Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for both Army and Navy

Options
  • 22-02-2021 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I made my application today for the Army where I was asked if I had also applied for the Navy and I ticked 'no'. Now I'm thinking of also applying for the Navy to increase my chances of getting in to one of the services. Will the fact that I ticked 'no' on the Army application be a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

D L wrote: »
    I made my application today for the Army where I was asked if I had also applied for the Navy and I ticked 'no'. Now I'm thinking of also applying for the Navy to increase my chances of getting in to one of the services. Will the fact that I ticked 'no' on the Army application be a problem?

Absolutely not. Think long and hard before you go down the navy route. The army is a much better career path unless your from near cobh.

Source. 9 years in army. 9 years hearing lads give out about the navy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D L

Horusire wrote: »
    Absolutely not. Think long and hard before you go down the navy route. The army is a much better career path unless your from near cobh.

Source. 9 years in army. 9 years hearing lads give out about the navy
    The Army is the priority, I was just thinking of doing the Navy as a backup. The worry is that I'm 25 this year so this is my only chance to get into the Army whereas the Navy age limit is 27.

Another question if you don't mind, do you know what the story is with the fitness standards? I got an email back saying that they got my application but the two links they provided about the fitness testing didn't work. Really don't want to mess up what could be my only chance at the Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

D L wrote: »

As someone who worked at sea for nearly 20 years you won't regret a life in the Navy.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

https://military.ie/en/careers/faqs/application-process/

The bottom tab of that page has all the fitness requirements.

Personally I would want a better reason for joining the navy then I was too old for the army. It is not difficult at the minute to get in. Best of luck

Advertisement