terracotta plant pots but I can't find anywhere to buy them, does anywhere know any place, either online or actual shop that I could buy one from. Am happy to wait if it's an actual shop, just knowing where to get one once I can travel would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I’ve been on the hunt for one of these myself for some time. I can’t find any here in Ireland, unless you’re willing to go the Amazon route which I haven’t chanced since brexit.

I’m considering just taking the bottom of a plastic imitation terracotta pot,you could chance doing it to a real one but I’d worry about the cracks. I saw on Pinterest people have used chimney flues.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I’ve been on the hunt for one of these myself for some time. I can’t find any here in Ireland, unless you’re willing to go the Amazon route which I haven’t chanced since brexit.

I’m considering just taking the bottom of a plastic imitation terracotta pot,you could chance doing it to a real one but I’d worry about the cracks. I saw on Pinterest people have used chimney flues.

I agree, I didn't think about chimney flute, I'll have a look. Amazon has not ben too bad, I looked on there but couldn't find one that delivers to ireland now, I'll look again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you might get nice chimney flues in the likes of mac's salvage in islandbridge in dublin, but be prepared to shell out, they're not going to be cheap.
    though you have just given me pause for thought about a cowl on an unused chimney on my own house. (image taken from google street view)

544544.jpg

Advertisement