Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland calling in letter error

• 22-02-2021 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have received letters from Bank of Ireland. saying we recently revived your account and discovered a technical error on our part. Basically they never sent a calling in letter before starting legal proceedings to reposes my property ( which they never started ). They have now contacted me saying that they registered me with a bad credit rating with the Irish Credit Bureau again by mistake . They have offered to cover legal advice but have made no attempt to compensate me for all their wrongdoings .has anyone else received similar correspondence

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I have received letters from Bank of Ireland. saying we recently revived your account and discovered a technical error on our part. Basically they never sent a calling in letter before starting legal proceedings to reposes my property ( which they never started ). They have now contacted me saying that they registered me with a bad credit rating with the Irish Credit Bureau again by mistake . They have offered to cover legal advice but have made no attempt to compensate me for all their wrongdoings .has anyone else received similar correspondence

Mistakes happen every day, it does not mean that you are entitled to compensation. If they are offering to pay for your legal advice I’d be fairly confident this is going no where.

Did you suffer actual monetary damage as a result of their actions? If not then I expect you’ll be disappointed.

I suggest you take them up on their offer and consult your solicitor. They will be in the best position to advise you as they will be familiar with your affairs. And when you get the solicitors invoice, pay it and reclaim the cost from the bank.

I don’t see you have anything to loose.

Advertisement