Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart bathroom extract fan

• 22-02-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one or have experience of one?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anyone got one or have experience of one?

I made a dumb fan smart by supplying it from a Sonoff switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

2011 wrote: »

I did simething similar with an extractor fan. The TH10 can use temperature and humidity sensors so that it can turn itself on/off due to conditions as well as you turning it on off by switch or voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Do the fans run permanently or by presence detector?

Just saw you have temp/presence detector aswell as on / off.

I think I’m looking for something relatively quiet, that doesn’t require switch feed from a light switch.

Humidity would be good but the fan would need to be almost silent when In operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭tnegun

2011 wrote: »
    Same here I've paired it with a Xiaomi temp and humidity sensor and Domoticz. The fan kicks in when the humidity rises a certain % then attempts to bring it down and timesout if not successful after 90 minutes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Do the fans run permanently or by presence detector?

It’s whatever you want. I just ask Google Home to turn it on and it turns off 20 min later due to inching setting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement