Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting - soft info / joining the Garda

• 22-02-2021 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I hope someone can answer this! I am looking at applying for the Garda / reserve Garda / civil defence after I finish my degree in university. To join these I understand you need to be Garda vetted. I am currently 20 and have left secondary school 3 years ago. During that time I got 2 or 3 suspensions (defiently 2, maybe 3. I can't remember). Will these suspensions show up on the Garda vetting (through soft / specified info) or will they somehow find these out? I really hope someone can answer this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Suspensions from school?! Absolutely no way, you're fine.

Soft info would be stuff like allegations of criminality made against you which have not been proven.

If anyone who was suspended from school couldn't join the guards, they'd be ruling out a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smithy2308

Oh thank god! You don't realise how long I've been waiting for an answer like this! Every website I went to never gave me a straight answer and having that scare on my mind the last few months has hindered my decision to join/apply.

Thank you so much!

Advertisement