Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a house during these times of restrictions?

Options
  • 22-02-2021 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Per title (and other thread), I did not realise the house market was still positive (left the country a while back) and so I'm thinking of changing my plans and instead of renting house to the council......just selling it instead.

But if I'm not mistaken are people allowed to view the house at the moment? If so, what's the best avenue for actually selling the house? It's a lovely detached property in nice part of Tallaght.

Is it just the usual DNG, sherry fitz etc and they just stick up on their website? I can get family to visit for me for keys etc as I don't want to fly back if I can help it...

Sorry been out of loop for a while so apologies if simple question.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

anyone?

is a 4 hour turnaround not up to your standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There is a currently buying/selling megathread on this forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

Per title (and other thread), I did not realise the house market was still positive (left the country a while back) and so I'm thinking of changing my plans and instead of renting house to the council......just selling it instead.

But if I'm not mistaken are people allowed to view the house at the moment? If so, what's the best avenue for actually selling the house? It's a lovely detached property in nice part of Tallaght.

Is it just the usual DNG, sherry fitz etc and they just stick up on their website? I can get family to visit for me for keys etc as I don't want to fly back if I can help it...

thanks.

I would just contact a local estate agent (there are a few based in Tallaght). They will be best placed to give you the detail of how they are managing viewings at the moment. There are virtual viewings etc., so its not just pop it up on a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

thanks.

Plenty of movement going in Tallaght. I'd avoid Sherry Fitzs from personal experience. But you won't have any trouble shifting it if you want.

What area is it may I ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Question doesn’t warrant a thread. There’s threads on current market, viewings etc

Viewings are online only and bids are taken based on people viewing property online. Only at sale agreed and drafting of contracts can the buyer see the property in person. This will continue until May when restrictions are eased. Hence why so few properties coming on market, glut expected post summer.

Anything else you need read the threads instead of asking to be provided with the answer.

DubCount wrote: »
    is a 4 hour turnaround not up to your standards?

Not sure what the SLA is on these forums. Will have to check.

(I had a call on hence was trying to gather some info).
    Caranica wrote: »
    There is a currently buying/selling megathread on this forum??

True!
    DubCount wrote: »
    I would just contact a local estate agent (there are a few based in Tallaght). They will be best placed to give you the detail of how they are managing viewings at the moment. There are virtual viewings etc., so its not just pop it up on a website.
    LastStop wrote: »
    Plenty of movement going in Tallaght. I'd avoid Sherry Fitzs from personal experience. But you won't have any trouble shifting it if you want.

What area is it may I ask?

Thank you for this, very informative. I will try one of the local brokers (thanks for recommendation to avoid sherry fitz) and see what they say.

It's 5 mins walk from the square

Question doesn’t warrant a thread. There’s threads on current market, viewings etc

Viewings are online only and bids are taken based on people viewing property online. Only at sale agreed and drafting of contracts can the buyer see the property in person. This will continue until May when restrictions are eased. Hence why so few properties coming on market, glut expected post summer.

Anything else you need read the threads instead of asking to be provided with the answer.

People can't view til sale agreed? What kind of **** is that???? Surely there'll be a bunch of time wasters??? Hardly much risk if house empty or people dont touch things? weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Well that’s the agreed protocol between psra ipav abs scsi under level 5. Anyone bidding has to provide proof of funds and mortgage approval. Good time to sell, prices are temporarily inflated due to mismatched market, lack of sellers panic buyers....

Well that’s the agreed protocol between psra ipav abs scsi under level 5. Anyone bidding has to provide proof of funds and mortgage approval. Good time to sell, prices are temporarily inflated due to mismatched market, lack of sellers panic buyers....

But surely a high chance of someone ****ing you around for a couple months then dropping out.

Either way thanks for the info. I'll get cracking with it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If so, what's the best avenue for actually selling the house? It's a lovely detached property in nice part of Tallaght.
    There was a virtua walkthrough a few years back, but it never really took off.

If there's no-one in the house now, have the place tidied & professionally cleaned, and then have a wedding video person walk though the house on a day when there's good light; you don't want to see the ugly scuff mark on the wall everytime you view the video :pac:

Wedding video person as they'll have the equipment to shoot the video, and know how to take video correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The housing market is mental at the moment but probably a good time to sell. Good luck, your estate agent will guide you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There's generally someone within 5k who will buy anything that goes on the market. They'll bite your hand off to get it.

beauf wrote: »
    There's generally someone within 5k who will buy anything that goes on the market. They'll bite your hand off to get it.

Hope so. In fairness it's a wonderful house with great privacy, rear entrance gate etc. :)

If I thought there was a chance I was coming back soon I'd keep it, but been seduced elsewhere! :)

Advertisement