Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerwashing

• 21-02-2021 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions on the above.

Have a powerhose myself but need someone to come in with a professional one to get rid of all the winter crap first

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Paul's Property Maintenance (Paul Burke).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone got any suggestions on the above.

Have a powerhose myself but need someone to come in with a professional one to get rid of all the winter crap first

You probably don't as you can do it yourself.

Get yourself some bleach, dilute and spread it on to the paths on a damp day, brush it into the path and leave it for an hour or so, then powerhose off. Ideally use a rotatory brush on you powerwasher.

If you have a very large area you could buy from the Co-Op the stuff farmers use for washing their milking machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

phog wrote: »
    You probably don't as you can do it yourself.

Get yourself some bleach, dilute and spread it on to the paths on a damp day, brush it into the path and leave it for an hour or so, then powerhose off. Ideally use a rotatory brush on you powerwasher.

If you have a very large area you could buy from the Co-Op the stuff farmers use for washing their milking machines.
    Yes, that stuff - Chloras, it's called - is fantastic for cleaning walls and pathways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Keep it well away from tarmac, windows and doors though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Make sure to also wear old clothes and shoes. Don't put too much on the concrete either as it's extremely corrosive. It is excellent to clean though all of that aside.

I usually dilute it in a watering can and spray it around on the paving/concrete on a day when the ground is already wet after rain. Give it about 10 mins and then use the yard brush on it before power washing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

How much Chloras do you dilute in water, say 5 litres?

I usually go with 3/4 water, 1/4 chlorus in a watering can.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

bazz26 wrote: »
    I usually go with 3/4 water, 1/4 chlorus in a watering can.

Thanks for that info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement