Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUP in Dublin

• 22-02-2021 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I've seen some helpful posts about SUP locations in Galway but no recent ones (in the last yr) about Dublin.

Myself and a pal have got a couple of SUP boards for ourselves and we're looking to find the best places to try them out in South Dublin. We're experienced in SUP and have done lessons and guided tours etc before. We really just want to have fun and explore a little, nothing extreme on waves etc. and obviously avoid any strong currents/tides (e.g. Dalkey sound).

We were thinking of trying Seapoint, Sandycove, maybe White Rock in Killiney or Killiney Beach. Does any of you use SUP boards around there?

Because of the pandemic we know these areas are very busy now (we live locally), and we were wondering if anyone has anecdotal experience of the best places to park, set up boards (we got inflatables) without getting in the way of the many walkers and swimmers who are around!

Thanks so much, maybe we will see you around? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

I think you've answered your own question.

BTW I'd skip WR purely for access with a SUP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

With the weather the way it's been I'd go out a couple of times in and around Dun Laoghaire coal harbor before taking them out on open water.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

With the weather the way it's been I'd go out a couple of times in and around Dun Laoghaire coal harbor before taking them out on open water.

Thank you! I’d forgotten about the slip on the coal Harbour.

And good point about WR from the poster above. Thanks also.

Don't forget Bullock

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Justin1969

Has anyone received a permit to Stand Up Paddle on Blessington lakes? The ESB told me only kayaks are allowed.

• Advertisement

Chances are a kayaking club or company has a license to kayak the reservoir from the ESB - like fishing in the Liffey it’s tied down

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

Any ideas for DNS (Northside), to date have just been Sutton, but was thinking bull wall? Anywhere else?

Advertisement