Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS and sheep fencing

Options
  • 21-02-2021 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I have 30 ewes, I do mostly beef would I qualify for the fencing grant under TAMS, even part of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Tomjim wrote: »
    I have 30 ewes, I do mostly beef would I qualify for the fencing grant under TAMS, even part of it?

This article states you need 40ewes :(

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/sheep/do-you-need-to-have-sheep-to-get-a-grant-for-sheep-fencing-35230718.html

Is it still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Think lambs can make up numbers as I know someone who doesn’t lamb any ewes got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Think lambs can make up numbers as I know someone who doesn’t lamb any ewes got it.

Is 5 months of store lambs sufficient to qualify?

Is 5 months of store lambs sufficient to qualify?

You’d need to check with advisor, my reading of above was lambs need to be in herd no at time of claim...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

have to be sheep 12 months old, store lambs dont count

• Advertisement

Dickie10 wrote: »
    have to be sheep 12 months old, store lambs dont count

Didn’t know that, just know someone who got the grant and only buys and sells. Out of interest how would they know the ages of sheep on a holding? Say you put in the grant this time if the year while you still have 40+ stores and claim it next year when you still have 40+ stores? Who knows if they’re 12months or 10months?

Didn’t know that, just know someone who got the grant and only buys and sells. Out of interest how would they know the ages of sheep on a holding? Say you put in the grant this time if the year while you still have 40+ stores and claim it next year when you still have 40+ stores? Who knows if they’re 12months or 10months?

The article I linked above states

“It has been clarified that farmers must show proof that a minimum of either 40 ewes or store lambs are on their holding before they will receive approval for payment under the TAMS II sheep fencing scheme.”

Has anyone applied lately?

I applied for this when it came out first a good few years ago, and it took nearly 12 months to get a response from the dept. Are they any quicker now?

I had a quick look there, and from this article, which is from Dec 2020

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/sheep-fencing-tops-tams-sheep-farmer-submissions-586630

It says final tranche for current scheme closed for applications 15 Jan 2021. But it does say Budget 2021 allowed for 8M

So, does anyone actually know if there is a TAMS scheme for sheep fencing now or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eire23

The article I linked above states

“It has been clarified that farmers must show proof that a minimum of either 40 ewes or store lambs are on their holding before they will receive approval for payment under the TAMS II sheep fencing scheme.”

Has anyone applied lately?

I applied for this when it came out first a good few years ago, and it took nearly 12 months to get a response from the dept. Are they any quicker now?

Last fencing job I completed was paid within a month and a half.. If the paperwork is right there should be no major holdups. Had applied for more in the mean time and was waiting 4 months for approval.

Advertisement