Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG OLED55CX5LB cant find UK Freesat / Free-to-airchannels

• 21-02-2021 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I recently bought an OLED55CX5LB and I'm trying to tune in the BBC / ITV etc. channels on the Astra 28.2E (Astra 2?) Satellite but am not having much luck. The settings seem to be right, signal and quality is 100% and the tuner finds over 400 other channels on blind search but none of the UK ones. I even tried changing the location to UK and trying it with the in-built Freesat tuner but in that mode it finds 0 channels.

My settings are as follows:
    Satellite: Astra 28.2E
    LNB Frequency: 9750/10600
    Transponder: 10714,H,22001
    22kHz Tone: Off
    LNB Power: On
    DiSEqC: Off

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or need to do in addition? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

What are the channels it is finding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 connfull

What are the channels it is finding?
    To name a few of the >400 channels:

Alquiler
    Telesur
    BBC World News Europe HD
    Al Jazeera English HD
    RAI News 24
    QVC UHD
    France 24 (In English)
    CNN Int.
    Canal+
    MTV, Comedy Central etc. but all in German
    Sky Sport News
    ...and whole load of French, German and Middle East channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Your dish is pointing at the wrong satellite. That looks like 19E. You want 28.2E An easy mistake to make. Put your address into this site and select astra 28.2 to see which direction it should be pointing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 connfull

Your dish is pointing at the wrong satellite. That looks like 19E. You want 28.2E An easy mistake to make. Put your address and select astra 28.2 to see which direction it should be pointing

That worked! Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

connfull wrote: »
    That worked! Thank you so much :)

Also, if you want Freesat, the TV's location must be set to UK and any UK postcode will be needed to determine which BBC and ITV region you want on channel 101 etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement