Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio wall query

Options
  • 21-02-2021 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a patio installed this year and have just been browsing different paving slabs and see walls in between the patio and garden this one in the attached photo. How are these walls created? Just wondering how they get this thickness etc (is it multiple slabs or slabs built around a concrete wall etc).

Haven't a clue about this stuff! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭rje66

I'm thinking of getting a patio installed this year and have just been browsing different paving slabs and see walls in between the patio and garden this one in the attached photo. How are these walls created? Just wondering how they get this thickness etc (is it multiple slabs or slabs built around a concrete wall etc).

Haven't a clue about this stuff! :)
    They are 4" concrete blocks built on a foundation and plastered. The white effect is probably white sand and white cement. They look great, but can get dirty looking quickly in our weather.

rje66 wrote: »
    They are 4" concrete blocks built on a foundation and plastered. The white effect is probably white sand and white cement. They look great, but can get dirty looking quickly in our weather.

As above, just plastered blocks.

The pic you posted looks well, but that look is not suited to the Irish climate. Those pristine white planters will be covered in green slime after one winter here and will require repainting every year. Really not worth the hassle.

My advice would be to use coloured concrete walling blocks from Kilsaran or Tobermore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭rje66

Like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Thanks folks!

rje66 wrote: »
    Like this

Exactly. I have the grey version of the same block.

• Advertisement
Advertisement