Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herd Number + Entitlement

Options
  • 21-02-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a piece of advice.

Looking at leasing a piece of land for 6 years for horses but land is fairly expensive so I'd need to claim the entitlements. My question is if I get a herd number and have no other stock will I have an issue claiming the entitlements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

vinnyryan wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking at leasing a piece of land for 6 years for horses but land is fairly expensive so I'd need to claim the entitlements. My question is if I get a herd number and have no other stock will I have an issue claiming the entitlements?

Do you have entitlements to claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Yes, they come with the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Charolois 19

AFAIK there has to be a foal of them for the year gone or something to that effect, I know a friend has a situation like that anyway, i don't know if all his mares have to foal or just the amount that makes up his units for the entitlements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭minerleague

Hi,

I assume owner is insisting you would draw down entitlements not just get the value in the rent ( they could be lost to reserve otherwise ) . Do you have any hard / flock no to have horses presently ? . Cant see any problem drawing entitlements if you get herd no.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The11Duff

You should contact an agri advisor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

No need for stock to draw down entitlements just keep the land in good agriculture condition. Need stock to get ANC payment

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    No need for stock to draw down entitlements just keep the land in good agriculture condition. Need stock to get ANC payment

Thanks a mil.

Apparently there's entitlements and headage payments.

I assume owner is insisting you would draw down entitlements not just get the value in the rent ( they could be lost to reserve otherwise ) . Do you have any hard / flock no to have horses presently ? . Cant see any problem drawing entitlements if you get herd no.

Yeah, unfortunately. And the land is fairly expensive so I will need the return. Apparently there's entitlements and headage payments.

I haven't got a herd number before so wanted to check if I get one is there any fine print that would prevent me from being able to claim without stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭minerleague

Yeah, unfortunately. And the land is fairly expensive so I will need the return. Apparently there's entitlements and headage payments.

I haven't got a herd number before so wanted to check if I get one is there any fine print that would prevent me from being able to claim without stock.

ANC is headage payments ( need min stock 0.15lu/ha ) unsure if horses alone qualifies. Entitlements is BPS. Maps showing plot no. should have been posted to whoever farmed the land last year. Was thinking if you have land for 6 years you should apply to pilot REPS scheme this year. Next year all GLAS farmers will be trying to join

Advertisement