Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maria Bailey still “Seriously Injured”

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Yurt! wrote: »
    I really don't know why she's coming back to take another bite of the media cherry though; you'd think her husband or family would take her aside and tell her to let it go.

These political party dynasty people ain't like you and me, they have literally no awareness of how to function in a society, they are so ultimately insular to the party ethos and mindset it is turned into the degree of a cult status. Nothing else matters only them and what they think they can get away with. She showed it up bigtime, that's why the rest of the willy FG crew ran so far away from her. But at least she showed it up, I will giver her that.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

She's poison politically,Mod Snipped - There is no need for that type of comment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

She's poison politically, Mod Snipped.

she looks about 64, not 44.

what did she do before politics?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

pgj2015 wrote: »

You think so? I think she's attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Maria Bailey still “Seriously Deluded"

OP I fixed the title for you.

You think so? I think she's attractive.

you have had too much.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

She worked in Aer Lingus for a bit I believe, at what exactly I don't know. Was elected as her father's running mate as a councillor in her 20s.

Yurt! wrote: »
    She worked in Aer Lingus for a bit I believe, at what exactly I don't know. Was elected as her father's running mate as a councillor in her 20s.

I just checked her wikipedia page to see what her background was. it is 99% about her claim :pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/MariaBaileyR/status/1353316990757335041

The comments remind me of the comments on OJ'S twitter, he gets made fun of over the murder, she gets made fun of over her claim. id say its water off a ducks back to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

LongSwingFall is no joke. It's insidious. You can be just walking past a playground or even watching that opening scene in Terminator and you can just come asunder...
    It's not well documented here but where swings are more prevalent in nightclubs, out foreign, it's claimed a lot of bright lights so it has.

• Advertisement

• pgj2015 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MariaBaileyR/status/1353316990757335041

The comments remind me of the comments on OJ'S twitter, he gets made fun of over the murder, she gets made fun of over her claim. id say its water off a ducks back to her.

What's the breed of dog she has? Very unique looking.

Bull Terrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It's Alan Shatter in a dog suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If there's a lot more to the story than people don't know..then tell us!
    She's claiming the truth was taken out of her hands- then she should come out and tell us the truth.
    And how she is still as she says 'seriously injured'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Why anyone would want to start a business in this country with lowlifes like her around looking for an easy few quid is a mystery. Insurance costs are a huge issue in Ireland for years now because of chancers like her. anyone that would ever give her a vote again would want their head examined. she is a con woman, simple as.

I think she used her maiden name in the claim so her real identity wouldn't be revealed, very sly but stupid at the same time.

We need an enquiry into the hospitality sector. Russian, or worse, Shinner, interference maybe??

1. They attempt to physically maim and then besmirch the name of this fine public representative.
    2. They organised a party in Clifden and try to ensnare unknowing gobsh1tes who play judge and TD by day but, deep down, are just simple gobsh1tes.

I think we need to ban this hospitality craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Regardless of what she's done, the people telling her to "jump off a cliff" and all that abuse need their heads examined. What kind of a person sends that kind of a message to another person?
    Anyone that has ever had to buy any kind of public liability insurance (car insurance, occupiers liability insurance) in Ireland is entitled to be furious with this sleazy POS. Irish drivers, business owners, charity operations, community organisations etc. are being shafted without lube by bottom feeding parasites like MB and the lawyers who represent them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Very disingenuous or slimy comparing herself to Caroline Flack.

Sean. Sean. Sean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She's not wrong about the abuse

People are vile, seem to think words have no effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

That’s about all she right about though. She made the sort of claim the lower working class get lambasted for on a regular basis, and she got caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sometimes it's better just to keep your mouth shut esp when you are the author of your own misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Has she not learnt one thing? Rehash of what she said before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I believe that there is a "pile on culture" which can be unfair. When you're in the wrong, you should apologise and take steps to rectify the harm you've done. At that point, all nasty comments need to stop.

But, this is not what she has done here.

She is doubling down.

So i can see why people are pi$$ed.

Btw - i also believe that people shouldn't say online what they wouldn't say to someone's face. Unfortunately for her, most people i know *would* say it to her face...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still struggling to figure out how to play onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

Piece of sh1t dog. (Kinda like the owner) Hate dogs that look like that.

• Advertisement

I still love the interview with Sean o Rourke;

Sean: Just clarify one thing; did you have something in each hand when this happened?

Maria: Sean, that would be for the judge to ejudicate on.

Maria: But what's your recollection?

Maria: Sean, I am not opening a trial here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nobody deserves to receive comments telling them to jump off a bridge etc and the people engaged in that behaviour are cretins, but on the other hand Maria Baileys injuries were her own fault, and in reality not that bad and her actions in relation to it are something people have a right to comment on, albeit in a civil manner.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

She's learned absolutely nothing. She can go **** herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That’s about all she right about though. She made the sort of claim the lower working class get lambasted for on a regular basis, and she got caught.

Oh yeah, look I think she was in the wrong with the claim.

I dont think that means targetted abuse should be ok because of this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Going to close this up as we already have a thread in CA for Maria....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058027008

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement