Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Contacts?

Options
  • 22-02-2021 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭

over the last few days, i've noticed that some people are missing from Contacts and others don't display properly in messages or recent calls lists. I updated to 14.4, but that was a few weeks ago....

anyone else having issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭djdunny

Did you happen to remove one of your email accounts?

It may be that some of your contacts were saved to a mail account.

Also check the Groups in the top left of contacts and make sure your accounts are ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

djdunny wrote: »
    Did you happen to remove one of your email accounts?

It may be that some of your contacts were saved to a mail account.

Also check the Groups in the top left of contacts and make sure your accounts are ticked.

I don't see how contacts are connected to email addresses? It doesn't work that way.

I would guess this is an iCloud sync issue and would try signing out of icloud and sign back in again.

If that doesn't bring them back then go go to Settings > iCloud.

Turn off the toggle for Contacts. If prompted for removing the previously synced contacts, choose Delete from My iPhone (this will remove the contacts just from your iPhone and not from iCloud).

Then force restart your iPhone.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't see how contacts are connected to email addresses? It doesn't work that way.

It does. Settings, Mail, Accounts, (e.g. gmail), Contacts

If there's more than one mail account and any are using contacts then a suggestion is to re-enter the password (sign-out & sign-in again).

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »

I would guess this is an iCloud sync issue and would try signing out of icloud and sign back in again.

If that doesn't bring them back then go go to Settings > iCloud.

Turn off the toggle for Contacts. If prompted for removing the previously synced contacts, choose Delete from My iPhone (this will remove the contacts just from your iPhone and not from iCloud).

Then force restart your iPhone.

I hope this helps.

You can have contacts on your phone from your iCloud account, your Exchange account, your Gmail account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tazium wrote: »
    It does. Settings, Mail, Accounts, (e.g. gmail), Contacts

If there's more than one mail account and any are using contacts then a suggestion is to re-enter the password (sign-out & sign-in again).
    awec wrote: »
    You can have contacts on your phone from your iCloud account, your Exchange account, your Gmail account etc.

Ok, I stand corrected, I just have never got contacts on my phone that way over the years.

I still think it could be an iCloud sync issue as that has happened to me in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've been meaning to post about this. 6s running 14.4, work phone, Gmail for work email. If Joe Bloggs rings me I sometimes save the number through the phone. If they follow up with an email I create a contact via my desktop browser, but merging duplicates only seems to work some of the time. I end up with Joe Bloggs email and Joe Blogs 086 as separate contacts. I was recently trying to add someone into a WhatsApp and it wouldn't let me because of this. I had to send her the invite link. Must be something I'm doing wrong, I've love to solve this. Turn the phone off and on again?

Advertisement