Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What is this spare time you're talking about? 🤔

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I assume it's something people who don't have online streaming services have. Squid Game took over my life last week! 😂

Squid game is the only thing I've watched on netflix in months...

The Mrs is working her way through heartland these days though...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Listen to people talking about what they watch on Netflix! 😀

Yeah, just smile and nod at people talking about Squid Game. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is there a third Christmas Chronicles on the way this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Full Christmas tv schedule set to be released November 30th this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that for all the irish channels?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For the U.K. channels. Irish estimated 4th December.

• Advertisement

I started watching the FX/BBC adaption of A Christmas Carol from 2019 only 2 years too late, I watched the first episode last night. 3 episodes of 1 hour each, I though the first episode was very good with strong acting performances and visually it looks stunning if not a bit grim looking but that was the times I guess.I can already see how some people wouldn't like it, it is very bleak and slow moving but I'm enjoying it.

Did anyone else watch it when it aired 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I watched it and quite enjoyed it although like you said it is dark. Gets darker ha.

Watched it at the time, it sways off the beaten track later on but its an interesting take on the old classic for sure.

The NOW 80s music TV channel will soon be rebranding to NOW Christmas. It'll be the only dedicated Christmas music TV channel to feature on Sky, Freeview and Virgin Media. Example programming, includes:

• Christmas Party Anthems!

• Pete Waterman’s Xmas Through The Ages

• Michael Bublé & Friends at Christmas

• Just 1 Day to Christmas!

• Mel C’s 30 UK Christmas No.1s!

The channel switchover is set to take place on the 20th November and will remain on-air until Stephen’s Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So I have two whole days off work two weeks before Christmas....kids will be in school and husband will be in work.....I am planning two days of movies.....preferably hallmark crap.....I love awful Christmas romance. Is there anyway to get the hallmark channel in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If you have sky the movie channel Christmas 24 shows a lot of them 😉👍

Netflix and Amazon prime have a lot of them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thanks, will they have the new ones? As I’d say I watched all the old ones 😀 hopefully anyway

• Advertisement

There are a few new Christmas films coming to Netflix this year, anyway. A Boy Called Christmas, A Castle for Christmas, a third Princess Switch to name a few- and Last Christmas (although not a new film) has recently been added to Netflix too. 🙂

Might have to finally bite the bullet and go over to the dark side!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

and leave me here all alone 😄😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Has anyone found the Christmas channel on virgin media. It used to be true movies . But I think that is gone now? 🤔

Yeah, I think True Movies is gone from Virgin Media now. They replaced it with the Sony Channel as far as I know.

I know a load of those channels were replaced on the sky platform by Great!Movies & couple of others. There's already 2 or 3 Christmas movie related ones there now. SKY will have a designated christmas channel too but thats in their movie package with an additional subscription charge.

Seems more Christmas movie then music channels on Sky these days.

there is indeed. I manually tuned in the music ones but its a chore having to go look for them so haven't bothered since tuning them in.

Yea, don't think i'd be that pushed either to be honest. Christmas FM will do me just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Food Network has gone from being "lets make spooky cakes!" to over 50% Christmas content already. That's my background noise channel (well, except for Mystery Diners and Man vs Food which I can't watch) although, beyond changing how I do roast veg, I'm not sure I've ever picked up much from it!

Advertisement